PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James signs with Cardinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPatBoy

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
ESPN Radio reported James to Cardinals!

Not at all bad...glad he is in the NFC..maybe they can finally get it all together...NOT surprised..as he was there yesterday..and obviously close..so??? Makes sense.

It'll put more pressure on Peyton but he'll be OK, he thrives on pressure :D

:bricks:

Poor Peyton.

James has really been the engine behind da Dolts O, IMO. Arizona is a good place for him, or us that is -:)

Great news. :)

Manning next year :

"I'm going to try to be a good teammate here . . . but let's just say our running game is having problems".

Terrific signing by the Cardinals. Boldin and Fitzgerald are both excellent receivers, and now they won't have to constantly play against stacked secondaries because of a non-existant running game. Regardless of who is at QB, the Cardinals offense just went from average to good. They are a playoff caliber team in the NFC with this move. I say 8-8 for them next year, maybe 9-7.

Arizona offense was pathetic in the red-zone. Edge should help
them there. That's why Rackers had so many fg's.

Per PFT:

In 2006, James gets $7 million to sign and a $4.5 million roster bonus due on the sixth day of the league year. Also, he'll have a base salary of $3.25 million. That's a total year one haul of $14.75 million.

and

James will actually earn more over four years than Seahawks running back Shaun Alexander, who'll pocket $28.562 million. In fact, the James deal trails the marquee tailback contract of LaDainain Tomlinson by only $250,000 over the first four years.

edgevisitswithplayers.jpg

James with new teammates.

The window of opportunity has officially closed on the Colts. Everyone will now see next year that Edge, not Manning was the cog to that offensive machine.

I am looking forward to many of Mannings hands in the air Manningisms !

mcdonut16 said:
The window of opportunity has officially closed on the Colts. Everyone will now see next year that Edge, not Manning was the cog to that offensive machine.

I am looking forward to many of Mannings hands in the air Manningisms !

Losing Edge hurts, but I don't think it closes any windows.

workhorse said:

Hmm.. It sure does put a dent in your offense though. Especially with Domenic Rhodes a FA as well.

Losing James and Tripplett is just the start. This is going to be a tough year.

what windows???

If Arizona doesn't get some guys on the OL which is easily one of the worst if not the worst in the NFL, the offense will still stink even with 3 pro bowl caliber skill position players. Now that would be an accomplishment worthy of a Bill Bidwell owned team.

i love boldin and fitzgerald
love them

and im a big edge fan
but now that they got him, theyll prob be a pick by many to go to the playoffs

...which means theyll suck

What a maroon. I can dig the draw of the biggest money but Edge is doomed to grinding in the vacant anonymity of a half empty hell-fired cavern. James always struck me as a real competitive type and he must have bought into the building a champion bull but unless the sea parts and Moses joins the team, James will never see anything close to an NFC championship game in his career at AZ.

He could have taken 80% of this contract, still making him filthy rich, and played for a real SB threat. Some guys just don't care that much about being a world champ - be so glad we have TB!!!!!! :D :D :D

re

Even though the Cardinals have historically sucked, I, for one, think Dennis Green knows how to put together a winning football team.

The Cardinals need to draft one or two O-Line players, and if they pan out, the Cardinals could be dangerous on offense.

I see the 2006 or 2007 Cardinals as being similar to the 90's-coached Vikings teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back