Welcome to PatsFans.com

James Sanders

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Julius, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Julius

Julius Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This guy has been around the ball a lot and has been making a lot of solid tackles on those plays that get by the front seven. In short he is doing the job of a Strong safety very well. I hope he continues to see the field after Rodney returns.
  2. Bostonian1962

Bostonian1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

I thought he'd be good, but I didn't know he'd be this good. A couple of huge stops out there. He looks like he belongs, big time.
  3. jczxohn1

jczxohn1 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Rodney's suspension is further proof of the adage "it's an ill wind that blows no one good." Allowing Sanders to fill in and further his development, Jarvis' good work on the line, when others start to feel the nicks and bruises we'll have a couple of pretty good "back-ups" ready to step in.
  4. cblesz

cblesz Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I have been extremely impressed with Sanders. he has made a couple of huge tackles preventing first downs. Nice to see at least us giving him credit...:rocker:
  5. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

Been rewatching the game and he has really stood out. A little of little plays here and there, and a couple of big ones. Hope he continues.
  6. Brady-To-Branch

Brady-To-Branch Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 11 / -1

I always liked Sanders. In his first preseason game, I was impressed with the way he was always around the ball. That's why I didn't mind the RH suspension so much. It would keep RH fresh and give Sanders his chance to shine in the process. He's turning out to be a great 5th round pick from the '05 class.
  7. rsd

rsd Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I agree that he is starting really play well. I distinctly remember the play that was 3 and 1, where he and Santonio Thomas stuffed LDT.

People tend to forget he came out as a Junior, so it isn't unexpected that its taken him a little bit of time to get to this point.
  8. miamipat

miamipat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I wouldn't feel to bad saying or saftey tandem for the future will be Sanders and Merriweather.
  9. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

I agree. I'm not sure Rodney gets handed his old position back...he's going to have to earn it.
  10. patriot lifer

patriot lifer Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

if they don't give it right back to him, it's probably because he hasn't been active playing football for awhile--not so much because of what Sanders is doing.
  11. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 17 / -2

Sure let's have Harrison and Seymour on the bench. NOT!

12. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +302 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Sanders has plugged the hole very nicely but let's not go crazy here - he'll never be the physical presence that Harrison is - and as soon as he's ready, #37 will be patrolling the secondary again.
  13. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

It's certainly not going to be handed to him just because he's Rodney Harrison.

Drew Bledsoe found that out.

True, Sanders isn't the physical presence nor emotional leader Rodney is. There's a definite tradeoff. With Sanders you're getting better coverage and more speed, which in theory leads to more versatility.

I believe Harrison is still the better player, but he's going to have to earn that starting position. I think he will, but it might take him a couple of weeks.
  14. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +209 / 4 / -5

I believe that's what you call "quality depth." :)
  15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +302 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I don't think Sanders has outplayed a healthy Harrison the way Brady outplayed a healthy Bledsoe.
  16. Richter

Richter Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I think what will happen is similar to the linebacker situation, where you'll see guys rotated in and out. Sanders will probably still see some snaps the rest of the season, with Rodney reclaiming a greater share as the season wears on. Sanders is too good out there right now to keep on the bench, and he can help keep Rodney fresh for the playoff run. We all know the Pats like to rotate defensive linemen and linebackers (not to mention other positions), there's no reason they can't do the same thing in the secondary.
  17. Bostonian1962

Bostonian1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Not fair that the influx of talent continues, but I ain't complaining.:) Unless Eric the Rat and the impartial (NOT) "committee" STEAL more of our draft picks.
  18. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +346 / 6 / -7

I suspect Sanders will see most of the action on passing downs, with Rodney in on running downs.
  19. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +302 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Part of Harrison's games is his great timing on blitzes. I want him in there as much as possible.