PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James Sanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remix 6

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
What do you think about our rookie S from last year? He got a very short chance to start, unfortunatley he got hurt a bit but then when he came in during the Bills game he showed talent blitzing the QB, and even picked off a ball for a 39 yard TD return. Hes got potential, listed as a strong safety but at 5"10 he'll likely be behind Wilson if we draft a S. I think hes got a lot of potential in the future for us.

Sanders was fine last year. I believe that in the last half he was our nickel pack, with Poteat at dime.

I don't understand your point about his height. 5'10" is fine on the pats for a defensive bcak at any position.

With regard to drafting a safety, I think that's fine. I think it's a low priority, unless we don't believe Harrison is coming back at all. In addition to Wilson, Hawkins (who did very well), Sanders and Harrison, we have Guss Scott. In addition, we will probably again pick up a special teamer like Stone.

Remix 6 said:
What do you think about our rookie S from last year? He got a very short chance to start, unfortunatley he got hurt a bit but then when he came in during the Bills game he showed talent blitzing the QB, and even picked off a ball for a 39 yard TD return. Hes got potential, listed as a strong safety but at 5"10 he'll likely be behind Wilson if we draft a S. I think hes got a lot of potential in the future for us.

I would prefer Sanders to be a little bigger, it's just that much easier to pound someone if you're bigger. Basic physics, he's 15 pounds or so lighter than Harrison. However Bob Sanders is even smaller and I would take him in a second (as would the Patriots have, according to Curran).

Sanders looked like a 4th round rookie to me, some good plays, some bad plays, some good tackles, some missed tackles. We had a small sample size, though, so I'll assume Harrison is right and he seems to like him.

BelichickFan said:
I would prefer Sanders to be a little bigger, it's just that much easier to pound someone if you're bigger. Basic physics, he's 15 pounds or so lighter than Harrison. However Bob Sanders is even smaller and I would take him in a second (as would the Patriots have, according to Curran).

Assante don't know physics! :D

I like what I saw of Sanders, thats all. None of us really know at this point, but I would not wanna go into a season depending on him either untill we know more.

His challenge in Year 2 is to NOT become the next Guss Scott. Stay healthy James! (Guss too!)

re

Sanders seems to be an aggressive, heads-up player. He only played a few games but made some big plays when he was in there.

My only concerns are his size and durability. If he can stay on the field, I trust Rodney's judgement that he will be a good player.

better than Dexter Reid at least :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back