Welcome to PatsFans.com

James Sanders

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Remix 6, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Remix 6

Remix 6 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

What do you think about our rookie S from last year? He got a very short chance to start, unfortunatley he got hurt a bit but then when he came in during the Bills game he showed talent blitzing the QB, and even picked off a ball for a 39 yard TD return. Hes got potential, listed as a strong safety but at 5"10 he'll likely be behind Wilson if we draft a S. I think hes got a lot of potential in the future for us.

2. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +657 / 53 / -21

Sanders was fine last year. I believe that in the last half he was our nickel pack, with Poteat at dime.

I don't understand your point about his height. 5'10" is fine on the pats for a defensive bcak at any position.

With regard to drafting a safety, I think that's fine. I think it's a low priority, unless we don't believe Harrison is coming back at all. In addition to Wilson, Hawkins (who did very well), Sanders and Harrison, we have Guss Scott. In addition, we will probably again pick up a special teamer like Stone.

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

I would prefer Sanders to be a little bigger, it's just that much easier to pound someone if you're bigger. Basic physics, he's 15 pounds or so lighter than Harrison. However Bob Sanders is even smaller and I would take him in a second (as would the Patriots have, according to Curran).

Sanders looked like a 4th round rookie to me, some good plays, some bad plays, some good tackles, some missed tackles. We had a small sample size, though, so I'll assume Harrison is right and he seems to like him.

4. ayjackson

ayjackson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Assante don't know physics! :D

5. BionicPatriot

BionicPatriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I like what I saw of Sanders, thats all. None of us really know at this point, but I would not wanna go into a season depending on him either untill we know more.

6. shakadave

shakadave In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

His challenge in Year 2 is to NOT become the next Guss Scott. Stay healthy James! (Guss too!)

7. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

re

Sanders seems to be an aggressive, heads-up player. He only played a few games but made some big plays when he was in there.

My only concerns are his size and durability. If he can stay on the field, I trust Rodney's judgement that he will be a good player.

8. Remix 6

Remix 6 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

better than Dexter Reid at least :)