PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James Sanders-The next Rodney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most must remember that Rodney wasn’t always a starter he played only on special teams his first year when he was with the Sandi ago Chargers. He didn’t become a starter to his third year. So lets not say that he will never be a Rodney, because Rodney wasn’t Rodney till he became a full time starter.
I think we say he will not be Rodney because Rodney is truly one of the better safetys in NFL history. He deserves the Hall of Fame even if he doesnt get inducted. Sanders may turn out to be a great player but I highly doubt he will be a hall of fame caliber player, there will never be another Rodney Harrison.

Hey who do you think who is James teacher????James has the best teacher at ss postion to play the game.....The whole secondry is going to man up for the lost of Rodney....That was a dirty block by Wade(wr fo titans)Fisher,Fox lost all respect for coaches.....That why they will be playing golf next weekend........GO PATS!!!!!!:rocker:

I think we say he will not be Rodney because Rodney is truly one of the better safetys in NFL history.

Actually, I don't think there would be much argument to say Rodney Harrison is one of the top 5 safeties in NFL history.

I still have my doubts about Sanders. He made some decent plays in pass protection, but I don't think he has the instincts that Rodney has in playing the run. Tennessee gashed the Pats defense with their running game when Rodney went down. There was absolutely no run support from the secondary.

The entire defense changes with Harrison, he plays close to the line and can blitz or drop back into coverage. Without 37 the Safeties play way back and make the defense more predictable and less flexible.

Sanders is a good backup but hasn't shown be he is anything more than an average starter. Harrison is a border line HOF player, it is not a fair or close comparison.

The entire defense changes with Harrison, he plays close to the line and can blitz or drop back into coverage. Without 37 the Safeties play way back and make the defense more predictable and less flexible.

Sanders is a good backup but hasn't shown be he is anything more than an average starter. Harrison is a border line HOF player, it is not a fair or close comparison.

CSTJohn -
If you were talking about Sanders earlier in the season, I'd agree with you. However, in recent weeks, Sanders has been sent on the safety blitz on several occasions and they have brought him up to help on the run and used him on a couple of run blitzes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down