PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James Sanders talks about leadership heading into 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Nice little piece and glad to see veterans guys like Sanders realize we need several guys to step up and take charge this year.

James Sanders: Leaders wanted - Extra Points - Boston.com

I think Mayo,Meriweather,Wilfork and Faulk are going to be the players who can make a difference in the locker room now that AD is gone.

I like Sanders as a player and as a person (from what little I know of him), but he better cut out this article and keep it on him to wave in front of BB the next time the post game film shows him taking a bad angle on a tackle and giving up a long gain/TD.

I think he is big time on the bubble this year....a little good publicity and being a good Patriot may come in handy!

Nice little piece and glad to see veterans guys like Sanders realize we need several guys to step up and take charge this year.

James Sanders: Leaders wanted - Extra Points - Boston.com

I think Mayo,Meriweather,Wilfork and Faulk are going to be the players who can make a difference in the locker room now that AD is gone.

Wilfork is already laying the wood. He couldn't do that last year because he didn't have a big contract to back up his talk. Can't talk without smack.

I like Sanders as a player and as a person (from what little I know of him), but he better cut out this article and keep it on him to wave in front of BB the next time the post game film shows him taking a bad angle on a tackle and giving up a long gain/TD.

I think he is big time on the bubble this year....a little good publicity and being a good Patriot may come in handy!

No way is Sanders getting cut.

I've come around on this guy since he was reinserted into the starting lineup 1/2 way through the year & really helped stabilize the secondary.

I do hope Chung wins his starting job this year though but having Sanders as 3rd safety is a good thing.

No way is Sanders getting cut.

I've come around on this guy since he was reinserted into the starting lineup 1/2 way through the year & really helped stabilize the secondary.

I do hope Chung wins his starting job this year though but having Sanders as 3rd safety is a good thing.
You forget McGowan?

You forget McGowan?

I think McGowan is getting cut, he started great then was an epic fail the rest of the way. This plus his frankly bizarre shouting at one of our OL who CRUSHED a Jets CB makes me think this guy might be one of the knuckleheads who was causing team chemistry issues.

I don't want players on this team that get mad at their own team mates for HITTING TO0 HARD :confused:

One guy ( AD ) isn't enough to poison a locker room, I suspect there may be more cuts to come.

I think McGowan is getting cut, he started great then was an epic fail the rest of the way. This plus his frankly bizarre shouting at one of our OL who CRUSHED a Jets CB makes me think this guy might be one of the knuckleheads who was causing team chemistry issues.

I don't want players on this team that get mad at their own team mates for HITTING TO0 HARD :confused:

One guy ( AD ) isn't enough to poison a locker room, I suspect there may be more cuts to come.

IMO Springs is another no good locker room player,I think he was in cahoots with ADs cancerous activities on the team,although its kept under wraps since AD is the bigger name,Springs was said to have said something arrogant going by the interview in the locker room when reporters were checking into ADs problems with BB.

Springs is old and too slow..he needs to go as well,time for McCourty to make an early showing

Last edited:
Brady might be included in this conversation...

Brady might be included in this conversation...

Care to elaborate on that? Or will this be another Brady-bashing post in which no fundamental basis is provided to the opinion given? It seems as though every time someone gets on Brady on this board it is based off a "hunch".

Last edited:
I think good of James. He laid the wood last year and took 2 TE off the game in the first quater. I do not remember the last time our DB took a opposing player out in a game and never in 2 weeks in a row.

Merriweather always talks about James as the leader.Chung i like more in the close to LOS covering TE role. I will not let him play the traditional safety.He is big /fast and cannot cover deep and last thing i want is him to get the defensive calls from Mayo and looking confused.

Last edited:
Our defensive leaders next year should be meriweher, sanders, mayo, tully, Warren and wilfork

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes