PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James Sanders or Jarvis Green - Who is more crucial in the first 1/4 of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: James Sanders or Jarvis Green - Who is more crucial in the first 1/4 of the seaso

What's the current status of Mike Wright?

Re: James Sanders or Jarvis Green - Who is more crucial in the first 1/4 of the seaso

True Backup meaning he likey wouldnt start for any other NFL teams at the moment. I personally also dont think he will be our long term answer once Harrison is gone.

And I completely disagree. There has been a question as to whether or not Rodney was going to retire over the last 2 seasons because of his injuries, and yet the team did nothing to give any indication that James Sanders wasn't the heir apparent. In fact, they didn't bring in a single young safety to challenge him at that position. Rodney and Bill Belichick have both made glowing comments about Sanders.

I think he could start for half the teams out there, including the New England Patriots.

Or are you expecting Ronnie Lott, Jr to declare for the draft?

And I completely disagree. There has been a question as to whether or not Rodney was going to retire over the last 2 seasons because of his injuries, and yet the team did nothing to give any indication that James Sanders wasn't the heir apparent. In fact, they didn't bring in a single young safety to challenge him at that position. Rodney and Bill Belichick have both made glowing comments about Sanders.

I think he could start for half the teams out there, including the New England Patriots.

+1. This will be Sanders' oppotunity to show he is a true starter in this league.

The DL position is more critical, but we also have better depth there. Green is important, but LeKevin Smith and Mike Wright are much better at DL than whomever would fill in at Safety behind Sanders.

So in a sense, Sanders has to step up more because the options are less sure if he can't.

Time will tell then, Jarvis has indeeed showed me he can start for many teams in this league by his play in actual games.

Sanders has not. BB praises people and cuts them the next day so that means nothing to me. We can revisit this discussion in a few weeks.

'Hands Down' which is what Defensive Ends usually do with thier hands at the LOS ;) - Thats funny..although I know what you meant ;)

I was actually gonna put "no pun intended" but I wasn't sure anyone would get it! I'm glad you did :D

those 2 spots vacated by the drug suspended Harrison and injured Seymour.

Hormones are natural products of the body ... and NOT DRUGS.

Check your libelous fictions at the door!

It has to be Green. So much of our defensive success has been a result of our strength up front, and this hasn't changed. Front 7 pressure on opposing QBs allows the secondary the flexibility to make plays...and Green has done well here in the past- no reason to think he wont now. Its in run defense where Im concerned. Here Sanders will be more crucial.

Maybe this seems too obvious to most. Overall, #97 has the bigger shoes to fill.

Green. Success begins at the D-Line.

I'm going with Sanders because Green will be rotating with Wright at RDL. The other reason is because Sanders success is really important to them down the road, as he's the guy expected to replace Harrison, whereas Green is a known commodity and expected to remain in his rotation role for the future.

Its showtime for James Sanders, hopefully he's ready for it.

It's close, but I think Sanders is more critical - this could be skewed by my relative faith in Jarvis to do the job, since he's done it so well in the past, and also by the dominance at that position in general.

Sanders is back there, the QB of the D, with Eugene Wilson who in the past has struggled a bit in Rodney's absence, Ellis Hobbs who is solid but still young, and Asante who hasn't practiced (much) or played in 8 months.

Good thread, by the way.

Agree - Jarvis has demonstrated he is more than capable of fillling in along the defensive line, in fact could probably start for most NFL teams. Couple that with the strength of the defensive front, Sanders becomes more critical

Last edited:

We have bingo!

The DL position is more critical, but we also have better depth there. Green is important, but LeKevin Smith and Mike Wright are much better at DL than whomever would fill in at Safety behind Sanders.

So in a sense, Sanders has to step up more because the options are less sure if he can't.

Exactly right, but I'm not worried. They've both had to step up in the playoffs, and both have.

Hormones are natural products of the body ... and NOT DRUGS.

Check your libelous fictions at the door!

drug1 /drʌg/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[druhg] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, drugged, drug·ging.
–noun 1. Pharmacology. a chemical substance used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of disease or used to otherwise enhance physical or mental well-being.

I'm going with Sanders because Green will be rotating with Wright at RDL. The other reason is because Sanders success is really important to them down the road, as he's the guy expected to replace Harrison, whereas Green is a known commodity and expected to remain in his rotation role for the future.

Its showtime for James Sanders, hopefully he's ready for it.

Who do you folks think replaced Rodney last year? And how was the defense?

Who do you folks think replaced Rodney last year? And how was the defense?

Mike answers exactly in a main article today.

The Patriots have been without Seymour for 11 games since selecting him in the first round of the 2001 draft. The team posted a 7-4 record in those contests, .... In 99 games with Seymour, the team is 75-24.

Since signing Harrison as a free agent in 2003, the Patriots have been without him for 21 games, posting a 13-8 mark. In the 51 games Harrison has played, the team is 44-7.

Wow-zer.
THAT is having an impact !

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...2007/09/06/positive_news_to_report/?page=full

Mike answers exactly in a main article today.

The Patriots have been without Seymour for 11 games since selecting him in the first round of the 2001 draft. The team posted a 7-4 record in those contests, .... In 99 games with Seymour, the team is 75-24.

Since signing Harrison as a free agent in 2003, the Patriots have been without him for 21 games, posting a 13-8 mark. In the 51 games Harrison has played, the team is 44-7.

Wow-zer.
THAT is having an impact !

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...2007/09/06/positive_news_to_report/?page=full

I'd be curious as to the breakdown of the 13-8 record was Sanders starting--as he was out for a spell himself a couple of years ago (knee?)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes