Welcome to PatsFans.com

James O’Keefe Commits Voter Fraud to ‘Prove’ Voter Fraud

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jan 12, 2012.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

Breitbart and O'Keefe are up to their old shenanigans, this time commiting crimes to show that there are crimes committed, thus there are crimes committed all of the time. Have to wonder how this will effect the terms of his probation, as he has committed another crime while on probation(AKA violation of probation).

In the closed loop of the wingnut echo chamber, the fact that no actual voter fraud was demonstrated, and that no one has ever even been accused of a scheme like O’Keefe’s, will be completely irrelevant. This is all they need to start screaming that left wing “voter fraud” is now a proven fact.

I also believe that it is also a crime to video and record someone without their knowledge in New Hampshire..

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/view/20220110fraudulent_voter_stopped_in_nh/

Here is the actual confession of O'Keefe's crime...

Voter Fraud | Dead | New Hampshire | The Daily Caller

The next step for O'Keefe is to do an expose with a videotape of how to rob banks with a plastic gun that would be a great move.

2. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Obviously the goal was to embarrass the voting process with hopes to taint any outcome they didn't like but at the same time, should the ballots be that accessible to "dead" people? It does expose a potential for fraud by anyone.

Lets face it voter fraud has occurred, some would say frequently. Dead people have voted before and will again especially if they can get ballots this easily. Ulterior motives noted in this case but its time to tighten it up.
  3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Why? With nearly every record computerized this sort of fraud is less likely to be happening than in the past and we survived in the past without this restriction on voting rights.
  4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 6 / -8

Who would say "frequently"?

There is some tiny fraction of a fraction of 1% of votes cast that can be attributed to "voter fraud." To "prevent" the supposedly feared phenomenon, pubbies are effectively disenfranchising far more people than they are supposedly preventing from "fraudulent" voting through burdensome requirements on voters and the elimination of early voting via republican-dominated legislatures.

It's a transparently partisan ploy.

PFnV
  5. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

An entire candidate's career may be based on the outcomes of some of these primaries where I guess actual paper ballots are more prevalent. "We" survived but maybe some candidates weren't so fortunate. Look it I'm not paranoid over this but if you see a problem, looking the other way does not necessarily protect voters rights. It may in fact disenfranchise them.
  6. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Frequently? I can't think of an election where some kind of voter fraud isn't charged by someone. I noted the ploy.
  7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

I believe it is Karl Marx who said, the power does not lie with who casts the votes, but those who count them..

See Diebold et al.

IF NH wants to they can charge this whole crew with a variety of offenses... but for O'Keefe it is the double whammy as he may be in violation of his probation..
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

They are illustrating why voter ID laws the administration opposes are needed.
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

By breaking the law??? Risky ground for someone on probation...
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

It's not just the administration.

Many of these laws are way too stringent and restrict access to the process for too many people. Any nID should be OK. You should be able to bring in a phone bill with your address on it. A blank check with your name and address. You shouldn't be required to present a state-issued picture ID with you. When you vote, your name is crossed off the list. That list has your name and address on it. That's it. Why should someone have to have a photo ID issued by the state? Sounds a lot like Big Government intrusion on our privacy to me. I thought neo-cons were opposed to that.
  11. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +85 / 6 / -9

#37 Jersey

To drive, to cash that check and to establish phone service so you can have a bill. You're just advocating voter fraud and Identity theft.
  12. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +337 / 6 / -7

I must say, this man makes a convincing argument.

:rolleyes:
  13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

The irony of these shenanigans is that why would you want to prove voter fraud in a republican primary??

HTF is going to vote for the guys on the republican crazy train except republicans??? So why break the law, and risk being charged to vote for someone who most consider are pyss poor??

It is right wing idiocy at its finest.. a "Beevis and Butthead" moment.

"Hey I have an idea, lets drive up from Jersey and commit a crime to prove that a crime can be committed. Next time we bring the plastic pistols to the bank.. we will prove our point then."
  14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +350 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

There are millions of citizens who do not drive. People over 65, people in large cities with lots of public transportation and no parking spaces, Amish men and women, blind people, handicapped people.

Many people have their employment checks directly deposited into their credit union. That's their "bank account." Besides, you don't need a driver's license to open a bank account. Nor do you need one to establish phone service or to pay a bill.
  15. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +85 / 6 / -9

#37 Jersey

You absolutely need photo ID to open a bank account and open utility services.
  16. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

You need multiple forms of ID to get drivers license or any government benefits. You need photo id to cash a check

Why should voting be any different.
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

No you don't....

Voting is guaranteed by the Constitution, the rest is all bullshyt.

Why break the law???

The right is such a joke, they bray like donkey's about limited government, and now they want to create impediments for folks to vote.. the right wing granny state at its finest, what a joke of a party.
  18. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +350 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

You absolutely do not.

I just established a land line in my mother's nursing home room in my name...it was all done by phone since she is in another state. I had to "prove" nothing.

I have a cell phone, my son has a cell phone - neither of us had to show any "ID" since we are on MrP's "family plan."

I share a checking account with my son - I added his name to my account when he moved here with us. He does not have a driver's license, we used his birth certificate and a bill he had received here in his name as ID.

And again, hundreds of thousands of senior citizens have bank accounts but no longer have valid driver's licenses or photo ID. Their accounts were established decades ago.
  19. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Do the clowns on the right screaming voter fraud not know about the Help America Vote Act of 2002?

From the Commonwealth of Massachusetts voter registration website:

Elections: How to Register to Vote

That law was passed 10 years ago.
  20. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Manch-Vegas is going to prosecute.

If there is one thing I know, and often give out as free advice, its "Don't mess with Manch-Vegas!"

two prominent Granite State officials are calling for their arrest and prosecution. Ted Gatsas, the Republican Mayor of Manchester, told the New Hampshire Union Leader, “They should be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.” Similarly, Nashua City Clerk Paul Bergeron told ThinkProgress by phone that what these individuals did “is a crime, regardless of what the intent might be. What they did was wrong.” Bergeron said he hopes the case gets prosecuted because it “appears to be a violation of the state’s wiretapping code for one thing, which is a Class B felony in New Hampshire, in addition to a possible violation election fraud.”

AG probes voter fraud in NH after activists get ballots as dead people because they weren't ID'ed | New Hampshire NEWS0605

Nackey Loeb is p!$$ed

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/videoLibrary/showPicture.php?programid=77923&height=290&width=427