PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James Harrison blasts commisioner, team mates, and pretty much everybody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
At some point one has to wonder if Harrison is mentally stable and in need of psychological evaluation and assistance. Apparently the previous quotes were just tidbits from the article; in the full column he goes on to state that he would "like to meet them (i.e., Tedy Bruschi and Rodney Harrison) in a dark alley."

James Harrison Says He'd Like to Meet 'Idiot' Tedy Bruschi, 'Steroid Cheater' Rodney Harrison in a Dark Alley - NFL - NESN.com

"I hate those [expletives], especially those two clowns who talked about me after the fines," James Harrison said, referring to Rodney Harrison's and Tedy Bruschi's comments made on TV. "Sayin' I'm dirty -- [expletive], [Rodney] Harrison was the dirtiest player ever, a steroid cheater who was known by the whole world to be a headhunter and late hitter. And Bruschi's an idiot, straight-up simple. I'd like to meet them both in a dark alley."

I fully realize there is a lockout and the CBA is, and should be getting the NFL's full attention - but at what point does the league step in and say enough is enough, you're going to sit out on the sidelines for a while?

I'd put money on Rodney Harrison doing a job on James Harrison.

At some point one has to wonder if Harrison is mentally stable and in need of psychological evaluation and assistance. Apparently the previous quotes were just tidbits from the article; in the full column he goes on to state that he would "like to meet them (i.e., Tedy Bruschi and Rodney Harrison) in a dark alley."

James Harrison Says He'd Like to Meet 'Idiot' Tedy Bruschi, 'Steroid Cheater' Rodney Harrison in a Dark Alley - NFL - NESN.com

"I hate those [expletives], especially those two clowns who talked about me after the fines," James Harrison said, referring to Rodney Harrison's and Tedy Bruschi's comments made on TV. "Sayin' I'm dirty -- [expletive], [Rodney] Harrison was the dirtiest player ever, a steroid cheater who was known by the whole world to be a headhunter and late hitter. And Bruschi's an idiot, straight-up simple. I'd like to meet them both in a dark alley."

I fully realize there is a lockout and the CBA is, and should be getting the NFL's full attention - but at what point does the league step in and say enough is enough, you're going to sit out on the sidelines for a while?

Fortunately, our "Mrs Bruschi" is away on vacation! :eek:

Last edited:
According to Jimmy......

Goddell is both a dictator and a puppet.

That's all you have to know about his intelligence level.

Add in the comments about R'berger and his "bailing out" defensive performances in the Super Bowls....and you pretty much cover.

According to Jimmy......

Goddell is both a dictator and a puppet.

That's all you have to know about his intelligence level.

Add in the comments about R'berger and his "bailing out" defensive performances in the Super Bowls....and you pretty much cover.

Also add in that Harrison doesn't want Roethlisberger to create turnovers by throwing the ball, so he is urges him to give the ball to a running back Harrison labels a "fumble machine."

It's clear that a lot of careful thought went into his comments.

According to Vrabel, never... That's what started to grate on me about him and his association...

Vrabel: NFLPA* would have problem with a fine for James Harrison | ProFootballTalk

The attitude that players aren't held to the same standard Mike now wants to impose on Goodell and frankly the rest of us who were perhaps not given NEARLY as much but still have minimal expectations of conduct is pathetic.

If you can't make that hit on a RB w/o getting fined they should make it two-hand touch.

Oh, we'll get there. Apparently the new rules classify a QB "in the act of throwing" a defenseless player.

Oh, we'll get there. Apparently the new rules classify a QB "in the act of throwing" a defenseless player.

a QB in the act of throwing is a defenseless player. Of course, the rules already prohibit hitting him in the knees or head, which is all the protection that's needed and maybe a little extra. If this means that even protection is being sought, then that does worry me.

Duck was the wrong word, but he is lunging forward while being hit. If you can't make that hit on a RB w/o getting fined they should make it two-hand touch.

Andy - You can "make a hit" on a RB without leading with your helmet and without headhunting. And that is exactly what Harrison did. Harrison made absolutely NO attempt to tackle Cribbs who was already in the grasp of Woodley. Had Harrison actually attempted to tackle Cribbs, then I'd have no issue with the play.

He didnt go at his knees, he hit him in the upper body and broke his jaw. Its not Sapps responsiblity to make sure the guy realizes he is on a football field and is able to be hit.

Umm.. Andy, they made a new rule because of it. The guy was 20 yards AWAY from the play and Sapp blind-sided him. And it wasn't Chad Clifton's jaw. It was his hip and pelvis where ligaments were torn. (yes, I am correcting myself also).

Chad Clifton thriving years after Warren Sapp nearly ended his career - AOL News

Cribbs was a ball carrier. He ducked his head as contact was being made. That was a bs fine. Every RB in the NFL would draw fines for anyone tackling them with that move.

You clearly are not thinking about the same play. Cribbs did not "duck his head" as contact was being made. Cribbs was already in the grasp of Woodley when Harrison hit Cribbs in the head. Cribbs was already forward before Harrison put his head down and hit Cribbs on the back side of Cribbs' Helmet. Sorry, but THAT is a BS hit and it's 100% disingenuous of you to claim otherwise. And if you need the actual PROOF, just look at the 40 second mark of this video..

Steelers' James Harrison hard hit on Browns' Joshua Cribbs 10-17-10 - YouTube

Clear as day that Cribbs head is down and Harrison's is NOT. Harrison is the one who put his head down and initiated the helmet to helmet contact. Headhunting. Plain and simple.

Clearly James Harrison doesn't know the difference between HGH and Steroids. As for Bruschi being an idiot, I guarantee that Bruschi has forgotten more about football than Harrison has ever known.

James Harrison is a POS player who deserves to be tossed from the league for his head hunting antics. There is no place in this league for guys like him.

I can guarantee you that if Bruschi or Rodney met Harrison in a dark alley, Harrison would pi$$ his pants... Guy is a loud-mouthed jerk. Probably idolizes roid-head Joey Porter.

a QB in the act of throwing is a defenseless player. Of course, the rules already prohibit hitting him in the knees or head, which is all the protection that's needed and maybe a little extra. If this means that even protection is being sought, then that does worry me.

All that is needed, now, is the refs to understand the difference between hitting in the thigh vs. below the knee and hitting in the chest vs. hitting in the helmet.

He was right about one thing though, Ben isn't Peyton. He has more rings.

I don't like either one, but, damn, I found that funny :rofl:

Umm.. Andy, they made a new rule because of it. The guy was 20 yards AWAY from the play and Sapp blind-sided him. And it wasn't Chad Clifton's jaw. It was his hip and pelvis where ligaments were torn. (yes, I am correcting myself also).
The fact that they made a rule doesnt make it right. If he blind-sided him it would be a clip. He hit him after he gave up. Football players are taught to play to the whistle. After an Int a defensive guy needs to block whoever he can get to, and a blocker doesnt need to judge whether the other guy is trying or not.

Chad Clifton thriving years after Warren Sapp nearly ended his career - AOL News

quote]You clearly are not thinking about the same play. Cribbs did not "duck his head" as contact was being made.[/quote]
Which is why I corrected my choice of word.

Cribbs was already in the grasp of Woodley when Harrison hit Cribbs in the head.
Cribbs was fighting for more yards/

Cribbs was already forward before Harrison put his head down and hit Cribbs on the back side of Cribbs' Helmet. Sorry, but THAT is a BS hit and it's 100% disingenuous of you to claim otherwise. And if you need the actual PROOF, just look at the 40 second mark of this video..
Now it is disingenuous of me to disagree with your opinion?

Clear as day that Cribbs head is down and Harrison's is NOT. Harrison is the one who put his head down and initiated the helmet to helmet contact. Headhunting. Plain and simple.
You have clearly never played football if you expect players to stop and make decisions about whether to hit a ballcarrier because as he is going down you may hit his head. Defenders aren't studying film in slow motion on the field. They are trying to stop the other team from gaining another inch.

You clearly are not thinking about the same play. Cribbs did not "duck his head" as contact was being made. Cribbs was already in the grasp of Woodley when Harrison hit Cribbs in the head. Cribbs was already forward before Harrison put his head down and hit Cribbs on the back side of Cribbs' Helmet. Sorry, but THAT is a BS hit and it's 100% disingenuous of you to claim otherwise. And if you need the actual PROOF, just look at the 40 second mark of this video..

I just watched your video.
Where do you expect Harrison to hit him?

His hit also caused a fumble on a guy fighting for extra yardade, so don't even try to call it unneccesary

Your Clifton article specifically says the league ruled the hit legal.
Clifton himself says 'its football'.
The article perfectly describes Sapp doing exactly what he is supposed to after an Int, finding someone to block.
The Bucs won the SB that year and one of the main reasons was Gruden challenging them to not only turn the ball over but to score on defense.
Sapp did his job, Clifton was running down the field not paying attention.
But here's a question. If the block was unnecessary why was Clifton running after the interceptor?

I have nothing against putting the onus on defenders for making a proper tackle. That Harrison hit was very poor and if not deliberate, was extremely careless and showed poor technique. Just because you are in a terrible position to begin with doesn't mean you are now free to come from behind and run through the head of an opponent who doesn't see you. He did not have his arms forward, it was a bad tackle, pure and simple and should be outlawed.

The alternative is to remove helmets altogether, that will immediately stop all these deliberate head to head hits.

I have nothing against putting the onus on defenders for making a proper tackle. That Harrison hit was very poor and if not deliberate, was extremely careless and showed poor technique. Just because you are in a terrible position to begin with doesn't mean you are now free to come from behind and run through the head of an opponent who doesn't see you. He did not have his arms forward, it was a bad tackle, pure and simple and should be outlawed.

The alternative is to remove helmets altogether, that will immediately stop all these deliberate head to head hits.
Are you honestly saying that a defender should not be able to tackle someone he cant see him?
How was that a poor hit? It caused a fumble. Every tackle isnt one on one in the open field when you can wrap up and form tackle.
It sounds like you want him to tackle with his arms?
Tackles don't happen in slow motion. You cannot plan what part of your body contacts which part of his body. You are trying to get a hit on the guy the best you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back