PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James Harrison blasts commisioner, team mates, and pretty much everybody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently you haven't noticed the Patriots have their own rump-swamper also, in Bruschi.

You mean the same Tedy Bruschi who had called it like it is with the Pats and, basically, put others in their place over their misconceptions? The same Tedy Bruschi who was also critical of the Pats and said they weren't getting it done when it counted??

I agree that Tedy is a rump-swabber, but I've not heard him treat the team any differently than any other team he's commented on.

I'm grabbing some popcorn.

I hate the Steelers, second only to the jets. The actions of harrison remind me of a lot of steelers fans I have come across in recent years.

you know, I read a post in this thread that contains the term "rump swamper" and immediately my mind envisions this dank,mossy,vine entangled wetland with clumps of land that look like ass...a rump swamp...could such a place actually exist?

you know, I read a post in this thread that contains the term "rump swamper" and immediately my mind envisions this dank,mossy,vine entangled wetland with clumps of land that look like ass...a rump swamp...could such a place actually exist?

Urban dictionary: swamp butt

swamp butt? Isn't that what you get after spending a week kyaking on the Swift River ? ;)

You mean the same Tedy Bruschi who had called it like it is with the Pats and, basically, put others in their place over their misconceptions? The same Tedy Bruschi who was also critical of the Pats and said they weren't getting it done when it counted??

I agree that Tedy is a rump-swabber, but I've not heard him treat the team any differently than any other team he's commented on.

No one besides a Patriots fan would say that.

So wait ... isn't the enemy of my enemy supposed to be my friend?

....oh hell no!

Last edited:
No one besides a Patriots fan would say that.

Anyone who actually watched Tedy Bruschi on ESPN when he commented on other games would say that.

I don't understand the problem people have with the rules. There is no rule against hitting a player hard, as hard as you want. There were a lot of mega-hits and forced fumbles last year.
In fairness to Harrison, he was fined for hitting Cribbs who was running the ball on a running play. No way that is correct.
Also, I still disagree with Sapp getting punished for hitting an OL who wasnt looking after an Int, and one time a Patriot got a flag for pummelling a punter on a punt return, not terribly far from the ball carrier, because he was a punter and he hit him hard. That is wrong.

What you can't do is hit a guy in a way designed to injure.
Head to head is dangerous for both players, and can cause paralysis.
Not being able to launch at the defenseless receiver frankly is a competition issue because WRs wouldn't go over the middle without alligator arms without it. The calls on minor hits on the QB are ridiculous.

The funny thing is the football guys whining are the ones who specialize in hitting smaller guys who have their attention directed elsewhere and are defenseless.

Harrison has yet to be fined for hitting an OT or OG. No, the only guys he wants to hit are those who weigh 100 pounds less and are looking in his direction at the time of the hit.
It is his job to hit the QB, not to make sure he is paying attention before hitting him. The Cribbs hit was agaisnt a ball carrier. If he didn't head hunt, I wouldn't see a problem with his play. It is football.

Anyone who actually watched Tedy Bruschi on ESPN when he commented on other games would say that.
Bruschi has been as impartial as one could observe every time he's been asked to give public commentary on the Patriots. I'm not sure how anyone could say otherwise.

In fairness to Harrison, he was fined for hitting Cribbs who was running the ball on a running play. No way that is correct.
Also, I still disagree with Sapp getting punished for hitting an OL who wasnt looking after an Int, and one time a Patriot got a flag for pummelling a punter on a punt return, not terribly far from the ball carrier, because he was a punter and he hit him hard. That is wrong.

How can you disagree with Sapp being punished for going at the knees of an O-lineman from behind when the O-lineman who was not in the play?

Harrison was fined 4 different times.

How can you say Harrison shouldn't have been fined for the hit on Cribbs? It was a helmet to helmet hit. At no point in time did Harrison even attempt to wrap up Cribbs. It was a clear case of Head-hunting.

Now, if you want to talk about Harrison's hit on Massaquoi is another story. Harrison actually led with his hands and hit Massaquoi in the shoulder pads. And I agree that he shouldn't have been fined for that.

Head to head is dangerous for both players, and can cause paralysis.
Not being able to launch at the defenseless receiver frankly is a competition issue because WRs wouldn't go over the middle without alligator arms without it. The calls on minor hits on the QB are ridiculous.

You don't have to launch yourself at a WR to hit them hard and give them alligator arms. if you hit them in the chest after they have a foot on the ground, you can do just as much damage to them.

It is his job to hit the QB, not to make sure he is paying attention before hitting him. The Cribbs hit was agaisnt a ball carrier. If he didn't head hunt, I wouldn't see a problem with his play. It is football.

I agree that if Harrison didn't head hunt, his play would be fine. The problem is that he does head hunt.

How can you disagree with Sapp being punished for going at the knees of an O-lineman from behind when the O-lineman who was not in the play?
He didnt go at his knees, he hit him in the upper body and broke his jaw. Its not Sapps responsiblity to make sure the guy realizes he is on a football field and is able to be hit.

Harrison was fined 4 different times.

How can you say Harrison shouldn't have been fined for the hit on Cribbs? It was a helmet to helmet hit. At no point in time did Harrison even attempt to wrap up Cribbs. It was a clear case of Head-hunting.
Cribbs was a ball carrier. He ducked his head as contact was being made. That was a bs fine. Every RB in the NFL would draw fines for anyone tackling them with that move.

I agree that if Harrison didn't head hunt, his play would be fine. The problem is that he does head hunt.
Right. But the league is going too far.

Bruschi has been as impartial as one could observe every time he's been asked to give public commentary on the Patriots. I'm not sure how anyone could say otherwise.

Bruschi has picked against the Pats a number of times in big games. He's extremely impartial, which is saying a lot for an ESPN analyst.

His comments on Roethlisberger are hilarious though

James Harrison is a brilliant mind. I mean, who can forget this gem.

@jharrison9292 is his twitter page, incase you wanted to express your opinions about him.

He didnt go at his knees, he hit him in the upper body and broke his jaw. Its not Sapps responsiblity to make sure the guy realizes he is on a football field and is able to be hit.

Isnt that the play where Warren Sapp took out the Philly OL behind the play?

Cribbs was a ball carrier. He ducked his head as contact was being made. That was a bs fine. Every RB in the NFL would draw fines for anyone tackling them with that move.

Cribbs did not duck and never saw Harrison coming unless he has eyes in the side of his head.

‪STEELERS James Harrison hard hit on Browns Joshua Cribbs 10-17-10‬‏ - YouTube

So Harrison's apology comes out (clearly Rooney instigated).. perhaps he should have thought before he made them in the first place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye