PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James Harrison blasts commisioner, team mates, and pretty much everybody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also claimed we cheated the Steelers out of a ring in 2004. And apparently took shots at Tedy and Rodney. Not to mention his own teamates. He's the poster boy for what's wrong with this league. Just another anti social moron making $9M per... I won't shed a tear when he needs to be diapered since he asked for it. Although I will for the guys whose lives he cavalierly ruins with impunity.

To bad the juice couldn't make his brain grown bigger...

For such a "classy" organization, they have their fair share of losers.

Rapistberger, Terrorist Mendenhall, DUI Ward, and Harrisons Mouth. They are gaining on the JEST.

work.3441922.2.flat,550x550,075,f.angry-man.jpg

The only thing this guy has right is that Goodell has turned the NFL into the National Flag Football league.

I respect the tenacity,desire to dominate and emotion he plays with as a player ON the field,but otherwise he is a jerk as a person.

If there is a clone of James Harrison,it's Bart Scott who I feel the same way about.

This guy has no filter..

I don't understand the problem people have with the rules. There is no rule against hitting a player hard, as hard as you want. There were a lot of mega-hits and forced fumbles last year.

What you can't do is hit a guy in a way designed to injure.

The funny thing is the football guys whining are the ones who specialize in hitting smaller guys who have their attention directed elsewhere and are defenseless.

Harrison has yet to be fined for hitting an OT or OG. No, the only guys he wants to hit are those who weigh 100 pounds less and are looking in his direction at the time of the hit.

The only thing this guy has right is that Goodell has turned the NFL into the National Flag Football league.

I respect the tenacity,desire to dominate and emotion he plays with as a player ON the field,but otherwise he is a jerk as a person.

If there is a clone of James Harrison,it's Bart Scott who I feel the same way about.

Remember Bart Scott's 2007 meltdown? I'm still amazed that he managed not to pick up a third PF (imagine Gostkowski kicking off from the Baltimore 20).

So far the Steelers post Superbowl collapse has been legend.. wait for it.. DARY!

He was right about one thing though, Ben isn't Peyton. He has more rings.

MG_7134-final1.jpg

Last edited:
I wish the new CBA would include psych evals on these guys when they spout off like this...

He also claimed we cheated the Steelers out of a ring in 2004. And apparently took shots at Tedy and Rodney. Not to mention his own teamates. He's the poster boy for what's wrong with this league. Just another anti social moron making $9M per... I won't shed a tear when he needs to be diapered since he asked for it. Although I will for the guys whose lives he cavalierly ruins with impunity.

He called Harrison and Bruschi Clowns..

I have news for Harrison. He's the clown. He's a dirty player and should be suspended for his head hunting..

James Harrison of Pittsburgh Steelers blasts Roger Goodell in magazine interview - ESPN

"If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn't do it," Harrison told the magazine. "I hate him and will never respect him."

:rofl:

The Sporting News has even more on it..
Steelers' James Harrison to magazine: Roger Goodell a 'devil' - NFL - Sporting News

Sporting News said:
is other descriptions of the commissioner include an anti-gay slur, "stupid," ''puppet" and "dictator."

Sporting News said:
Harrison also criticizes other NFL execs, Patriots-turned-commentators Rodney Harrison and Tedy Bruschi ("clowns"), Houston's Brian Cushing ("juiced out of his mind") — and even teammates Rashard Mendenhall and Ben Roethlisberger for their performances in the Super Bowl loss.

I see a fine in Harrison's future, if not by the league, then by the Rooney's for the slur.

Harrison is also clueless because many of the changes that have been enacted have been done with OWNER approval. In fact, there is very little that Goodell is responsible for when it comes to rule changes.

The other doozy is that Harrison claims that the Brain Trauma comes from "banging heads in training camp" and not from the games..

Last edited:
Here's a guy who will spend a lot of time as a guest of the federal government or the state where he resides. To take a big old crap on the Commissioner's desk during the lockout may earn him a fine before the CBA is faxed to the teams for their review. He'll be serving a suspension for breathing on a quartback by week three. Dope.

Pittsburgh is one of those few teams in the NFL that will not allow player to player problems affect thier team via the media because they are more capable and classy enough to conceal problems in the locker room and solve them on thier own.

Expect Ben to come to the podium within the next few days and say all is well between him and James and there is no animosity despite the fact that there HAS to be some.

Ben will not want any more negative stuff involving him this offseason...last year was enough...He will keep it to himself.

Not regarding Harrison specifically, but these guys can't win. If the only answers they give are the Patriots variety, they're mocked. If they give serious answers to questions, they're attacked. If they avoid the media, they're labelled and, during the season, they can be fined.

Funny aparently Harrison ran to the resident ESPN Steeler homer, Merrill Hoge, to tell him he was misquoted and he never said the things he was quoted about at least towards Mendenhal and Roethlisberger. The Steelers are lucky they have a rump-swab on the ESPN staff who will gladly act as their PR rep to clean up the mess.

Not regarding Harrison specifically, but these guys can't win. If the only answers they give are the Patriots variety, they're mocked. If they give serious answers to questions, they're attacked. If they avoid the media, they're labelled and, during the season, they can be fined.

Harrison wouldn't be "mocked" if he acted like a man about it and not a child.

If he said "I disagreed with the Commissioner when he fined me during the season and I continue to disagree with him now, " that would have been fine.

Not to mention that he fails to realize that it's the owners, not Goodell, who have instituted the rule changes. And those changes were done at the behest of the Competition Committee.

Harrison is also the one who head hunts on his hits. He goes HIGH almost every time. So it is deserved that he gets fined for those hits. If he hits them in the Torso, well, that's a different story.

I don't like Goodell. I never have. But blaming him for things that are out of his control is just stupid. Doing so in such an uneducated rant is just pathetic.

Funny aparently Harrison ran to the resident ESPN Steeler homer, Merrill Hoge, to tell him he was misquoted and he never said the things he was quoted about at least towards Mendenhal and Roethlisberger. The Steelers are lucky they have a rump-swab on the ESPN staff who will gladly act as their PR rep to clean up the mess.

Apparently you haven't noticed the Patriots have their own rump-swamper also, in Bruschi.

Seems to me they win every year that they are under contract and cash those 7 figure checks. Fact is that if their egos are so much larger than their mental capacity, they have the funds and the right to shoot off their mouths and pay for the consequenses. Endorsements down the drain... they can afford that..Fines from the league or team... they can afford that...and why because we as fans never stick up for what is just and ethical and continue to support a system that puts up with that kind of attitude with our hard earned dollars. Ethics is not important to the sport, wins and competition is.

Every time a player spout off like this it just makes it harded for me to have any compassion for injured and disabled retired players who took their chances in a system that they aprove of that allows players like this to prosper in. It is accepted that players like him are out to cause injury as part of their game style. It is made public that fines will not stop the practice. This will continue till an illegal hit from a multiple offender causes greivious injury or death and the case is pushed against the league in civil or even criminal courts. Illegal acts in the NFL that present clear and eminant danger, that are tolirated by the NFL should be considered the liability of the NFL, in the same way that any employer will be punished for puting you in unnessisary danger in you job.

The league will hand out 4 game suspensions at the drop of a hat for PED's, but hand one out for repeated head hunting in the game, never happen. Injuries and ended careers happen from illegal hits, where are the corrosponding suspensions and expulsions from the game. The league talks safety, its all smokescreen. They want the big crashes that the fans want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes