PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jamal Williams signed by Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jamal Williams

"Oh snap" San Diego!

Big move by the Broncos to shore up a major weak spot from last season.

2 thoughts here..

1. Oakland's pick is looking better and better for next year!!!
2. This is interesting for the draft as well.. as DT was def a need.. it will be either a Saftey /Tackle / or McClain.

2 thoughts here..

2. This is interesting for the draft as well.. as DT was def a need.. it will be either a Saftey /Tackle / or McClain.
I'd think Spikes was a better fit for the Denver 3-4 with his ability to pressure the QB when he blitzes.

I'd think Spikes was a better fit for the Denver 3-4 with his ability to pressure the QB when he blitzes.

Hoping they think so to and try to pick him up in the 2nd.. McClain could fall quite allot of he make it past them and SF.. we'll see I guess..

Williams, Bannan and Green. That's a lot of new bodies and cash to spend on the DL.

Hoping they think so to and try to pick him up in the 2nd.. McClain could fall quite allot of he make it past them and SF.. we'll see I guess..
I'm not seeing McClain in NE, not after BB spent a first and third the past two drafts to infuse the ILB slots with youth. Mayo will hopefully stay healthy and make the leap I saw Guyton making last year, and I'll be looking for Guyton to continue improving. ILB depth/competition seems best addressed later in the draft, perhaps with one of those comp picks.

Jamal Williams used to be the most dominant nose tackle in the league. He gets hurt every year now tho, he'll look good in a few games probably

2 thoughts here..

1: good point, forgot that the raiders are in denvers div and Williams should overpower Satele no problem, assuming 100% health.
2: I think they could still look at DT given Williams' age. He could teach the new guy the tricks of the trade and retire

Big move by the Broncos to shore up a major weak spot from last season.

If he can stay healthy, maybe. That's a pretty huge if at this point, though. He's Kris Jenkins-esque, in that regard.

Last edited:
If he can stay healthy, maybe. That's a pretty huge if at this point, though. He's Kris Jenkins-esque, in that regard.

The starters wore down last year, but they started off well. If they stick around as backups, it'll be a big help even if Williams goes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back