PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jamal Lewis/Chester Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drpatriot

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
If the Ravens keep Chester Taylor and get rid of Jamal Lewis, is he worth going after?

What if they decide to keep Lewis and get rid of Taylor? Would Taylor be a good Patriot?

The salary cap dictates we keep Dillon

The Ravens will keep Taylor

As bad as Dillon looked bad this year, Lewis looked worse

A backfield featuring Lewis and Dillon would be prohibitively expensive and has a significant likelihood of being ineffective

Taylor is my number one choice for our backfield. I'd love to see him in New England.

wow has losing a playoff game have everyone going mad?

First TO and now Jamal Lewis, who is next Chad Johnson? The pats have gotten to where they are by not having bad apples and when a good apple rots they release them they don't go out and pick rotten apples off the ground. Dillon was a bruised apple who desperately wanted to play in a winning organization. He is the closest thing that pats have to picking up a "bad apple".

Forget the ex-con thing with lewis but what did he do this season that would make you want to sign him?

I feel like they've already got the old veteran on the back nine in Dillon. Lewis would be the same IMO. They picked 2 TE in the first round so why not a RB if a good one slides?

jamal, rickey, priest holmes

drpatriot said:
If the Ravens keep Chester Taylor and get rid of Jamal Lewis, is he worth going after?

What if they decide to keep Lewis and get rid of Taylor? Would Taylor be a good Patriot?
it will be an interesting off season, we know BB has a penchant ro 28-year-old RBs.
oh---isn't edgerrin james gonna be available?

ilduce06410 said:
it will be an interesting off season, we know BB has a penchant ro 28-year-old RBs.
oh---isn't edgerrin james gonna be available?
James is going to want more money than we're willing to pay him. Same with Alexander. Chester Taylor or Jamal Lewis would likely demand a lower payroll.

Other options:
Anthony Thomas: Though he hasn't done much since his excellent OROY season in 2001, a comeback year wouldn't surprise me.
Maurice Morris: Even though he didn't have a particularly good game this weekend against Washington, he had a decent season with a 4.1 ypc average. Seahawks will likely make an effort to sign him if Alexander goes elsewhere.
Najeh Davenport: Davenport was a huge prospect last season and will likely be one again this season. Green Bay will make a play at him but Davenport will go somewhere else. Last year he had a 5.1 ypc average.

Any other suggestions?

TJ Duckett on the block in Atlanta. The man is huge.
Travis Henry could be signed super cheap.

drpatriot said:
James is going to want more money than we're willing to pay him.

Maybe... BUT, it could be possible to use the old "Ya know, you'll never get a ring with that punk b**ch of a QB, so why not come to NE, for less money, where the chances of getting one increase greatly..." :p

Na_polian said:
Maybe... BUT, it could be possible to use the old "Ya know, you'll never get a ring with that punk b**ch of a QB, so why not come to NE, for less money, where the chances of getting one increase greatly..." :p
a dream come true but highly doubtful.

Fix the o-line before talking about getting another rb please.

Lewis will get franchised and the Ravens will add another RB from the draft. Taylor walks, IMO.

upstater1 said:
Taylor is my number one choice for our backfield. I'd love to see him in New England.

i said that in a forum a few weeks ago

I think an upgrade at RB is wise. I'm not throwing the running game under the bus, but our running backs are not likely to improve at this stage of their careers, and Dillon seems to have lost that first step. I don't think we need to bring in a full time back yet, but Taylor and Davenport both look nice. I wouldn't mind taking a flier on a 4th round back, just to add some competition.

Corey will be back strong next year, he had a high ankle sprain most of the year.. Yes, we do need to pick up a young running back.

We, also need to upgrade the run blocking. No RB can go anywhere if he's getting hit in the backfield.

PatsRI said:
I feel like they've already got the old veteran on the back nine in Dillon. Lewis would be the same IMO. They picked 2 TE in the first round so why not a RB if a good one slides?

Lewis is still young, I believe he's only 26, maybe 27. An interesting name I saw was Ahman Green. He's been banged up the past two seasons but when he's healthy, he can put up unreal numbers. What interesting is he's a great receiver too. We would basically have last season's Dillon and Faulk all wrapped up into one.

Phokus said:
Fix the o-line before talking about getting another rb please.

OK, Light, Koppen, Kaczur return. Does that fix it?

upstater1 said:

Pretty much. People seem to forget that we played most of the season with two O line starters on IR.

upstater1 said:

Don't forget Graham's outstanding run blocking, which was especially integral in the playoffs last year.

sieglo said:
Don't forget Graham's outstanding run blocking, which was especially integral in the playoffs last year.

Yep and he should be back to that level next season when he is all healed up. I just wish we could see him running more routes. IMO, he's every bit as much of a beast as Watson is. Not as fast but probably a little stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back