PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jake Locker ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

#56300ex

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
NO, I'm not suggesting that the Pats draft Jake Locker.

He went to high school up here in northwest Washington and we've all kinda been pulling for him to make it to the NFL. Kind of a "Local Boy Makes Good" type of story.

Anyway, I don't really follow college football a whole lot and I'm sure my scouting skills are next to nothing. Those of you who have seen him play, does he have the size/skills to be somewhat successful? What team/coach would he appeal to? He strikes me as a Tim Tebow type of player but again, what do I know. Thanks for your opinions.

IMO he's a fantastic athlete that will seriously struggle at the next level, I think his running ability will ultimately hurt him as it's an escape valve, the best pocket passers are the guys that really can't run.

I hope he can become a great QB in the league, a team like Minnesota would be great for him (dome, speed offense, defense already needing to account for AP) but it's just a matter of him learning to let the play develop and having the patience to stay in the pocket and deliver the pass.

I hope that helps.

His team is god-awful. He'll be a complete steal if someone can land him in the bottom of the first. Classic case of a guy who'll be a better pro than college player.

I read somewhere that is he droping from last year's rating, to the third round.

The scouts were expecting more growth, he was basically horrible against Nebraska. More development under Sarkarsian was expected.

He has an NFL body, an NFL arm, but does not appear to be well coached at this point in time.

There are times he will amaze, then others not so much.

It's hard to tell how he will do in the NFL, you see other QB's do well at the college level then disappear once they hit the NFL.

My guidance for picking a college QB is if he can pick up his secondary reciever, don't think that is easy to coach up, either you got it or you don't.

That's my 2cents worth,

He'll get drafted no later than Day Two, whether he gets a coaching team who can correct and guide him is another thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back