PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jahri Evans: Can he pro...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Pats will take a look. From what I ready he was dealing with couple different injuries last year which lead him to have somewhat of a down year. If his health checks wonder if he can have a Waters type impact on the line.

Isn't NOLA in a big time cap crunch? Probably more about saving money than it is ability would be my guess.

NOLA cap hell continues, they only had 3.5M cap space before the cuts and are up to 20M in dead money after the cuts. I'd love to see him on a Brian Waters deal. He's also a Philly native so there may be a draw there. I could see a Florida or New York Bozo shelling out some money for him.

I'd absolutely pursue any means to upgrade the OL. Evans would certainly provide that.

Should they take a look? Absolutely. But will we sign him? Have a hard time thinking that considering how we declined on Evan Mathis.

Bloomsburg University! Already won a ring. Prob looking for $$$$

Not sure you would be able to count on him to start 19 games but seems like an excellent depth guy. Guess it depends on what kind of contract he is looking for.

Recent news on Jahri Evans - Unsigned Free Agent - Rotoworld.com (<<Link)

Evans' body has begun to break down in recent years, however, most notably battling wrist and knee injuries.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/08/report-saints-cut-jahri-evans/(<<Link)

Evans, 32, has been with the Saints since 2006 and started all 153 games he played. He took a pay cut after the 2014 season, his sixth straight Pro Bowl season. He started 11 games in 2015.

My understanding is that he rebounded a bit this season, but in 2014 he was awful at protecting the QB. He has always been a powerful run blocker, but it seems like his continued decline is going to be most evident in his pass blocking. That's not the profile of a guy that I'd be looking to bring in for starter money, even if the Pats did have great success the last time they signed a former best RG in the NFL.

I would definitely take a look. Nobody wants to see Kline in the starting line up again and if he can provide an upgrade at a position where we need improved play, let's do it!!!!

Too early to say it? Sign the beast!

I want Evan Mathis now, and I wanted Evan Mathis after he was released by Philly.
Bill should've found a way to get him in the building; the results speak for themselves.

I was wondering how long it'd take for a Jahari Evans thread to pop up, and it's no coincidence that it was started by Adam Seward. :D Let the hype begin (or continue)!

Last edited:
I want Evan Mathis now, and I wanted Evan Mathis after he was released by Philly.
Bill should've found a way to get him in the building; the results speak for themselves.

Evan Mathis was not exactly a world beater for DEN this year.

Definitely worth a look IMO. Maybe you can get a good year or two out of him like you did with Waters.

Definitely worth a look IMO. Maybe you can get a good year or two out of him like you did with Waters.

The big difference in this case may be the pricetag, though. I'd have to assume that Evans will be demanding much more than Waters did, although it'd be great to have that situation repeat itself with a key FA value signing. No doubt about it.

Evan Mathis was not exactly a world beater for DEN this year.

Off topic but did Vernon Davis even play in the SB. I don't remember hearing his name once. He wasn't exactly a world beater either.

Off topic but did Vernon Davis even play in the SB. I don't remember hearing his name once. He wasn't exactly a world beater either.
Good question. He did very little once he got there

Good question. He did very little once he got there

Didn't many pundits tell us that he was the missing ingredient for the Denver Broncos?? Barely noticeable..

Not sure about Jahri Evans, if he came for the vet minimum with incentives strongly consider.. if he wanted big bucks, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes