PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaguars sign Brian Williams - 6 yrs/32 million

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monopoly money is flying around. I hope Clayton updates the cap numbers on Monday. The numbers will be teensy compared to yesterday's.

I actually think its a pretty cap friendly deal. All things considered.

DaBruinz said:
I actually think its a pretty cap friendly deal. All things considered.
I haven't seen all the numbers but $5-$6M is a big chunk. Maybe I'm just behind in the times since the caps went up.

BelichickFan said:
I haven't seen all the numbers but $5-$6M is a big chunk. Maybe I'm just behind in the times since the caps went up.

BBFan -
That is assuming that the salary is paid evenly. My best is that, since the SB can only be pro-rated over 5 years, that most of the salary is in that 6th year. A year that he will never see.

You have to figure that this year will see him getting the league minimum and the signing bonus. So that is probably $2.585 million for this year.

DaBruinz said:
BBFan -
That is assuming that the salary is paid evenly. My best is that, since the SB can only be pro-rated over 5 years, that most of the salary is in that 6th year. A year that he will never see.
Understood but who knows if there's really a bogus year at the end. Why would they even have a fake 6th year if they can't prorate the bonus over that year ?

BelichickFan said:
Understood but who knows if there's really a bogus year at the end. Why would they even have a fake 6th year if they can't prorate the bonus over that year ?

Because you can backload it with salary and it would be no risk of any dead money. It inflates the contract for posterity.

DaBruinz said:
Because you can backload it with salary and it would be no risk of any dead money. It inflates the contract for posterity.
Right but it's worthless to the player if he knows he won't get it. Anyway, I hope this guy helps them against the Colts.

WAY OVER PAYED!!! And to think maybe New England could fly him under the radar and sign him to a good deal...huh!

BelichickFan said:
Right but it's worthless to the player if he knows he won't get it. Anyway, I hope this guy helps them against the Colts.

Its not worthless to the player if he knows it helps drive the cost up in general.

I hope he helps them against the Colts as well. I think it will, especially since the Colts have only Mungro and Chapman as their RBs currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes