PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaguars fan in Bahrain !

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdul7

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Thought id share this story. Was in our largest Mall here home in Bahrain, and noticed a young man wearing a jersey of the Jacks. Jaguars, with Taylor on his back! My first thought was that they had another Taylor on their roster. But being curious i went out of way and said hello and introduced myself and asked which Taylor and ofcourse he meant Fred Taylor. When he found out not only that i was a Pats fan, but surprised as a local Arab how much knowledge i had of the NFL, we sat for coffee and spoke about the playoffs. He was with the 5th Fleet based here and was a Big Taylor fan and was cheering for New England so Fred would get the Ring he deserves. He actually thinks nearly all of the Jaguars fan base will cheer the Pats because of Freddy Taylor which sounds great to me. Do you all back there in the U.S. get the same story ? Seems that Taylor was a huge icon in Jacksonville. I do hope he can do us and them proud. I have always liked Taylor since we signed him, and i say that his influence on BJGE was probably a huge factor this season. Anway just wanted to share this. Too nervous to write till after Sunday's Game. GO PATS. Abdul

Great story!

Taylor praised BJGE's work ethic last summer. Class guy & an icon.

Last edited:
Even though Fred Taylor has been a bit of an on the field disappointment, rushing for over 10k yards in his career is simply amazing. Especially when you consider the average back lasts around 3 years.

I knew you had to travel a long ways to find a Jags fan, but geez, I wouldn't have guessed that far.:)

Last edited:
In Jacksonville, Taylor is almost a god. I personally know a ton of people who started rooting for the Jaguars because of Taylor (Gators fans mostly, but also fans of hard nosed football). I'll have to ask them if they're rooting for the Pats this weekend. At least a couple of them I know absolutely despise the Pats.

Thought id share this story. Was in our largest Mall here home in Bahrain, and noticed a young man wearing a jersey of the Jacks. Jaguars, with Taylor on his back! My first thought was that they had another Taylor on their roster. But being curious i went out of way and said hello and introduced myself and asked which Taylor and ofcourse he meant Fred Taylor. When he found out not only that i was a Pats fan, but surprised as a local Arab how much knowledge i had of the NFL, we sat for coffee and spoke about the playoffs. He was with the 5th Fleet based here and was a Big Taylor fan and was cheering for New England so Fred would get the Ring he deserves. He actually thinks nearly all of the Jaguars fan base will cheer the Pats because of Freddy Taylor which sounds great to me. Do you all back there in the U.S. get the same story ? Seems that Taylor was a huge icon in Jacksonville. I do hope he can do us and them proud. I have always liked Taylor since we signed him, and i say that his influence on BJGE was probably a huge factor this season. Anway just wanted to share this. Too nervous to write till after Sunday's Game. GO PATS. Abdul

great story. little too nervous myself.

In Jacksonville, Taylor is almost a god. I personally know a ton of people who started rooting for the Jaguars because of Taylor (Gators fans mostly, but also fans of hard nosed football). I'll have to ask them if they're rooting for the Pats this weekend. At least a couple of them I know absolutely despise the Pats.

More than the Colts?

More than the Colts?

No, definitely not. But there's no love lost for the Pats either. Think about how many times we've knocked them out of the playoffs since '96.

To be fair I'd hate the Patriots if I was an opposition fan. The Patriots win more games in 2-3 seasons that some teams win in a decade.

As for Taylor, well look at what Maurice Jones-Drew and BenJarvus Green-Ellis have gone on to do. He's the king of mentoring the hyphens.

Last edited:
A good buddy of mine, who is a Jags fan, told me when the Pats got Taylor that they were getting a great teammate and player. He was definitely upset to see him go, and told me he'd be rooting for Taylor to do well for the Pats, but stopped short of saying he would root for the Pats. He might this year, though. I also think Freddy has done enough to get a ring. Let's bring it home. :D

In response to the OP, I'm surprised to see so much interest in the NFL in the Middle East. I'm glad to see it, though. I admit that I've never discussed the NFL in Arabic, but it would be pretty good fun.

Last edited:
Taylor might still make a big on the field contribution before this is all over. I still remember the burst he showed in the pre-season so I'm not counting him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back