PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaguars | Arrington has good visit; Does NOT Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE_PATS_FAN_54

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
The Florida Times-Union reports free agent LB LaVar Arrington (Redskins) had a good meeting with the Jacksonville Jaguars Saturday, March 25, according to Jaguars senior vice president Paul Vance. "We like him as a player and we like him as a person,'' Vance said. Arrington stayed in Jacksonville Saturday night after spending the day with Jaguars' officials and was scheduled to leave Sunday morning, March 26. Arrington has indicated he's looking for a contract in the range of the seven-year $54 million deal that LB Julian Peterson got from the Seattle Seahawks. Vance declined to characterize the status of the negotiations except to say that talks will continue.

so going against a FALSE post on this site, arrington has NOT signed with the jaguars.........yet.

Wow, I wonder if there are any plans to bring him in for a visit. Offer him the same money and maybe he'll jump at the chance to play for Belichick. I seriously doubt any of what I just typed will happen but it sure sounded good.

NE_PATS_FAN_54 said:
so going against a FALSE post on this site, arrington has NOT signed with the jaguars.........yet.

Thanks, 54.
Getting it RIGHT
is almost as important
as getting it fast.

flutie2phelan said:
Thanks, 54.
Getting it RIGHT
is almost as important
as getting it fast.

I think the 3 year-11 million deal that was reported here was a pretty big tip off that he was still unsigned.

For those who think Patriots would sign him:

LAVAR HAS AN ATTITUDE PROBLEM. HE TRIED BEING A DISTRACTION BY SAYING HE WOULD RETIRE EARLY. GIBBS DIDNT LET HIM PLAY EARLY BECAUSE OF INJURY AND ATTITUDE. LAVAR HAD AN INCIDENT AT A PARTY HE HOSTED WITH FEW PLAYERS AND THAT WAS BROUGHT INTO POLICE INVESTIGATION.

incase you didnt know by now, Patriots dont take attitude guys or stupid players

Remix 6 said:

LAVAR HAS AN ATTITUDE PROBLEM. HE TRIED BEING A DISTRACTION BY SAYING HE WOULD RETIRE EARLY. GIBBS DIDNT LET HIM PLAY EARLY BECAUSE OF INJURY AND ATTITUDE. LAVAR HAD AN INCIDENT AT A PARTY HE HOSTED WITH FEW PLAYERS AND THAT WAS BROUGHT INTO POLICE INVESTIGATION.

incase you didnt know by now, Patriots dont take attitude guys or stupid players

Ow, you're hurting my ears.

Remix 6 said:

you seem to have a lot of knowledge regarding this guy.

Remix 6 said:

i gotta disagree with u here...it wasnt gibbs who sat him, it was gregg williams, the d-coordinator. ive never heard anything about a party, or what not. lavars attitude all season, was in large part, "whatever makes the team better". he said that if him sitting, made the team better, then he was ok with it. he became a team player as the season went on, and played spectacularily in the playoffs. if the price is right, i want this guy.

Remix 6 said:
Hes not a very coachable guy..he tries doing everything for himself. Hes not a team player really..and he costs a lot.
How do you know so much about this guy? Just curious.

im not a skins fan but i watch them because 1 of my favorite players are Portis and sean Taylor. I used to read a lot about situations. He doesnt have offield issues..its on the field. He doesnt get it his way..he either slacks or starts something. Last yr..about playing time he said he would retire early maybe..why? he was a distraction at that point and Gibbs didnt wanna deal with him like that.

plus i believe 1 of the Postons represent him..1 i think is suspended but not sure who it is now but you know Patriots prefer not to deal with Rosenhous or Postons..they are the most aggresive agents and they want a team to overspend on a player

and i asked a guy who knows football well

me: im having a debate with someone..doesnt LaVar Arrington have an attitude and that hes not really coachable?

him: yeah he isn't exactly in our universe, doubt he gets taken because of his attitude

Last edited:
i'm pretty sure BB did an ok job with a guy who had some "attitude" problems when he was the DC with the Giants

he wasnt a HC back then..here we missed on good players in the past because their attitude..Bill looks at the person more than football skills

as for Dillon..he complained and wanted to go elsewhere because he was a very good back and played for a horrible team for a long time and just got sick of it..

Remix 6 said:
he wasnt a HC back then..here we missed on good players in the past because their attitude..Bill looks at the person more than football skills

as for Dillon..he complained and wanted to go elsewhere because he was a very good back and played for a horrible team for a long time and just got sick of it..

Yes, he does look at the personality and attitude, but just because a player is determined to be a problem in one place doesn't mean he will necessarily be that way in another. I think I would trust BB's assessment, if he feels that Arrington is worth bringing in for a visit, instead of just blankedly saying he has a bad attitude.

we woulld have brought him in by now..top teams for him are likely Giants, Dolphins or Jaguars

Dillon had numerous run ins with the law

did he? provide me a few links or reports.

I agree with Taten - if the Pats bring him in, then etc. etc.

But living in the Washington area, I can only say I'd be very surprised if they brought him in. He is a pouter, a whiner, and, as noted, not a team player. He's said (and the press says) all the time how he had 4 defensive coordinators in 5 years. You hear a lot of present Pats personnel saying how they'll be on their 3rd DC in 3 years, as of next year? The guy is an excuse factory.

Now once again, if BB thinks he's worth a look, he's worth a look. Of course that only happens if you can get him cheap, which is the opposite of what I'd think will happen with this guy in free agency.

But as always... stranger things have happened, and I've learned to never say never as far as the Pats are concerned

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey