PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

jags style of play cost them the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I understand that the jags are a physycal football team that runs first and passes second but with 5:00 minutes left and 2 timeouts how can you keep running it when your down 10 either they don't trust gerrard enough to hand him the game or they were thinking by running Taylor or jones drew would finally break out after being shut down the entire game? Are you serious? The jags bottom line were to predictable and the pats D focused so much on the run they were burned early by the pass but when the jags focused solely on the pass they showed that they can still cover a field and that gerrard still has a long way to go.

thats the only way they could have played us. no big plays, make us work our way down the field, shorten the game. ive seen others critical of their gameplan but i think it was a smart approach for an overmatched team. only thing they didnt do is the didnt get it done in the red zone and that was the difference. in other words they bended but they did break

The Jags D didn't play to win. They played to avoid being blown out. Congrats to them for executing that gameplan to "perfection".

Another stat the Pats lead the league in...Surrendering moral victories.

Cleveland, Dallas, Indy, Philly, Baltimore, Jets(2nd), Miami(2nd), Giants, Jags. All left their losses with some sense of "accomplishment". Heroic efforts. Blueprints. Career games. Something to build on.

I'm happy for them. I truly am.

The Jags D didn't play to win. They played to avoid being blown out.

I agree, kind of. they played determined to not give up the big play...basically hoping that they got an INT or a fumble or a sack at some point.

I'm not sure thats a mistake though. I mean they held us to less points than we normally get...and if Brady makes a mistake at some point or we do fumble, then maybe things turn out differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back