PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jags Secondary

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is this unit compared to the eagles and some of the other ones we have played ? Patriots Daily here http://www.patriotsdaily.com/2008/01/patriots-roundtable-divisional-playoff-edition/

seem to think they have quite a decent secondary and i have seen their corners in the past jamming the colts WR's . Is the current team built the same way ? ould be interesting to watch.

Im a Jags fan but Ill be the first to say thats the unit I am worried about. Dont get me wrong I'm not saying I dont have faith or think that they can handle it but they are gonna have to be VERY physical off the line. There is a LOAD of talent in the Pats receiving core. (the arm behind it doesnt hurt either)

There's some Secondary talk in the Football Outsiders' preview here :

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2008/01/11/ramblings/game-previews/6012/

"Let’s start with the secondary. Remember what I said last week about Rashean Mathis: Last year, Mathis had a 57 percent Success Rate and allowed 6.3 yards per pass. In our (incomplete) charting data so far for 2007, Mathis has a 47 percent Success Rate and allows 7.3 yards per pass. If you want standard stats instead, Mathis has dropped from 21 passes defensed and eight interceptions to six passes defensed and one interception. (Yes, Mathis had more interceptions in one playoff game than he did in 16 regular-season games.)

The Jaguars also have trouble with slot receivers. Dallas Clark ate them alive in the two Jaguars-Colts games. Guys like Maurice Stovall, Lance Moore, David Anderson, and Chris "Buster" Davis were racking up first down after first down against the Jaguars with very few incomplete passes. Good luck with Wes Welker."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes