PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jags release WR Troy Edwards.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy Edwards would do alright in a spread offense.

RayClay said:
Dryheat, you're a very good poster. Calling somebody a piece of trash doesn't help others evaluate him.

I guess it's not clear from my sentence. I didn't mean to call his character into question (he's a piece of trash). I simply mean that he keeps getting thrown away by other teams, i.e. Bethel for Sullivan was a trash for trash trade.

For what it's worth, in less than a year, Edwards has been cut by two WR-needy teams in Detroit and Jacksonville. Clearly he's not the answer.

Hasn't he also returned punts? He could be of some value.

dryheat44 said:
I guess it's not clear from my sentence. I didn't mean to call his character into question (he's a piece of trash). I simply mean that he keeps getting thrown away by other teams, i.e. Bethel for Sullivan was a trash for trash trade.

For what it's worth, in less than a year, Edwards has been cut by two WR-needy teams in Detroit and Jacksonville. Clearly he's not the answer.

Unless we want to make a trade, whoever we pick up will have to fit us and be a bad fit for somebody else.

Patten wasn't exactly in demand when we got him.

Most teams don't throw as many receivers out there as we do.

Borisman said he'd be good in a spread offense. Seems to me a vet that does one thing well might be valuable here.

Not saying he's the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back