PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jags' Collier shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jags Collier shot and Fred Taylor Arrested - The Jags are having a bad week.

Thoughts and prayers for sure.

That said, will they ever learn? I know it's a free country and the bill of rights guarantees the persuit of happiness. But the average NFL career pays millions and is generally over before your're 30 something. Why risk it for any reason?

Goodell would be better served to institute a league wide curfew. That wouldn't have saved Jason Taylor though, so perhaps in addition, rather than focusing on expanding his product world wide, Roger should consider increasing the size of practice squads to 53, quadrupling their pay and arming them and assigning them to guard the 53 on the active rosters 24/7. His approach to cleaning up the league ignores the fact that we live in an increasingly ramdomly violent society.

Re: Jags Collier shot

Nothing good ever happens after midnight. It's certainly not Collier's fault that he was shot...just sounds like the wrong place at the wrong time. I hope he makes it.

Re: Jags Collier shot and Fred Taylor Arrested - The Jags are having a bad week.

Thoughts and prayers for sure.

That said, will they ever learn? I know it's a free country and the bill of rights guarantees the persuit of happiness. But the average NFL career pays millions and is generally over before your're 30 something. Why risk it for any reason?

Goodell would be better served to institute a league wide curfew. That wouldn't have saved Jason Taylor though, so perhaps in addition, rather than focusing on expanding his product world wide, Roger should consider increasing the size of practice squads to 53, quadrupling their pay and arming them and assigning them to guard the 53 on the active rosters 24/7. His approach to cleaning up the league ignores the fact that we live in an increasingly ramdomly violent society.

You mean Sean Taylor, yes?

LOL Yup... Nothing can save Jason since he lost the last championship he had a shot at...

LOL Yup... Nothing can save Jason since he lost the last championship he had a shot at...

LMAO!!!!

Best wishes for a full recovery to Collier!

Couldn't believe this news when I first saw it. I hope he makes it through. :(

Sean Taylor was shot in his home when people broke in while he was sleeping.

Wow! That really sucks. I really hope he makes it through this.

I'm sorry to hear this. Just awful...

The guy was drunk and asleep at a McDonald's drive-thru, which got him a DUI recently.

Now he's hanging outside the apartment of girls he just met at a night club @ 2:45am, the week before the season begins?

Some people have downright garbage judgment and lack common sense. This is what unfortunately happens.

The latest was that he was critical but stable..hopefully he will improve. Prayers are with him.

The guy was drunk and asleep at a McDonald's drive-thru, which got him a DUI recently.

Now he's hanging outside the apartment of girls he just met at a night club @ 2:45am, the week before the season begins?

Some people have downright garbage judgment and lack common sense. This is what unfortunately happens.

Since when does going to a girl's apartment that you met a nightclub qualify you as a potential shooting victim? Am i missing something?

Since when does going to a girl's apartment that you met a nightclub qualify you as a potential shooting victim? Am i missing something?

If you're a football millionaire standing outside a random girls' Jacksonville apartment complex @ 2:45 in the morning you're just not displaying good judgment.

If you're a football millionaire standing outside a random girls' Jacksonville apartment complex @ 2:45 in the morning you're just not displaying good judgment.

Have to agree here. Not good judgement at all. Again, not his fault that he was the victim of a crime. Simply wrong place at the wrong time, but it was his poor decision making that led him to being outside a girl's apartment complex at 2:45 AM.

I hope he gets better

Have they said anything more about a motive? Was it random or was he targeted by someone?

This is getting ridiculous. Sean Taylor last year, the two players from Denver the year before. Now this. :(

To those saying: HE SHOULDN'T BE OUT AFTER MIDNIGHT, Collier was supposedly in westside, Jacksonville at the time of the shooting. That's far from the worst place in the city (that being the northside). This really just sounds like a freak shooting.

To those saying: HE SHOULDN'T BE OUT AFTER MIDNIGHT, Collier was supposedly in westside, Jacksonville at the time of the shooting. That's far from the worst place in the city (that being the northside). This really just sounds like a freak shooting.

Exactly. Relatively speaking he wasn't exactly in a horrible neighborhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots