PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jacoby Brissett Facing Surgery For Thumb [MOD EDIT: May not need surgery - who knows anymore]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Jimmy has a week and half to rest so we got some time.

Can bb figure out a way for edelman to pass to himself?

1PM game.
Damn! Can't they like flex the Pats game to SNF so Hoyer can fly into Foxboro? He'll just be down the road in DC...Bob can send the jet...he can change on the plane...

I mean, really, what would mean the better ratings?

KC at PIT...blah blah blah...Andy Reid...blah blah blah...Ben Roethlisberger...blah blah blah...
or
...the hated Patriots and the despised Belichick trying to win a fourth game in a row with their third different starting QB?

I just read the last 3 pages of this thread, and I can't imagine the panic there must have been the first 5 that THANKFULLY, I didn't bother to read. God people can be so easily manipulated. They showed them working on JB's fingers during the game. IF he had torn ligaments in his thumb of his throwing hand, he's not playing after that play. Yet the mediot at WEEI come out with some crap. BSPN repeats that giving WEEI the credit, and WEEI doesn't care that a few minutes later the report is debunked because they got their station's name mentioned nationally several times and THAT is the most important thing to them.

AND such is the reality of so called sports journalism in 2016. Being right or wrong has no meaning. Being first and getting it repeated is what matters, because you can always spin what you have said, regardless of how ludicrous or erroneous what you said was.

They showed them working on JB's fingers during the game. IF he had torn ligaments in his thumb of his throwing hand, he's not playing after that play.

I just watched the replay on NFL network (was at the game last night so I didn't see it on tv), the trainers didn't seem too concerned. Nance thought it was an issue with JB's nail

I just read the last 3 pages of this thread, and I can't imagine the panic there must have been the first 5 that THANKFULLY, I didn't bother to read. God people can be so easily manipulated. They showed them working on JB's fingers during the game. IF he had torn ligaments in his thumb of his throwing hand, he's not playing after that play. Yet the mediot at WEEI come out with some crap. BSPN repeats that giving WEEI the credit, and WEEI doesn't care that a few minutes later the report is debunked because they got their station's name mentioned nationally several times and THAT is the most important thing to them.

AND such is the reality of so called sports journalism in 2016. Being right or wrong has no meaning. Being first and getting it repeated is what matters, because you can always spin what you have said, regardless of how ludicrous or erroneous what you said was.
Do you have any relation to katfanpenn?

Katfanpen.jpg

edit: Whoops, that's Teller, not Penn.

Last edited:
i think this was actually an attempt by BB to smoke out a leak in the organization. you know the old trick:

BB tells employee 1: "Jacoby tore a ligament in his right hand, will need surgery."
BB tells employee 2: "Gronk reinjured his hamstring, will be out another 4-6 games."
BB tells employee 3: "Edelman re-aggravated his foot injury, will probably go on IR."

wait to see which story gets reported--BUSTED!

Wow, that's unexpected if true. But ideally he wasn't going to take another meaningful snap this year anyway, so it should be fine. Brissett gave us a solid game and a half though, hard to hope for much more than that. Luckily Garoppolo has a week and a half to get healthy, and I've gotta say this whole thing highlights how great it is to have an ironman like Brady back there. I know a lot of this is just luck, but it's not total coincidence that in 15 years, Brady has only suffered one injury severe enough to keep him off the field.

This is nuts. Feel bad for Brissett. He looked pretty good when given the keys against the Texans.
Hopefully Jimmy Garappolo will be ready to go then!

The only good news is the Thursday game gives both our backups extra time to recover for next week's game.

OK. I'll fess up.

60% of me wants Jimmy to be healthy and ready to start. That's the sane thing to want, right?

30% of me hopes that Jacoby is able to play, so the Pats can beat Rex with a rookie starting his second game. That's not as smart, but, come on...it's Rex...

But, 10% of me want Jules or a veteran hire to start so BB can coach wins in four consecutive games with three different starting QB's, especially since it will be the win with which he moves into sole possession of fourth place on the all time HC win list.

I hear you but I want Jimmy 100%. If he is a)playing with pain it helps his value and b) if he foes 27-37 303 3TDs add another 1st rounder.

What Rex is hearing:

"Brissett sprained his thumb, he will need surgery, he is likely out against the Bills"
"No, Brissett only had a minor sprain, he will likely be good to go against the Bills"
"Garoppolo still can't lift his arm, he is not likely to be able to go against the Bills"
"Garoppolo is making fast progress, he is likely to be able to go against the Bills"
"Edelman is preparing to be the starting QB against the Bills, he will have 10 days to get ready"
"Edelman doesn't want to start against the Bills because it would jeopardize his QB rating"

It must be confusing to have the Patriots up as your next game. :confused:;)

i think this was actually an attempt by BB to smoke out a leak in the organization. you know the old trick:

BB tells employee 1: "Jacoby tore a ligament in his right hand, will need surgery."
BB tells employee 2: "Gronk reinjured his hamstring, will be out another 4-6 games."
BB tells employee 3: "Edelman re-aggravated his foot injury, will probably go on IR."

wait to see which story gets reported--BUSTED!

Thanks, Tyrion.

Watching the post game locker room video, it doesn't seem like Brissett's thumb is too serious. He was high fiving people with it, didn't seem to be favoring or protecting it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back