PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jacoby Brissett Facing Surgery For Thumb [MOD EDIT: May not need surgery - who knows anymore]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patriots QB Plan A: Brady
Plan B: Garoppolo
Plan C: Brissett
Plan D: Edelman

Plan E:

512x.jpg

Plan F: Convince Manning to un-retire for one game.

Patriots QB Plan A: Brady
Plan B: Garoppolo
Plan C: Brissett
Plan D: Edelman

Plan E:

512x.jpg

Plan F: Convince Manning to un-retire for one game.

I think I'm warming up to plan E

Sorry did not read all 10 pages. Could this be the injury that gets Brissette IR'd when Brady returns. So that they do not have to lose a roster spot. IR Brissette to save a positional player on roster. We do not need 3 QB's when Brady returns. He did not seem injured after the game.

Sorry did not read all 10 pages. Could this be the injury that gets Brissette IR'd when Brady returns. So that they do not have to lose a roster spot. IR Brissette to save a positional player on roster. We do not need 3 QB's when Brady returns. He did not seem injured after the game.
I would sacrifice a roster spot to take all three. You never know what could happen with Garoppolo already injured.

When you're on your 4th string, emergency quarterback... you know what time it is...

TEBOW TIME!!!!!

giphy.gif

There were follow up reports of the ligament being strained rather than torn, and those reports were downplaying the severity of the thumb injury. Surgery doesn't seem guaranteed at this point. But the Pats are going to monitor it these coming days.

@Ross12 Can you or another mod update the thread title?

I would sacrifice a roster spot to take all three. You never know what could happen with Garoppolo already injured.
I just think Brady never loses time at QB except for the ACL injury. If we get to Brissette as QB because of injuries to Brady and JG our season is doomed. I think Brissette is so raw. Over time he will not be able to carry us. Did awesome last night to protect football. But he had the reigns tight around his neck in passing game. Start his learning process behind the scenes. We always go with 2 QB's. That extra roster spot is important.

There were follow up reports of the ligament being strained rather than torn, and those reports were downplaying the severity of the thumb injury. Surgery doesn't seem guaranteed at this point. But the Pats are going to monitor it these coming days.

@Ross12 Can you or another mod update the thread title?
Done.

I watched the post game locker room video of the Patriots. You can clearly see Brissett shaking and slapping hands with other players, grabbing the ball from BB, and showing no signs of pain at all. To me, it doesn't look like a guy who's in pain or needs surgery.

Video here: Patriots locker room celebration following the win over Texans

This is what gets confusing with all the medical buzzwords. A muscle is strained, a ligament is sprained. And sprained means torn. I assume what they're talking about is the degree of the ligament tear.

This is what gets confusing with all the medical buzzwords. A muscle is strained, a ligament is sprained. And sprained means torn. I assume what they're talking about is the degree of the ligament tear.

Well this should shed some light on it......
Brissett will Definitely have surgery on his bruised,strained, sprain,torn thumb, Maybe.

AC sprains are tricky- while it's an issue of pain management, there's also accuracy and the stress from the high torque caused by the super quick release that Garo has, so it might be a recurring issue throughout the season.

My guess is that they stay with 3 QB's the entire season, and that one or more of the following: Harbor, Foster (placeholder for Lewis), McClellan (underwhelming so far), and/or Rowe, are going to suffer a sudden and mysterious injury and head off to IR.

AC sprains are tricky- while it's an issue of pain management, there's also accuracy and the stress from the high torque caused by the super quick release that Garo has, so it might be a recurring issue throughout the season.

My guess is that they stay with 3 QB's the entire season, and that one or more of the following: Harbor, Foster (placeholder for Lewis), McClellan (underwhelming so far), and/or Rowe, are going to suffer a sudden and mysterious injury and head off to IR.
It is Foxboro Flu season....

I watched the post game locker room video of the Patriots. You can clearly see Brissett shaking and slapping hands with other players, grabbing the ball from BB, and showing no signs of pain at all. To me, it doesn't look like a guy who's in pain or needs surgery.

Video here: Patriots locker room celebration following the win over Texans

Good work. I watched that 4-5 times and didn't notice. He was slapping hands and giving multiple grip handshakes.

Word is, he simply grew a new thumb and shed the old one. Belichick lab working overtime this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes