PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jacksonville no sure thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cclocke

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I've been hearing from the media that the patriots and jaguars are destined to meet in the first round. An article in the Globe today shows that all Jax has to do is win 1 of their remaining 2 games and they lock up the #5 seed. A closer look shows that if SD wins their last 2 and jacksonville splits their last 2 (after the SF game, those games are not gimmies), SD would receive the #5 and the jaguars #6. I hope this does not happen and we play the jaguars but it is no sure thing like the media says. by the way, pitt winning out and being tied would not affect the seeding. If jacksonville, san diego, and pittsburgh wind up 11-5, san diego would be the #5 and jacksonville would be the #6, based on conference records. From my knowledge, the pitt win over san diego would not affect the seedings because of the 3-way tie breaker, not 2.

The above information is based on my research done in about 2 minutes. please respond if you disagree with it.

I am sure playing SD in the wildcard round will not be a problem for the Pats. SD has a habit of wilting when the pressure gets to them. It seems Brees was being very charitable against the Colts. I doubt he will be able to withstand a sackful of linebackers coming his way.

Since their win at the start of the year, somethings have changed.
1. Pats are healthy again
2. LT looks bruised up.
3. There's going to be a chill in the air come playoff time and SD is going to have to adjust to that.
4. I recall the Pats not taking kindly to SD making excuses for them after the loss. I am sure they will relish the chance to beat them

I realize that Jax isn't the offensive juggernaut of SD, but I can't see them losing in Houston or at home against Titans. SD on the other hand has KC away and Denver at home.

But then again, this is the NFL and that's why they play the games.

Personnally, I would like to see the following scenario.

SD then Indy, then Denver then Carolina. Revenge for losses in the regular season....

It's a long shot, but it might be the Chiefs as well right? Would we prefer to face KC over Jax or SD?

for us to play kc, jax would have to lose out and pitt and sd would both have to lose a game. KC would also need ot have a tiebreaker over these teams. I dont feel like going through the tiebreakers again. I would all but cancel out a kc matchup.

I think a jacksonville round 1 game is our best bet, they had some nice wins early in the season but since then have been playing mediocre teams including a 1 point win vs SF yesterday. I do wonder what the status of Leftwich will be heading into the playoffs, that could give them a boost if he is healthy

As bad as they were yesterday, Jacksonville is still very likely. But, you're right, if they can only beat SF by 1 at home then it's no sure thing.

I think they goofed on the #5 seed, but one win would give them the five seed over the Steelers because of the head to head. Then SD and KC still have to play each other which means barring a tie that either KC or SD would have to lose and that would make it impossible for JAX to get knocked out of the playoffs if they win 1 of their last 2.

1 JAX win and a SD loss would assure them of the 5th seed. Given the fact that SD still has to play both KC and Denver it is not unlikely that they will lose one of those games. 2 JAX wins assures them of the 5th seed as well. If SD wins out and Denver loses their last two SD would win the west. It will be an interesting two weeks!

Actually the two wild card are probably going to be Jax or Pitt. All they have to do is win out against weak teams, while the west teams slug it out againts each other.

So, we should play Jax and Cincy or Den will get Pitt.

No one should take any playoff team lightly. Jax has a very good team. I don't know if Leftwhich is due back for the playoff or not.

Pat the Pats Fan said:
I realize that Jax isn't the offensive juggernaut of SD, but I can't see them losing in Houston or at home against Titans. SD on the other hand has KC away and Denver at home.

But then again, this is the NFL and that's why they play the games.

Personnally, I would like to see the following scenario.

SD then Indy, then Denver then Carolina. Revenge for losses in the regular season....

How bout this scenario:

Lose to Jacksonville - Golf
Beat Jacksonville, get blown out in Indy - Golf.

Actually, this years AFC playoffs are going to be interesting. The Bolts, one of the best teams in the NFL, won't even make the post season. I even see a situation in which the Pats host the Steelers for the AFC championship!

In my dream, I see the Pats beating the Colts, winning the AFC championship against the steelers and then beating the Manning led Giants in the Super Bowl. Its only a dream...right?

Tony Collins said:
How bout this scenario:

How about his scenario. Go away from this board and go play golf, or whatever you're playing with right now.

PATSNUTme said:
How about his scenario. Go away from this board and go play golf, or whatever you're playing with right now.

Let me think about it....................................................................

No

Tony Collins said:
How bout this scenario:

Hey, why don't you get the hell out of here,

TROLL.

Grow up. It's sad you have to troll around on here just to keep up your self-esteem.

Tony Collins said:
Let me think about it....................................................................

No

Ian, can we ban this jackass already?

pats1 said:
Ian, can we ban this jackass already?

He is annoying but I don't know if he reached the banning level. Unless being a punka$$ troll with nothing of any value to offer qualifies. That would be up to Ian.

PATSNUTme said:
He is annoying but I don't know if he reached the banning level. Unless being a punka$$ troll with nothing of any value to offer qualifies. That would be up to Ian.

Oh, I think he has. When every post is incredibly annoying and doesn't bring one ounce of material to dicussions, but rather drags them down, I think he should be banned.

Tony Collins said:

No

No what? You not going to stop playing with what you are playing with? You could go blind!

Tony Collins said:
How bout this scenario:

How about this scenario:

Rest those delicate little ponies at an unlucky 13-1 and let 'em rust for the next three weeks.

Choke in the DOME against a QB who is undefeated in the playoffs and in domes - Golf and lots of Peyton faces.

Squeek by a 6th seed who beat the 3 seed, only to get blown out in your DOME by a team that consistently wins the hats and T-shirts games - Golf and lots more Peyton faces, Dungy dispair and a full blown Polian meltdown.

Tony Collins said:
How bout this scenario:

It's a cry for help people. Tony knows in his heart that all these wins and finally getting top seed will all be for naught. He knows what's about to happen, because he's seen it all too many times before, and he's in pain. Include him in your prayers as he enters this painful - and familiar - period in his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes