Not open for further replies.

mikey

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Jacksonville or Pittsburgh?

Forget about Indy and Denver.

We have to focus on the first game.

Last edited:
I don't really care. They'll have to face good teams anyway to get to a SB, so I don't think it makes a big difference.

mikey said:
We can actually look ahead as fans. But if you are asking who I would prefer to play in Rd. 1... Jacksonville.

i don't care.

i do not see any difference.

Jax or Pit: we are ready !

in our house...

I know the Steelers are the hot team, but Jacksonville may be tougher...quietly coming in with not as much respect around the league...a sleeper...so I don't think it matters..I DO think it better if Pitts plays Cinci and Indy as they will create a bit more havoc in the playoffs... BUT all said and done..Pitts / Jax?? The Patriots have a tough game!!

italianpatthepatriot said:
i don't care.

i do not see any difference.

Jax or Pit: we are ready !

in our house...

Here are reasons why it matters:

(1) Pit is a very physical team. Even if we beat them, it will take an emotional and physical toll on our team. In contrast, I see us easily beating Jax and stay fresh for the second round.

(2) If we play Jax, then Cincy plays Pit. There is a very strong likelihodd Pit will beat Cincy. Which means we play Denver in round 2 while Pit plays Indy. I can again see a strong likelihood Pit beat Indy. Which means we HOST Pit in the AFC finals. So we end up NOT playing Indy anyway and get to host Pit in the AFC Finals (which is better than meeting them in the first round).

Well, you have the cities listed. Don't forget our first round games are at home.

I could have sworn Ron Borges wrote this article yesterday. He was big on how "physical" the Steelers are and what a toll it will take on the Pats. As if the other teams are wearing bubble wrap and playing two-hand touch.

Yeah, the Steelers have looked pretty f**king tough in the playoffs against the Patriots, haven't they? It was their "physical" play that took the life out of the Patriots in the '01 and '04 playoffs, which of course was responsible for the Patriots being unable to win either of those Super Bowls. Sound theory.

When somebody writes an article about how the Steelers are the dumbest and most unprepared f**king team in the league when it comes to playing in the playoffs, and how the Patriots ought to be PRAYING they draw them as soon as poosible, wake me up.

I don't care much. Jacksonville seems to have injury questions, but generally, I'd rather play the Devil I know rather than the Devil I don't. We've proven time and again we can beat Pittsburgh.

IT doesnt matter at all.
After winning 3 of 4 SBs, this post season will be judge success if we win the SB and failure if we do not.
We need to win 4 games. Either of these opponents will be the weakest of the 4.
If we need to worry about the first round being easier, we are doomed.

Truth is if we play either one of those teams and lose, we were never going to win the SB. Im wont be excited about how far we go, only whether or not we win it all.

mikey said:
Jacksonville or Pittsburgh?

Forget about Indy and Denver.

We win.

10 characters

mikey said:
.... (2) If we play Jax, then Cincy plays Pit. There is a very strong likelihodd Pit will beat Cincy. Which means we play Denver in round 2 while Pit plays Indy. I can again see a strong likelihood Pit beat Indy. Which means we HOST Pit in the AFC finals. So we end up NOT playing Indy anyway and get to host Pit in the AFC Finals (which is better than meeting them in the first round).

This scenario is the only reason why i give a hoot. Go Bengals ... beat Chiefs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back