PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jackson's injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remix 6

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Patriots second-round pick Chad Jackson, a wide receiver from Florida who is trying to break UF's run of inconsistent players at that position, isn't off to a good start because of a hamstring injury.

Jackson was hurt in June when the Patriots did a surprise 40-yard dash test where all the players were timed. Jackson told friends that he wasn't training for the 40 and didn't warm up properly before running and getting hurt. Jackson re-injured the hamstring during the first two days of training camp.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-observations081206&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

sounds a little wrong..because from June its been a long time and reinjured in first 2 days of camp..he was on PUP then..

Last edited:
If true this is very depressing. There's no reason this guy should run a 40 again anyway. I think everyone on earth knows he's fast. Isn't our mantra "we don't care how he looks in shorts"? To think he's missing camp over a freakin' 40 time makes me want to kick my dog.

PonyExpress said:
If true this is very depressing. There's no reason this guy should run a 40 again anyway. I think everyone on earth knows he's fast. Isn't our mantra "we don't care how he looks in shorts"? To think he's missing camp over a freakin' 40 time makes me want to kick my dog.
Weak. He's a WR. He's supposed to be able to run fast. They do wind sprints longer than 40 yards.

Last edited by a moderator:
spacecrime said:
Weak. He's a WR. He's supposed to be able to run fast. They do wind sprints longer than 40 yards.

I gotta disagree. Any athlete can get hurt. Especially if they aren't properly warmed up.

If you've ever pulled a hammy yourself you would know how it feels. But it should take less than 2 weeks to recover from. So I expect Chad Jackson back in action soon.

VJCPatriot said:
I gotta disagree. Any athlete can get hurt. Especially if they aren't properly warmed up.

If you've ever pulled a hammy yourself you would know how it feels. But it should take less than 2 weeks to recover from. So I expect Chad Jackson back in action soon.

I really hope so. The current receiver situation is chaos.

Well however it happened let's hope he's back tomorrow. And that he's been attentive in the classroom sessions so that he's not as behind as he would have been had he been holding out. "All" he's missed should be the actual practice time not all the other learning activities of training camp.

Let's hope he's not P.K. Sam II. Poor P.K. couldn't stay healthy, to practice even, forget about getting into actual games. To be honest, I'm getting tired worrying about when Jackson returns, I'm going to follow BB's credo, ya can't worry about guys that aren't there. If he's there, great, but we need to get the other guys up to speed. I'm kinda intrigued by Keron Henry (good size, former QB), Bam Childress & Kelvin Kight. Henry & Kight have good size, and Kight is another member of the Gators-Patriots connection. Henry is a local guy (college wise, went to HS in NYC I believe). Also need to see what this Berlin guy can do, Erik Davis made a nice catch. Maybe one of these guys will step up. Troy Brown suited up at least, he may be close to playing. I think Caldwell will be ok, maybe he was nervous.

VJCPatriot said:

Disagree with what? Did you read my post? Where did I say that athletes don't get hurt, or how much it hurts, or how long it takes to heal, or whether Chad would be back in action or not?

Someone said Jackson had no business running a 40, and I said that WRs are supposed to run fast. And you disagree because hammy's take two weeks to heal?

Is this some kind of test?

You guys don't understand how eager I am to see my boy Chad Jackson play. On draft day, I was smiling and laughing that we snatched not only my boy Maroney but Chad Jackson as well. I can't wait for him to step on the field and develop some chemistry with our boy Tom Brady, it's going to be amazing to watch. Don't worry fellow tightness fans, Jackson is going to be the next great reciever in the NFL. He will not Bethel, he will not be Tony Simmons, he will only be pure tightness on the field.

VJCPatriot said:

Yeah but this isn't track and field, this is football. If you can't run a 40 without getting injured then you sure as hell can't take a hit from someone like, say, Rodney Harrison.

Seymour93 said:
Yeah but this isn't track and field, this is football. If you can't run a 40 without getting injured then you sure as hell can't take a hit from someone like, say, Rodney Harrison.

One has nothing to do with the other.

Hamstrings and quads can be quite debilitating. I always think it's a bad idea to have players run hard like that early in camp. Their muscles aren't ready for that strain. Unfortunate.

This could hamper him all year.

THEARCHIVES said:
You guys don't understand how eager I am to see my boy Chad Jackson play. On draft day, I was smiling and laughing that we snatched not only my boy Maroney but Chad Jackson as well. I can't wait for him to step on the field and develop some chemistry with our boy Tom Brady, it's going to be amazing to watch. Don't worry fellow tightness fans, Jackson is going to be the next great reciever in the NFL. He will not Bethel, he will not be Tony Simmons, he will only be pure tightness on the field.

Based on what? That you like to use the word "tight" in a sentence for no reason?

THEARCHIVES said:

I am also extremely eager to see Jackson. I think he's going to be a SUPERSTAR!
Also, Maroney is a legit future #1 RB.

Actually, I like our entire draft, every single player taken. I think this will be one of the best drafts of the Patriots dynasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes