PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jackson stinkin up the joint at todays practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsgo

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
according to patriots weekly blog, more drop passes , poor route running, and bad special teams play, looks like a true bust unfortunately

And that's why it was posted in the Chad Jackson thread. :rolleyes:

according to patriots weekly blog, more drop passes , poor route running, and bad special teams play, looks like a true bust unfortunately

But he got separation from Hobbs. He's improving.

You are misrepresenting what Andy Hart reported.

He said that he has fallen behind Faulk and Welker on punt return reps today. That doesn't mean bad special teams play. It means that Welker and Faulk are more likely to return punts than Jackson. Since that was a given before camp started, I don't know how that says he was poor special teams play. Welker was our primary punt returner going into camp and it was doubtful that was going to change. The only reason Jackson was the first taking punt returns early in camp was probably because Belichick didn't want to risk injury and/or burn out for Welker and Faulk by making them do punt returns all training camp.

EDIT: I missed the part about the gunner. But has Jackson ever played gunner before? Maybe he has, but I can't remember him doing it.

Where did Hart say Jackson ran poor routes either. The only thing he said was that Jackson had the jump on Hobbs, but couldn't pull in the pass. Also that Shoates broke up a pass to him.

I agree that he appears to have had a bad practice, but let's not go overboard and create things that weren't reported.

Last edited:
And that bum Tom Brady threw zero touchdowns in the game against the JEST at Gillette last year. I guess we should cut him, too. :rolleyes:

i think its also a lack of confidence and the added pressure not only be everyone else but by himself where he kept saying last two seasons that they he can show what he can do etc and with his agent propping up saying chad is ready. Of course our media personnel have gone out of the way to take notice so it isnt easy.

It really sucks to be Chad right now. Every little thing that he messes up is magnified 10000x. I think the reporters are doing a pretty subpar job of being unbiased here. I find it very very dishonest reporting to say "He was passed by Welker and Faulk for returns." Oh really? Welker and Faulk were the top two guys last year. Welker is just getting back to full strength after starting on PUP and is just taking his regular job back. Pretty poor reporting, IMO, to make it seem like Chad lost the job; the incumbents just took back the jobs that are rightfully theirs. It's really not fair to look for every little flaw in this kid the way they are.

it must suck being another receiver trying to make this team, seeing jackson suck, and worrying that the Pats will cut them and keep him for another year based on some of the same excuses that we read on this board.

Last edited:
But he got separation from Hobbs. He's improving.

You are misrepresenting what Andy Hart reported.

He said that he has fallen behind Faulk and Welker on punt return reps today. That doesn't mean bad special teams play. It means that Welker and Faulk are more likely to return punts than Jackson. Since that was a given before camp started, I don't know how that says he was poor special teams play. Welker was our primary punt returner going into camp and it was doubtful that was going to change. The only reason Jackson was the first taking punt returns early in camp was probably because Belichick didn't want to risk injury and/or burn out for Welker and Faulk by making them do punt returns all training camp.

EDIT: I missed the part about the gunner. But has Jackson ever played gunner before? Maybe he has, but I can't remember him doing it.

Where did Hart say Jackson ran poor routes either. The only thing he said was that Jackson had the jump on Hobbs, but couldn't pull in the pass. Also that Shoates broke up a pass to him.

I agree that he appears to have had a bad practice, but let's not go overboard and create things that weren't reported.
i think you would try to put a spin on a skunk not smelling bad

You put the spin on in the first place, and you accuse someone else? Pot/kettle

That first question to CJ about BJ will be interesting to hear

It really sucks to be Chad right now. Every little thing that he messes up is magnified 10000x. I think the reporters are doing a pretty subpar job of being unbiased here. I find it very very dishonest reporting to say "He was passed by Welker and Faulk for returns." Oh really? Welker and Faulk were the top two guys last year. Welker is just getting back to full strength after starting on PUP and is just taking his regular job back. Pretty poor reporting, IMO, to make it seem like Chad lost the job; the incumbents just took back the jobs that are rightfully theirs. It's really not fair to look for every little flaw in this kid the way they are.

I agree, but in fairness to the reporters, they do that with every player who they feel is not playing up to par. Last year, Kelly Washington got this treatment especially from Andy Hart. Cassel has been getting this year too.

When you are a player not living up to expectations, writers focus more on you and many of the mistakes you make that are similiar to others do get magnified. Not sure if true in this case, but it seems like it.

It is part of the game. If Jackson is actually screwing up and it is because he is feeling the scrutiny of the media, then maybe he will end up being a bust. There is no excuse to bow to the pressure of the media by a player or fall apart because he is screwing up. I want to hear from other reporters before I know for sure it is true or Hart's biases (which he has had with other players). Even so, he still gets time in my book, but the clock is starting to run out of sand if he is actually declining based on the pressure.

Last edited:

Spinning would be saying he is running wrong routes when no one who actually attended practice said that. The title of this thread is "Jackson is stinking up the joint in practice" and you are accusing me of spin. I guess I am just respinning your spin.

Last edited:
I agree, but in fairness to the reporters, they do that with every player who they feel is not playing up to par. Last year, Kelly Washington got this treatment especially from Andy Hart. Cassel has been getting this year too.

When you are a player not living up to expectations, writers focus more on you and many of the mistakes you make that are similiar to others do get magnified. Not sure if true in this case, but it seems like it.

It is part of the game. If Jackson is actually screwing up and it is because he is feeling the scrutiny of the media, then maybe he will end up being a bust. There is no excuse to bow to the pressure of the media by a player or fall apart because he is screwing up. I want to hear from other reporters before I know for sure it is true or Hart's biases (which he has had with other players). Even so, he still gets time in my book, but the clock is starting to run out of sand.

I agree with you. However, it is naive for any of us to think that, living in the highest pressure sports region, the outside factors don't play a large factor. Attention SHOULD be a nonfactor, but keep in mind these guys are human and pressure does get to them. No one is doing Chad any favors by putting this ridiculous pressure and attention on him.

Not trying to spin it at all. Spinning would be saying he is running wrong routes when no one who actually attended practice said that.
i believe not being able to finish a route with a burst constitutes bad route running, im sorry if you dont understand or have never played the game

i believe not being able to finish a route with a burst constitutes bad route running, im sorry if you dont understand or have never played the game
You don't get what 'spin' is, do you?

I do agree that if a receiver actually is in position to get his hands on the ball that it is horrible route running. Being able to be in position to catch a pass and have a step on the defender is not the type of route running we are looking for. We only accept players being 5-10 yards out of position and completely covered.

I'm sorry, but it went through the guy's hands. He didn't have "the burst to haul it in". That is bad hands, but not poor route running. If it hits the receiver in the hands, you cannot blame poor route running no matter how much that is the Jackson haters binkie. if you want to say Jackson had bad hands today, that might be acceptable although we are only talking about one play again.

Here is what Hart wrote:

One play just stood out. Chad Jackson wide left lined up against Ellis Hobbs. Tom Brady looks that way for the Go. Jackson ran by Hobbs and got a step. Good throw from Brady but the ball goes off/throw Jackson’s hands. No burst to haul it in. Incomplete. The struggles continue for the former second-round pick.

Last edited:

We all believe in things that aren't true. I believe cucumbers make good sandwich fillings for example.

Well said. There's an awful lot of glee being taken (if glee can be taken) about Jackson's struggles. I don't quite understand it to be honest.

Jackson...Cassell...people need something to complain about...so..the ever evil focus of the media in these parts..

I agree with you. However, it is naive for any of us to think that, living in the highest pressure sports region, the outside factors don't play a large factor. Attention SHOULD be a nonfactor, but keep in mind these guys are human and pressure does get to them. No one is doing Chad any favors by putting this ridiculous pressure and attention on him.

I agree that it is unfair for the media to pick on certain players, but it is part of the game. I have defended the guy as much as anyone, but if he bows to media pressure he deserves to fail. Other players have been picked on in the past and overcome it. Maybe Jackson will too.

I like Andy Hart for the most part, but he does tend to pick on players he is down on. He picked on Kelly Washington all training camp last year. Washington overcame it. Hopefully, Jackson will too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes