PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jackson is going to be a good one

Status
Not open for further replies.

friggs

Rookie
Reaction score
I know it's only been one half, but I think Jackson is going to be a darn good receiver for the Pats.

He really redeemed himself on the TD grab - loved the little fist pump right after - he's a smooth one :)

His first catch of the game with, what was it 3 defensive players draped over him, was pretty remarkable.

Well, at least his first snaps on camera were good. We can only hope for better things from here on out.

He did look good. He wasn't in there much in the 2nd half, I'm sure we'll see more and more of him over the season. His drop in the first half wasn't a great throw by Brady - Brady underthrew a lot of balls today. He's not looking him normal self so far, but we've played 2 weeks with sub-par Brady and won, so that just shows you how dangerous we'll be once the passing game starts really clicking, which I'm guessing will happen next week.

Canada's #1 Pats Fan said:
His first catch of the game with, what was it 3 defensive players draped over him, was pretty remarkable.
Only one defender my Northern brother, it was a nice catch because Brady put the ball inside and he had to go over the defender to reach the ball. Not bad, that drop sucked on the deep ball, break out the wet noodles.

BradyManny2344 said:
He did look good. He wasn't in there much in the 2nd half, I'm sure we'll see more and more of him over the season. His drop in the first half wasn't a great throw by Brady - Brady underthrew a lot of balls today. He's not looking him normal self so far, but we've played 2 weeks with sub-par Brady and won, so that just shows you how dangerous we'll be once the passing game starts really clicking, which I'm guessing will happen next week.

Wow, I thought that was a great throw by Brady. Perfect.

his first catch showed me that he will be a great nfl wr

he has all the intangibles
to me, i just wanted to see if he had that CONCENTRATION
and thats exactly what he showed on that first catch

The first catch was very good. Fighting for the ball and snatching away from a defender is often the quality that separates a good receiver from the average. The drop wasn't good.

But, it's still early. He's big and fast and has extremely strong hands. Let's see him run a few routes and get consistently open ... we won't know if he can do that for quite a while ... he's a rookie WR; we'll see some good and some bad, I'm sure.

The good thing here is that both Gabriel and Jackson are getting behind the defenders. Once they get on the same page a Brady this could be really good.

Man, you guys are definately half-full types. I missed his first catch but caught the miss. That was bad and didn't give me a good first impression. Bad throw by Brady? It was perfect and would have gone for a long touchdown. I was relieved that Brady went right back to him for the td pass and he came through.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Only one defender my Northern brother, it was a nice catch because Brady put the ball inside and he had to go over the defender to reach the ball. Not bad, that drop sucked on the deep ball, break out the wet noodles.
That throw was on the money but it was actually an INT until Jackson ripped it out of the corner's arms. That's what impressed me the most.

i agree.
i feel that he will be a good WR for us.
nice his first reception and compliemnts for his first td in the NFL

and, sorry for OT, this evening i'm happy too for Terry Glenn

Is it just me or does Jackson kind of look like Anquan Boldin on the field?

I can definitely say that I'm excited about the possibility of seeing more of Jackson in the future.

One thing that I DIDN'T like about Jackson was his hairdo. That was the definition of "not tight".

brady et al fan said:
Man, you guys are definately half-full types. I missed his first catch but caught the miss. That was bad and didn't give me a good first impression. Bad throw by Brady? It was perfect and would have gone for a long touchdown. I was relieved that Brady went right back to him for the td pass and he came through.
RED SOX FAN! RED SOX FAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back