PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jackson Has Torn Acl Per Reiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yes, he had the operation - 4 days after the injury.
Normally a torn ACL isn't operated on until about a month later so the swelling can go down. Hopefully that's an indication it wasn't a torn ACL. Hopefully.

Normally a torn ACL isn't operated on until about a month later so the swelling can go down. Hopefully that's an indication it wasn't a torn ACL. Hopefully.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Perhaps it was only a partial tear - would that make a difference in when they could operate?

Like I said in another thread, at the very least, it moves the rehab time-table up a month.

Last edited:
Yeah, I noticed that as well. Perhaps it was only a partial tear - would that make a difference in when they could operate?

Like I said in another thread, at the very least, it moves the rehab time-table up a month.
(Veteran of two ACL tears says), I suspect it could. The surgeons want to wait for swelling to go down and I would think that the amount of swelling would be a function of the severity of the injury. If its a partial tear it would be logical that there would be less swelling.

(Veteran of two ACL tears says), I suspect it could. The surgeons want to wait for swelling to go down and I would think that the amount of swelling would be a function of the severity of the injury. If its a partial tear it would be logical that there would be less swelling.

Good info, good point, let's hope this is the case...knowing the Pats, I'm guessing it's a while before we'll know for sure...

Last edited:
Yup, I'd say it's a safe bet to say that "working out with the team" = rehabbing.

And yes, he had the operation - 4 days after the injury.

Link?

I mean where the hell did you get this info and how did it stay secret so long?

If you know.

Link?

If you know.

I saw it in the boston herald sunday edition

Link?

If you know.

Yup, the Herald, Tomase in an article the other day...

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=184702

"But Jackson tore his ACL against the Colts in the AFC Championship Game, leaving his status for next season very much in question. He underwent surgery four days after his injury and is spending the winter in New England rehabbing."

This, to me, is encouraging on three accounts..the following is mostly speculation and ramblings, but...First, the obvious - that the fact that he had surgery so soon after the injury simply moves the timetable for rehab up. Second, the fact that he had this surgery less than a week after the injury - when normally you have to wait a month - might indicate something about the severity of the injury. Third, the fact that they did have this surgery so soon seems to suggest at the very least that they believe they can get him back in time to be a contributor in 07. If the timetable was him being out a full 12 months like Walker was, then I don't see why they'd bother having surgery so soon when the normal timetable is to wait at least a month after injury.

Again, a lot of that is total speculation...

Last edited:
Yup, the Herald, Tomase in an article the other day...

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=184702

"But Jackson tore his ACL against the Colts in the AFC Championship Game, leaving his status for next season very much in question. He underwent surgery four days after his injury and is spending the winter in New England rehabbing."

This, to me, is encouraging on three accounts..the following is mostly speculation and ramblings, but...First, the obvious - that the fact that he had surgery so soon after the injury simply moves the timetable for rehab up. Second, the fact that he had this surgery less than a week after the injury - when normally you have to wait a month - might indicate something about the severity of the injury. Third, the fact that they did have this surgery so soon seems to suggest at the very least that they believe they can get him back in time to be a contributor in 07. If the timetable was him being out a full 12 months like Walker was, then I don't see why they'd bother having surgery so soon when the normal timetable is to wait at least a month after injury.

Again, a lot of that is total speculation...

and spending his time in New England..unlike whats his face the LB we drafted few years ago from UNLV or wherever. *Claridge

Last edited:
and spending his time in New England..unlike whats his face the LB we drafted few years ago from UNLV or wherever. *Claridge

What a strange story. Gotta give you credit, Remix, you really got the ball rolling and reporters scrambling with your innocent little draft site question.:D

What a strange story. Gotta give you credit, Remix, you really got the ball rolling and reporters scrambling with your innocent little draft site question.:D

:) this is why im hot.

By the way, Jackson haters, it shows a little dedication for a Florida guy to rehab in New England for the winter.

I know it's what he's supposed to do, but all I've heard in interviews is "I'll do whatever it takes to backup, help out etc."

I think he's been a victim of a year when the team needed to develop two starting receivers and he was an injured rookie while they had 2 healthy vets who needed reps.

Last edited:
By the way, Jackson haters, it shows a little dedication for a Florida guy to rehab in New England for the winter.

I know it's what he's supposed to do, but all I've heard in interviews is "I'll do whatever it takes to backup, help out etc."

I think he's been a victim of a year when the team needed to develop two starting receiver and he was an injured rookie while they had 2 healthy vets who needed reps.

im still standing as a huge supporter. i get very annoyed when they say he sucks..i mean is it his performance that hasnt gotten him started? No..it was more mental/playbook part of the NFL that got to him.

I still have high hopes for him... he is definitely physically gifted and it sounds like he has a good attitude as well. He has had horrible luck with injuries so far. I just hope he doesn't turn into the wide receiver version of Adrian Klemm ...

maybe its a generational thing, but too many people are real quick to pull the plug on relatively very young players. Troy Brown had 2 catches in his first 2 years. That's right, the guy with the most catches in Patriot HISTORY, had only 2 catches for his ENTIRE first 2 years. Compared to that, even if Jackson misses this entire season, he'd be light years ahead of Troy when he enters his 3rd season in 2008

I think Jackson will have just turned 23 when the 2008 season starts. That is still very young. His talent was evident. His commitment to doing the right thing seems to be strong. Expectations will thankfully be much lower. I think he will be the best feel good story for the 2008 Pats offense.

maybe its a generational thing, but too many people are real quick to pull the plug on relatively very young players. Troy Brown had 2 catches in his first 2 years. That's right, the guy with the most catches in Patriot HISTORY, had only 2 catches for his ENTIRE first 2 years. Compared to that, even if Jackson misses this entire season, he'd be light years ahead of Troy when he enters his 3rd season in 2008

I think Jackson will have just turned 23 when the 2008 season starts. That is still very young. His talent was evident. His commitment to doing the right thing seems to be strong. Expectations will thankfully be much lower. I think he will be the best feel good story for the 2008 Pats offense.
I don't know if it's generational - Troy Brown was an eighth round pick. People naturally have higher expectations of day one picks - Hart Lee Dykes come to mind, and he was drafted way back when... Also, free agency and the CBA, which limits most rookie contracts to four years (only first round contracts may be five or six years) makes it more important that a draft pick produce earlier.If you draft a guy (like Marquise Hill, for instance) and he sits around developing for four years, did you really get value from your pick even if he turns into the second coming of Reggie White in his final contract year?

Just another Florida receiver. Unbelievable.
You are seriously one big jackass. The kid is only going to be 22 and he gets a pretty serious injury and you use it to take a shot at him. It isnt his fault. I mean is it Rodney's fault for his ACL catastrophe in Pittsburgh in 2005?

If Chad is spending his time up here in New England rehabbing to me that is pretty encouraging to hear because...

A. It shows he still may be able to get back sometime in the 2007 season.

B. He is determined to work hard to get himself back into a position that he may be able to play next season and that he wants to help the team and prove himself of being worthy of a second round draft pick.

Personally I never found his attitude annoying unlike some who over reacted to him doing a really pathetic dance after a long TD catch or doing something fooolish at some banquet. He seems like a good kid so I am more than willing to give him a chance to prove himself. He is 21 and a hell of a lot of players so young dont have break out rookie seasons and some great players had lousy rookie seasons also.

The Florida reciever stuff means nothing to me anymore. Despite two bad drops in the AFCCG Caldwell had some 30-40 more catches this year than in any of his previous years and Gaffney was terrific in the postseason. I expect them to remain two of our top recievers next year.

im still standing as a huge supporter. i get very annoyed when they say he sucks..i mean is it his performance that hasnt gotten him started? No..it was more mental/playbook part of the NFL that got to him.
But then again he was only 21 last season, so its not like I'd automatically expect him to be a wiz-kid so early.

You are seriously one big jackass. The kid is only going to be 22 and he gets a pretty serious injury and you use it to take a shot at him. It isnt his fault. I mean is it Rodney's fault for his ACL catastrophe in Pittsburgh in 2005?

If Chad is spending his time up here in New England rehabbing to me that is pretty encouraging to hear because...

A. It shows he still may be able to get back sometime in the 2007 season.

B. He is determined to work hard to get himself back into a position that he may be able to play next season and that he wants to help the team and prove himself of being worthy of a second round draft pick.

Personally I never found his attitude annoying unlike some who over reacted to him doing a really pathetic dance after a long TD catch or doing something fooolish at some banquet. He seems like a good kid so I am more than willing to give him a chance to prove himself. He is 21 and a hell of a lot of players so young dont have break out rookie seasons and some great players had lousy rookie seasons also.

The Florida reciever stuff means nothing to me anymore. Despite two bad drops in the AFCCG Caldwell had some 30-40 more catches this year than in any of his previous years and Gaffney was terrific in the postseason. I expect them to remain two of our top recievers next year.

I agree with everything you say hear, but that Buffalo TD dance was tight. Nothing pathetic about it. CJ did an ESPN online-chat in college where they asked him about what TD dance he wanted to do, he said he wants to do one where he pretends to put on a chef's hat and flip burgers. Let me be TheArchives for a moment and just declare that that is TIGHT. And for all you fuddy duddies that get upset by TD dance talk, let's remember the target audience of this chat was 20 year old college kids.

Anyway, bottom line, CJ has shown nothing to show that he has anything but a good attitude. He's done everything the Pats have asked. CJ haters cite things like his dances or his general tightness, but let's face it, Deion was the c*ckiest-MFer on the field (see: AFCCG v. Pittsburgh), and frankly, that attitude pays off as a wideout. There wasn't one word about CJ having any kind of attitude or maturity issues until Tom Casale started being a d-bag. Going into the draft, you'd hear that he had talent WITHOUT the ego problems that the media loves to associate with wideouts. Then AllisonLovesBrady shows up, the Boston sports media gets involved, and all of a sudden, CJ is "immature". Pires has said he's well liked in the locker room, I trust him way more.

Last edited:

I think he's been a victim of a year when the team needed to develop two starting receivers and he was an injured rookie while they had 2 healthy vets who needed reps.

I agree..........

If you draft a guy (like Marquise Hill, for instance) and he sits around developing for four years, did you really get value from your pick even if he turns into the second coming of Reggie White in his final contract year?
Marquise Hill ..... Reggie White. Please do not dishonor the memory of "The Minister of Defense".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back