PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jackson Has Torn Acl Per Reiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
So will this postpone his breakout game? -:) I don't how any other player that missed his 1st TC, had litle game experience his 1st year then tore his ACL which may put him on the PUP his 2nd year did, good or bad. I sure don't think it all helps his career. They've held onto M Hill despite doing even less so I'm sure he'll still get his shot and even his 3rd year. I have no crystal ball.

Does anyone have an idea on how this type of injury might impact his spead?

It won't by the time he is fully healed. Javon Walker blew his knee out pretty badly, and he is still fast as hell.

I really feel bad for Chad. He certainly came to the wrong city if he wanted people to believe in him. I feel like half of the people in this town want him to fail. It's always glass half empty instead of glass half full and it is completely ridiculous. I think a lot of you just want to be able to say "I doubted Pioli and BB and I was right!"
Let's look on the bright side. If it is not a terrible tear, he could be back on the practice field in six months. And hey, if he doesn't do much this year, he's got two years left on his deal, and will be fully healthy (for the first time as a Patriot) the year after next.
Try to get it through your heads (I know, not all of you are negative, but this is to the ones who are) that football is NOT a one year game, especially for the Patriots. Just because he has one off year and misses another due to injury does NOT mean he can not contribute to the team in the future.

Uh, he was a rookie. And every scouting report (not to mention his HS coach) said he would likely require patience and wouldn't contribute until his second or third year.

Give me a freakin' break.

YOU CAN MKE THAT ARGUMENT FOE EVERY 1 OR SECOND ROUND BUST THE BOTTOM LINE HE COULDNT BEAT OUT JAFFNEY OR CALDWELL WHEN SEMI HEATHY THATS SCARY

Uh, he was a rookie. And every scouting report (not to mention his HS coach) said he would likely require patience and wouldn't contribute until his second or third year.

Give me a freakin' break.

One year wasted...2nd year shot due to ACL...another year to learn to read the playbook....4th to find his cleats...

Trade up for this bag of pucks?

A classic 2nd round BUST.
Move on....

One year wasted...2nd year shot due to ACL...another year to learn to read the playbook....4th to find his cleats...

Move on....

You're a dork. Go back to the other forum.

Move on....

Go root for the Chargers or the Jesters, they might me more to your liking, EVERYONE they draft turns into a Pro Bowler... :rolleyes:

There are never "legit" WRs to draft!

We'll definitely be signing or drafting a legit WR now.

I would offer that there's no such thing as drafting a legit WR!!! Even picking in the 1st round it's a crapshoot at that position. Better to go the free agent route, while continuing to draft one WR a year in the later rounds to try to pull a Givens with.

Have we seen Chad Jackson's career before. Hmmmm...........

Oh yeah every other Florida Wr who ever got drafted high over the last 20 years. I sound like a broken record at this point. But I have stated this over and over again since draft day. You do not spend high draft choices on Florida Wrs. I was told each player is different, that Spurrier were the reasons for the Florida WR busts, and Jackson had nothing to do with any of the other WRs.

Blah, Blah, Blah Blah. I was right yet again. I predicted Jacksons career perfectly. I said day of the draft. 1st year plagued by Hammy injuries. (Florida WR have Hammies made of paper Mache), 2nd year bad knee injury 3rd year bland stat year, 4th year bland stat year, 5th year release. I clocked his career in April of last year.

I have stood pat, and have repeated this over and over again. I even wrote a long posts why Florida WR are busts and are injury prone using historic fact. And the reason for the injuries. But those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. I hated this pick from day1, this ACL injury was about as suprising as Anna Nicole's drug over dose.

Have we seen Chad Jackson's career before. Hmmmm...........

Oh yeah every other Florida Wr who ever got drafted high over the last 20 years. I sound like a broken record at this point. But I have stated this over and over again since draft day. You do not spend high draft choices on Florida Wrs. I was told each player is different, that Spurrier were the reasons for the Florida WR busts, and Jackson had nothing to do with any of the other WRs.

Blah, Blah, Blah Blah. I was right yet again. I predicted Jacksons career perfectly. I said day of the draft. 1st year plagued by Hammy injuries. (Florida WR have Hammies made of paper Mache), 2nd year bad knee injury 3rd year bland stat year, 4th year bland stat year, 5th year release. I clocked his career in April of last year.

I have stood pat, and have repeated this over and over again. I even wrote a long posts why Florida WR are busts and are injury prone using historic fact. And the reason for the injuries. But those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. I hated this pick from day1, this ACL injury was about as suprising as Anna Nicole's drug over dose.

:bricks:

How long do we have to put up with this crap?

The Patriots have 2 solid Florida receivers on their roster, Caldwell & Gaffney, both taken in the 2nd rounder. Travis Taylor isn't exactly a bust, he's good for 50-600 every year. Darrell Jackson is one of the best receivers in the league. Ike Hilliard's had a solid career.

I'll say it again, why are so many people excited that a rookie had a down year? Get a freakin life, and give the kid a chance beyond his injury plagued rookie season.

:bricks:

How long do we have to put up with this crap?

The Patriots have 2 solid Florida receivers on their roster, Caldwell & Gaffney, both taken in the 2nd rounder. Travis Taylor isn't exactly a bust, he's good for 50-600 every year. Darrell Jackson is one of the best receivers in the league. Ike Hilliard's had a solid career.

I'll say it again, why are so many people excited that a rookie had a down year? Get a freakin life, and give the kid a chance beyond his injury plagued rookie season.

Ask the teams that drafted Gaffney or Caldwell, if they thought they got value for the 2nd rd pick. If we were to pick up Chad 4 years from now on cheap money and not have wasted a 2nd rd pick on him, I would have been OK with that.

Darrel Jackson is far from one of the best WR in the NFL, he has questionable hands and in a WR friendly offense puts up OK stats, but is always among the league leaders in drops. Ask any Seattle fan if they think he is a top WR. Travis Taylor?? Ike Hilard? My god the Giants couldnt wait to get rid of him. Hilard has shown flashes, he never lived up to his draft pick, and Travis Taylor is the reason why Balt had to add Mason, and is always looking for WRs. He is definetly not living up to his draft pick.

What do all these players have in common, they were drafted too high, and the best you can say about any of them is that they are mediocre at best. The value of a 2nd rd pick is too good for just mediocre and injury prone.

Again stay away from Florida WRs in the early rds. That should be printed in big red letters on every teams draft board.

You're acting like a 2nd round pick is a guaranteed star. It's not even a guaranteed starter or a guaranteed contributor. Are you expecting that every guy drafted between 30th and 60th come in and be one of the best players in the league at his position? Gaffney, Caldwell & Taylor are all solid players. I'm sorry they didn't meet your lofty expectations, but that's your issue.

This guy is the second comming of Hart Lee Dykes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

I wish I had a freakin' crystal ball and so I have no idea how Jackson's story is going to play out. maybe you're right, but i'm reluctant to write off a guy with the raw talent that made piolichick trade up for him.

On this note, Mike Tanier at Football Outsiders had a really interesting piece on Jerry Rice in November (11/17). it recounts Jerry Rice's rookie year (and also discuss how the 49'ers remade themselves in the middle of their run of four SB wins). the piece concludes as follows:

"Rice didn’t start his career with one foot in Canton. He really had one foot on a banana peel for most of his rookie season. The next immortal, the player we’ll be writing about in 20 years, is probably battling for his job right now, dropping passes or fumbling and having personal crises on the bench. Jerry Rice remembers. And we remember."

I wish I had a freakin' crystal ball and so I have no idea how Jackson's story is going to play out. maybe you're right, but i'm reluctant to write off a guy with the raw talent that made piolichick trade up for him.

On this note, Mike Tanier at Football Outsiders had a really interesting piece on Jerry Rice in November (11/17). it recounts Jerry Rice's rookie year (and also discuss how the 49'ers remade themselves in the middle of their run of four SB wins). the piece concludes as follows:

"Rice didn’t start his career with one foot in Canton. He really had one foot on a banana peel for most of his rookie season. The next immortal, the player we’ll be writing about in 20 years, is probably battling for his job right now, dropping passes or fumbling and having personal crises on the bench. Jerry Rice remembers. And we remember."

Agreed, that's sizing it up correctly.

im dying here! im reading something

A league source told scout.com and patriotsinsider.com that New England Patriots WR Chad Jackson (knee) is currently working out seven days a week with the ...

thats all i can see... i need to be an insider

from scout.com..found it on google

7 days a week with who? doing what? ahhhhhhh

im dying here! im reading something

thats all i can see... i need to be an insider

from scout.com..found it on google

7 days a week with who? doing what? ahhhhhhh
Do you have a link ? I have some access to those sites through my sister - if you can link me I can probably tell you what it says without quoting it.

Found it. The next word after "with the" is "team". There's not much new there but the last sentence says that sources believe there's a good chance he'll be ready for training camp.

Found it. The next word after "with the" is "team". There's not much new there but the last sentence says that sources believe there's a good chance he'll be ready for training camp.

thanks man

is that all it says?..the team hasnt even started working hmm? i thought they were on vacation

Last edited:
thanks man

is that all it says?..the team hasnt even started working hmm? i thought they were on vacation
Yeah, that's all it said.

I thought the wording was a bit strange too. I assume that by working out with the team, they must mean Big T Team, aka New England Patriots Football team, coaches, trainers, etc, as opposed to Little T Team, aka New England Patriots' players.

Of course he isn't going to be working out with the players, he's rehabbing.

Anyone know if he had an operation? If he had a slight tear, it could be rest and rehab. Maybe much less time missed than the original report.

Only speculation on my part.

Of course he isn't going to be working out with the players, he's rehabbing.

Anyone know if he had an operation? If he had a slight tear, it could be rest and rehab. Maybe much less time missed than the original report.

Only speculation on my part.

Yup, I'd say it's a safe bet to say that "working out with the team" = rehabbing.

And yes, he had the operation - 4 days after the injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back