PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jackson, Cassel, Hobson survive first cutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why because we might beat the mighty Dolphins? - I bet you shut up and stop with bumping threads as soon as the team loses a game - Guaranteed

Wow. Last year "embrace the hate" meant of people who rooted for other teams. This year it is has to refer to those supposed Patriot fans who are hoping Matt fails so they can "be right" about their pre-season hatred.

Wow. Last year "embrace the hate" meant of people who rooted for other teams. This year it is has to refer to those supposed Patriot fans who are hoping Matt fails so they can "be right" about their pre-season hatred.
Nothing better to do than to being old threads back..really dumb...

Why because we might beat the mighty Dolphins? - I bet you shut up and stop with bumping threads as soon as the team loses a game - Guaranteed

My new project will be creating threads whenever one of our players or one of their kids has a birthday. Larry Izzo, you're next.

What have we here?

WTF happened to this board? It seems like someone's intent on dredging up every old Matt Cassell thread just to gloat.

It was funny for one thread, but doing it with all of them? Not cool.

Last edited:
Nothing better to do than to being old threads back..really dumb...

Holding people to their words - yea that's real dumb

The only posters that think bumping previous words is bad seems to be those people that post the most.

Now why would that be?

Last edited:
I so wish we could go back to 2000 and look at al the "WTF are the Pats thinking carrying four QBs?!?" threads.

Funny that these threads get brought out after 2 games. After seeing KC last week, anyone who was happy with the narrow victory in week one should temper their enthusiasm. Last week's win? Much more impressive. I am certainly encouraged with Cassel's play, but I am still holding judgement until we see more.

I wonder if posters on the other side of the debate will bring back these threads if Cassel struggles for a game or two.:rolleyes:

Funny that these threads get brought out after 2 games. After seeing KC last week, anyone who was happy with the narrow victory in week one should temper their enthusiasm. Last week's win? Much more impressive. I am certainly encouraged with Cassel's play, but I am still holding judgement until we see more.

I wonder if posters on the other side of the debate will bring back these threads if Cassel struggles for a game or two.:rolleyes:

No - I think most are not dumb enough or childish enough to re-thread these with a simple loss or two or at least I hope not,A few losses are expected even if Brady was the QB

Now by the end of the year if the team fails to make the playoffs then I cannot guarantee what some might do

WTF happened to this board? It seems like someone's intent on dredging up every old Matt Cassell thread just to gloat.

It was funny for one thread, but doing it with all of them? Not cool.

Let me guess...I think that maybe you'd posted that Cassel would be cut by BB and some loser vet brought in to replace him?

After all the crap that the vast majority of this board (> 70% in a poll)dumped on those who made the (correct) case that Cassel would make the 53, that Guts would be cut instead and that no vet would be signed by the start of the season, I think that dancing on the San Diego home field logo is in order.

After all the crap that the vast majority of this board (> 70% in a poll)dumped on those who made the (correct) case that Cassel would make the 53, that Guts would be cut instead and that no vet would be signed by the start of the season, I think that dancing on the San Diego home field logo is in order.
party-smiley-551.gif

I think I'll repost this from earlier in this thread::p;):p

I have struggled to defend Cassel who is "executing the Offense" given him to run, without free-lancing much. The coaches dealt him a dirty hand to play. No Offensive line, throw repeatedly to fourth, fifth and sixth receivers because we have to evaluate them. No game planning; so the opposition knows exactly what you are going to do. Then they contantly call line bucks at the weakest Oline players, to measure them and test the backs.

Cassel has gotten the $hitty end of the stick, constantly facing 2-10, 3-15, or 3-20, against the other guy's first string. On occasion, he has triumphed and gotten a good play or two together, only to have the drive wiped out with a penalty.

Yet he hasn't thrown many INTs; nor gone crazy gambling to complete passes by putting it up there like more immature
Gutz has done or the rook.

To me that shows discipline and pluck. It may cost him his job in the eyes of the fans, but Belichick is a much wiser man. Bill doesn't like the adventurism; and for KOC, he merely smiles and tolerates in the rookie, what he would condemn in either Cassel or Gutierrez, who should know better. Cassel has kept his mouth closed, and done the job assigned to him, without complaint.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back