PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jackie Mac BB article - put her on Pats beat permanently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackie MacMullen is the premier sports writer in this town. She doesn't get the credit she deserves.

That's first-rate journalism. We're lucky to have her looking at our team.

Great stuffs.

I have always enjoyed Ryan, Shaughnessy, Cafardo, and MacMullen's articles.

I agree. I mentioned yesterday that she has "IT".

I wish she would write a book about Belichik in New England. The Halberstam book was good, but the New England part was an afterthought.

Jackie Mac could write a classic and compelling tome about the BB-Kraft history.

Last edited:
You know, I want to boycott the Globe but she writes a great article.

mikey said:
Great stuffs.

I have always enjoyed Ryan, Shaughnessy, Cafardo, and MacMullen's articles.

Please don't put Jackie (or Ryan when he's in print) in the same sentance with Shank and Cafardo. Jackie represents everything a good columnist should be. Shank is the poster boy for columnists as cheap provocateurs. And Cafardo is just a gullible shmuck.

The brilliant thing about that BB piece is that there was absolutely nothing in it that we didn't know, but it was still compelling -- even inspiring.

A guy who's trying really, really hard is Jerome Solomon. He knows he has gold to work with in the story of Ben Watson's teddy bear today, but he can't quite pull it off. The opening where he tries to set it up just leaves you baffled:

"Clarice Starling had the screaming lambs; Benjamin Watson the growling bear.

He says it is about doing his best; being the best he can be."

Huh?

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...2006/01/14/watson_proving_to_be_a_real_catch/

Another gem from Jackie!!! For anyone who is interested in sending her an email:
[email protected].

She is the best pure writer in town!

wow

great article on billy ! :D Jackie Mac did a great article on Vrable yesterday, as well as a great apperance on "around the horn"! She is always a good read---now if we could just get her to leave the globe!

Just read it. She is a good writer. I'm sure that she can blast the team when it needs it. I don't mind it if it's honest and not driven by an agenda or ego.

Last edited:
She's the only good local writer with strong opinions and NO hidden agenda. The rest of the clowns at the Globe are either outright embarrassments (Shank) or blowhards who think they're better / smarter than everyone else (Ryan). I do like Jerome Solomon though.

Basically, there is no other writer in this town that's anywhere near the same league as Jackie MacMullen.

Fanfrom1960 said:
I Nice comparison, Staubach to Brady.

Nice to read that Belichick is starting to compare Brady to a player with higher profile and more accomplishments.

The last time someone asks Belichick to compare Brady with another player, Belichick brought up Bernie Kosar. Now Kosar is a nice player, but the comparison is hardly appropriate. I am still waiting for the day Belichick will finally compare Brady to guy Brady grew up idolizing.

mikey said:
Nice to read that Belichick is starting to compare Brady to a player with higher profile and more accomplishments.

The last time someone asks Belichick to compare Brady with another player, Belichick brought up Bernie Kosar. Now Kosar is a nice player, but the comparison is hardly appropriate. I am still waiting for the day Belichick will finally compare Brady to guy Brady grew up idolizing.

BB historically has compared his players to former players he has worked with, not worked against. He likes to compare "his" guys because that is the only perspective he can compare (same side of the field). In the past, I have heard him compare Brady not only to Kosar, but also to Phil Simms.

Until he coaches AGAINST Brady (heart just skipped a beat) this very analytical and literal HC probably won't compare him to others he's coached against.

what a great article. I encourage all of you to send her a email of thanks for the good work.

kptmorgan04 said:
what a great article. I encourage all of you to send her a email of thanks for the good work.
I already did. If I hear back from her I will post it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes