PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jackie Mac article on Vrabel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stuff about Vrabel.

She left out what I thought is one of funnier incidents between Vrabel and Belichick as reported by Holley in his book. It has to do with the "blow job" comment by Vrabel after Belichick made an impassioned speech during halftime of a game.

Ted Johnson: "There are only three guys on defense that never need to come out of the game in Bill's scheme, and Mike is one of them. That's because his skill sets are so far more advanced than anybody else."

Who are the other two do you think?

My guess is Seymour and Harrison.

Jackie has IT. I wish she spent more time on the Patriots beat.

well

Well as Tony Realli would say when she guests on his show: "Jackie Mac does it again with style and grace!"

Last edited:
shmessy said:

What I really admire is that after reading the front-page snippet of one of her profiles, you HAVE to flip to the rest. She knows how to make an article a story.

Great Quote

Great quote from the article:

''You can't possibly appreciate this man's preparation," Vrabel said of Belichick. ''This is a guy who, after we win the Super Bowl, says, 'Well, that's nice, but we're six weeks behind.' "

Here's to being six weeks behind again this year :eat3:

At Makena Golf Course, Maui last spring.

FloridaPatsFan said:
At Makena Golf Course, Maui last spring.

Well, that didn't work. Had a pic of me and Vrabel in Maui last year.

shmessy said:

I believe Jackie started out covering the Celtics and has some funny stories about Auerbach, like one time she was trying to get a story from him and he kept telling her to get back to coaching the cheerleaders. She is one of my favorite sports writers, commentators.

JoeSixPat said:
Ted Johnson: "There are only three guys on defense that never need to come out of the game in Bill's scheme, and Mike is one of them. That's because his skill sets are so far more advanced than anybody else."

Who are the other two do you think?

My guess is Seymour and Harrison.

Tedy and Sey........

This is a great piece!! Sports journalism at its finest!

FloridaPatsFan said:
Well, that didn't work. Had a pic of me and Vrabel in Maui last year.

You could try using the "FAN PHOTO GALLERY" link on the menu bar, or you could put it on a website, and use the entire URL (e.g., whatever.com/wherever/file.jpg). A lot of Pats fans would like to see that photo, I'm sure. :)

shmessy said:

She was quite aggressive on the Tedy Bruschi story - scooped everyone else in fact on early suggestions that he was in fact preparing to come back

Those reporters like Tom Curran who backed off at Tedy's request to give him room were pretty PO'ed about that ... feeling like they did the right thing but got screwed in the end.

Perhaps it wasn't Jackie's fault and she was granted exclusive info given the paper she worked for, but I respect guys like Tom Curran who put compassion ahead of their desire to be the first to break a story.

Unfortunately, the moral of that story is it doesn't pay to do so, and I don't think Curran will make that "mistake" again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back