PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

J'accuse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: J'accuse....

1) Guilty as charged. I gave a Nostradamus-like prediction of 31-13 dolts in the PTS thread. Ever since they lost at home to the dolts in '05, I have always been physically ill before & during (& usually after) one of these games.

2) As I wrote in another thread, Randy Moss should have had those DBs for lunch all night long. Play-action fakes w/ Evans & BJGE to draw the Safeties, esp. on 2nd/5 from the 11 on the first FG drive, and then on 2nd/2 from the 32 (a criminal spot by the zebras) on the penultimate drive, might have had game-winning results. This was easily the HC's worst game-management since the SB: bizarre, inexplicable and inexcusable. Has a possible golddigger-distracted genius lost his touch? Just asking.

3) Speaking of game-winning (or game-losing) results, Gaffney's gaffe reminded me of a game in '06, at home vs. either Houston or Detroit. He dropped a sure TD pass while running down the right sideline. The DB was beaten, and Brady could not have thrown the ball any better. Maybe Gaff has issues with running & catching at the same time.

4) & 5) I completely agree. I wonder if BJGE was supposed to run to his left on the aforementioned 2nd/2, thus explaining his hesitation? It sure looked like he had more room on that side. Having Glass Morris and/or "quick healer" Jordan available would have made winning the game, which should've been won anyway, a lot easier.

6) The Wrong Sanders indeed: right now, I'd settle for Lewis Sanders, or Colonel Sanders. Lil' Jimmy is a JAG, e-i-e-i-o. A SS of the future should be one of the FO's top priorities this off-season.

I also must give the OL credit when credit is due. Cassel usually had the time he should have needed to make his progressions, and the RBs usually had the holes through which to run, exc. for those plays previously noted. And having Evans as a lead blocker is much, much better than putting a TE in motion. I wish that the HC & OC would use I-formations more often.

As for the front 7, well: they had better be able to stop the run. Because if you can't stop the run, and we already know that you are feebly impotent in rushing the QB, then what good are you?

2) As I wrote in another thread, Randy Moss should have had those DBs for lunch all night long. Play-action fakes w/ Evans & BJGE to draw the Safeties, esp. on 2nd/5 from the 11 on the first FG drive, and then on 2nd/2 from the 32 (a criminal spot by the zebras) on the penultimate drive, might have had game-winning results. This was easily the HC's worst game-management since the SB: bizarre, inexplicable and inexcusable. Has a possible golddigger-distracted genius lost his touch? Just asking.

What did you see that gave you an indication that the safeties would bite on play-action?

I noticed that whenever the Pats were in run formation - tighter OL, 1/2 RBs behind Cassel under Center, TE in motion - Sanders and/or Bethea would creep 5-10 yards closer to the LOS. I realize that both of them have excellent recovery speed, but I still feel that play-action from that formation, to a receiver running a slant/post, would have netted positive, if not point-producing, yardage. There was no reason to not at least make an attempt; at worst, the Safeties would have had something else about which to worry.

I'm confused. Reading the long post and wiki stuff...so it was the French who were responsible for us losing the game? :confused:

The bastids!

If you read enough history, you'll find it was the French who were responsible for most of the world's bad episodes.

Myself, I am magnanimous to them however on account of the fact they do produce the most wonderful wine. And I find that enough of that generally eases most bad memories and problems.

If you read enough history, you'll find it was the French who were responsible for most of the world's bad episodes.

Myself, I am magnanimous to them however on account of the fact they do produce the most wonderful wine. And I find that enough of that generally eases most bad memories and problems.

Well, the bro south of the border celebrate their defeat of the mighty French every Cinque De Mayo.

Well, the bro south of the border celebrate their defeat of the mighty French every Cinque De Mayo.
No, the Mexicans in the USA celebrate it every Cinquo De Mayo. In Mexico? Not so much.

(Vacationed in Mexico on May 5th and found this out first hand)

Regards,
Chris

Heh,

I didn't need any 'splainin... Then again, I'm old enough to have read a 1st edition. Not when it first came out, mind you, but nonetheless. Sigh...

I do have a life outside of football. Honest. Tuesdays & thursdays, and most saturdays. :rolleyes:

Fridays are for bowling and beer. And getting ready for sunday....

Funny stuff :D

If you read enough *real* history books - as in, not those revisionist stuff that this society is so fund of - you'll realize that this statement is utter stupidity.

They went deep once. The WR was open by a mile and Cassel through a perfect pass. Except for the drop, it was a perfect play. Alas, they never went downfield again. JM's game plan was to run the ball and pass short, and God forbid he change his game plan just because something worked like a charm. The amazing thing was that he later defended not going downfield because he said Cassel wouldn't have time to throw. Cassel had plenty of time that play. It is bad enough to make a mistake (not going downfield against weak CBs), but if you don't know or won't admit it was a mistake, there is little hope for improvement.

We need to have Herm tell BB why we play the game!

Actually three times. The Jabbar drop for 39 yards and and two twenty to -twenty five yard passes to Moss complete, and Watson incomplete. Maybe you don't think 25 yard passes are "deep" passes, but I do...

They certainly are NOT quick screens...

If you read enough *real* history books - as in, not those revisionist stuff that this society is so fund of - you'll realize that this statement is utter stupidity.

I think iron was trying to be funny in the spirit of the French thread

Does that mean you've forgiven them for Pearl Harbor, then? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes