Welcome to PatsFans.com

J'accuse by Emile Zola

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by italia44, Jan 7, 2007.

1. italia44

italia44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I attempted to post a thread critical of Patters as moderator and on the state of the Political Board.

I was denied this right,by Patters,and he deleted it before it could be seen by the patsfans community.

Anyone who feels this is censorship and would like to see what I wrote,please express your opinion.

The Emile Zola reference is in regard to the Alfred Dreyfus Affair.If you research this,you'll understand my need for freedom of speech.

Thanks,Peter
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

I pm'ed your post to you (in case you didn't have a copy), since it was directed to Ian and constituted complaints against several members of the forum. I told you that if you wanted to pursue the matter to contact Ian or FreeTedWilliams. We could certainly have a discussion about forum rules, the meaning of racism, whether criticizing the Pope is different than criticizing someone like Bush, etc. But, your post was not an attempt at constructive dialog and included personal attacks directed at me and others.

Zola for years was one of my favorite writers, and I read a biography of Dreyfus. I'm not sure what analogy you're trying to draw. Perhaps you will explain what you mean. If it's only censorship you're referring to, keep in mind that the only reason this forum has moderators was because some people actually quit patsfans.com because they were so offended by some of the posts in the political forum. In the end, Ian was going to close the forum, but then decided to leave it open provided it had some rules and was moderated.
  3. italia44

italia44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes Patters,Zola,thru his newspaper,was the only way the people of France could discover the complicity and censorship of the French military and government.

Like Dreyfus,who was denied his right to speak,as he was deemed guilty ,first,for being a Jew,and secondly,for being perceived as a danger to "La Belle France",I'm,much the same.

I see injustice,and I most certainly do,I'm going to

right it,at any cost.

I'll repost my "j'accuse" as an open letter to the members without names because someone has to right the wrongs,expose the wrongdoers.

I'm a passionate student of history,like my heroes,
    Zola,Dreyfus,Wiesenthal,Sakharov and especially St Stephen,who you and wistahpatsfan could not possibly understand as a martyr to the Christian faith,and that selfless devotion to others.

Someone has to stand up against you as a moderator,if you won't withdraw,I'll force you out.

That's my passion,my commitment.Remember,we
    invented martyrdom.

Peter
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

This is a vote for both mods Free Ted and Patters, they have a very difficult task at hand, there has been a tendency on both sides to continually attack the messenger and ignore the message. Overall, I do not agree with everything they do, but do a good job in trying to keep this place as civil as it possibly can be. Unfortunately, the sides are so polarized and we are so senstive to everything in this world being political, their jobs will only become more difficult as politically this country is becoming more and more divided.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +349 / 1 / -9

I'm to stupid to get in on this one, I knew a guy named Zola once, he sold mattresses.
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Did these heroes of yours advocate the shooting of people who insulted the Pope?
    And Italians might have invented martyrdom, but the Irish perfected it!