Welcome to PatsFans.com

Jabbar Gaffney Video

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by go4pat, Oct 17, 2006.

1. go4pat

go4pat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +103 / 2 / -3

Too bad its not against NFL competition.

My read on him is that he catches a lot of short passes. Averages less than a TE in yardage, but that he does run good short routes.

It's a low risk potentially high reward signing, but those who think that Gaffney's signing addresses the need for a WR to stretch the field, are probably going to be very disappointed.
  3. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +754 / 6 / -11

#75 Jersey

I think Gabriel and Jackson have that role. We've not really depended on that type of receiver before and we've got by.

Patten and Bethel were our speedsters.
  4. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan On the Roster

Ratings:
    +238 / 22 / -10

The Patriots don't need a speed receiver. What they need is a possession receiver to go along with Troy Brown. They need the sure handed guy that gets open and catches the third down pass and moves the chains. That gives Maroney and Dillon another set of downs to pound the opposing Defense.

I'm delighted to hear that Gaffney is a possession type. For the first time I can understand why Philly was not enamored with him. The Iggles were trying to replace a big down field threat type WR that was TO, ( or Mushin Muhhamed or Doug Gabriel) and Gaffney isn't the TO/Doug Gabriel type.

BTW did you notice that the Patriots actually have Doug Gabriel type on the roster? "...building a team not accumulating stars..."