PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jabar Gaffney released. Will we sign him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are not that many young incumbents to beat.

There's something like 4-5 young receivers on the 90 man roster.

The idea was what if he does show that he's beating the percentage. BB saw something in this guy, since he drafted him. And in the draftees videos, you can see Ebert beating 2nd round pick Wilson two times for a TD. Probably this is why he even drafted him.

BB sees something in a lot of players who never make it. If the kid's an exception to the 7th round rule, BB will find a place for him.

I care about the age because that age is getting really old with Branch and Ocho. Branch disappeared in the playoffs this season, also droppped that 4th down conversion 2 seasons ago vs the Jets. That 4th down conversion went right through his hands and he didn't catch it. When the going got tough, he disappeared.

Pointing to a game 2 seasons ago, really? Every receiver drops passes, just as every QB throws incompletes. As for the rest, I was one calling for the Patriots to draft a young WR in the first two rounds. It's not that I don't care about the age. It's that Gaffney fits and, as long as he hasn't lost it in the offseason, that's more important than age.

Ocho, what can I say. He likes to tweet rather than spend time learning the playbook. He got a huge chance to show up when Gronk went down, but he didn't.

Twitter has a maximum of a small amount of characters. It takes almost no time at all to post to it. Johnson's issues weren't because of Twitter.

There are not that many young incumbents to beat.

The idea was what if he does show that he's beating the percentage. BB saw something in this guy, since he drafted him. And in the draftees videos, you can see Ebert beating 2nd round pick Wilson two times for a TD. Probably this is why he even drafted him.

I care about the age because that age is getting really old with Branch and Ocho. Branch disappeared in the playoffs this season, also droppped that 4th down conversion 2 seasons ago vs the Jets. That 4th down conversion went right through his hands and he didn't catch it. When the going got tough, he disappeared.

Ocho, what can I say. He likes to tweet rather than spend time learning the playbook. He got a huge chance to show up when Gronk went down, but he didn't.

Whenever someone brings up Twitter as if to suggest that it has anything at all to do with on-field production, I pretty much write their opinion off immediately. Why are people so obsessed with a communication medium that, by design, takes almost no time to use? Would you somehow feel better if he spent that time emailing his friends instead?

BB sees something in a lot of players who never make it. If the kid's an exception to the 7th round rule, BB will find a place for him.

He also saw something in a QB he picked in the 6th round.
Victor Cruz went undrafted, now he's a SB champion, and the third receiver in yardage last season.

Pointing to a game 2 seasons ago, really? Every receiver drops passes, just as every QB throws incompletes. As for the rest, I was one calling for the Patriots to draft a young WR in the first two rounds. It's not that I don't care about the age. It's that Gaffney fits and, as long as he hasn't lost it in the offseason, that's more important than age.

What now, I am forbidden to point out a season-ending game from 2 seasons ago? Didn't know that, thanks for reminding me.

Whenever someone brings up Twitter as if to suggest that it has anything at all to do with on-field production, I pretty much write their opinion off immediately. Why are people so obsessed with a communication medium that, by design, takes almost no time to use? Would you somehow feel better if he spent that time emailing his friends instead?

He can tweet and e-mail his friends all day and all night long for all I care, as long as he does his job for which he's paid millions, learn the playbook, know where to line-up and show up when given the opportunity.

He also saw something in a QB he picked in the 6th round.
Victor Cruz went undrafted, now he's a SB champion, and the third receiver in yardage last season.

So what?

What now, I am forbidden to point out a season-ending game from 2 seasons ago? Didn't know that, thanks for reminding me.

Receivers drop passes. Pointing to a single pass in a single game from 2 years ago is senseless.

He can tweet and e-mail his friends all day and all night long for all I care, as long as he does his job for which he's paid millions, learn the playbook, know where to line-up and show up when given the opportunity.

The point is that one has nothing to do with the other.

So what? So 6th or 7th round or UDFA guys can turn out to be very productive, they shouldn't be completely written off.

Receivers drop passes. Pointing to a single pass in a single game from 2 years ago is senseless.

Yeah, they drop them, but they are paid to catch them, and drops in critical situations in season-ending games unfortunately cannot be easily forgotten.
It will be interesting to see how many die-hard Ravens fans will forget in two years the Lee Evans drop or the Billy Cundiff kick.

So what? So 6th or 7th round or UDFA guys can turn out to be very productive, they shouldn't be completely written off.

He's a 7th round pick. You're looking at about a 10% hit rate, if you take Casserly's data to heart. And, as I said earlier "If the kid's an exception to the 7th round rule, BB will find a place for him."

Yeah, they drop them, but they are paid to catch them, and drops in critical situations in season-ending games unfortunately cannot be easily forgotten.
It will be interesting to see how many die-hard Ravens fans will forget in two years the Lee Evans drop or the Billy Cundiff kick.

Players rise and fall on an entire body of work, not just one play. Larry Brown had a 3 INT game in the Super Bowl. As Raiders fans can tell you, that didn't mean he was a great safety.

Last edited:
He's a 7th round pick. You're looking at about a 10% hit rate, if you take Casserly's data to heart. And, as I said earlier "If the kid's an exception to the 7th round rule, BB will find a place for him."

Players rise and fall on an entire body of work, not just one play. Larry Brown had a 3 INT game in the Super Bowl. As Raiders fans can tell you, that didn't mean he was a great safety.

Oh God, we are going around in circles here. Wasn't I on your Ignore list? What happened? You put too many guys on that list, the list overflowed and I escaped? Put me back on that list, we were getting along great when I was on that list.

IMHO Ebert will fill Edelman role. I mean Edelman is in contract year and all that stuff and is maybe expendable.

And he is terrible at PR! I miss Troy Brown and Kevin Faulk returning punts

Oh God, we are going around in circles here. Wasn't I on your Ignore list? What happened? You put too many guys on that list, the list overflowed and I escaped? Put me back on that list, we were getting along great when I was on that list.

It'll be my pleasure to do so.

IMHO Ebert will fill Edelman role. I mean Edelman is in contract year and all that stuff and is maybe expendable.

And he is terrible at PR! I miss Troy Brown and Kevin Faulk returning punts

Did you just say edelman is terrible at PR? you have got to be joking me.

He has taken a return for a td the last 2 years and has been in the top 5 in yards per return in the NFL in 2010.

I think he's just fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye