PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jabar Gaffney could be cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember thinking when Gaffney was signed he wouldn't be any better than 4th WR, and that heading into the season, Caldwell would be the 5th best guy at best. Put Jackson and Gabriel on too high a pedestal. Couldn't be happier to be dead wrong about all of that. :)

Nice snipe on Gaffney.

(scratching my head) hmm i wonder why all of a sudden you guys are agreeing with me on this guy
Really good observation back then. Kudos well deserved.

Belichick/Pioli are constantly looking to see if there are any POSSIBILITIES out there. They put in their diligent effort looking at everey possible player and bringing in as many as they think are possible to work out first hand - and reap the occasional critical reward. Gotta love being a fan of this team and them.

I'm sure many of us have made predictions that would look pretty stupid 3 or 4 months after the fact. It's the nature of messageboard life. Pretty unkind to single Alk out like that, but I don't know your history with him, so I'll leave it at that.
Ya your right, I deleted my post cause it was unfail to Alk. But I do have a bone to pick with him for his great dislike for Corey Dillon and a need to reduce his carries, but I am not even that sure it was him.

Last edited:
Ya your right, I deleted my post cause it was unfail to Alk. But I do have a bone to pick with him for his great dislike for Corey Dillon and a need to reduce his carries, but I am not even that sure it was him.

I deleted my post where I'd quoted your message. Good choice. :)

Really good observation back then. Kudos well deserved.

Belichick/Pioli are constantly looking to see if there are any POSSIBILITIES out there. They put in their diligent effort looking at everey possible player and bringing in as many as they think are possible to work out first hand - and reap the occasional critical reward. Gotta love being a fan of this team and them.

thank you
i appreciate it

I deleted my post where I'd quoted your message. Good choice. :)
Sure.

But its an example of dont judge these guys for what they did with their former teams. They both(him and Caldwell) were a little mediocore to decent at times but they have stepped up for us big. They still had potential but some teams just didnt want them, Chargers for example are regretting that decision now. :D

What are the chances that next year Caldwell & Gaffney are our two starting recievers again? Unless Troy returns again which would be sweet.

bulls*** come back after the game

we will see whos the future hall of famer and whos the bench warmer

LMAO that you took me seriously.... But for what it's worth, so far Gaffney has outperformed Harrison. I expect Harrison will have a good game on Sunday, like he usually does versus the Pats.

huh? Gaffney's been cut...we're getting Stallworth?

what the.....?

how did BB pull that one off...

;)

somebody on another board (forget which team) said that stallworth is a UFA next year but i have looked at a few free agent lists and they were all saying that there wernt any good receivers that were FA...at least #1 type guys...and stallworth is definatly a #1 type

im guessing this is wrong...can anyone confirm that please...because there was like a 5 page thread going on and i was laughing to myself cuz they all thought he was a FA i could be wrong...

i was thinkin after the stallworth addition who could be cut, and i just read it could be gaffney

take a look at their wrs:
stallworth, reggie brown, greg lewis, todd pinkston, hank baskett, and darneriun mccants

so anyone think we could pick up gaffney if he gets cut

Good assessment on your part!

somebody on another board (forget which team) said that stallworth is a UFA next year but i have looked at a few free agent lists and they were all saying that there wernt any good receivers that were FA...at least #1 type guys...and stallworth is definatly a #1 type

im guessing this is wrong...can anyone confirm that please...because there was like a 5 page thread going on and i was laughing to myself cuz they all thought he was a FA i could be wrong...
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere too that Stallworth had an out. There's a lot of speculation around that Meshawn has an exit clause from his contract too, so he could hit the market again.

If we can find a genuine number one to play alongside Gaffney and Caldwell, and then find a way to get Chad Jackson involved, the receiving corps then looks very strong.

Rookie or not, If CJ couldn't break into this year's line-up he has serious issues....

Hopefully the rest of the league has noticed what Brady has done to make street receivers improve as well as the sudden decline in perfomance of Givens, Branch and Patten. There's gotta be some solid receivers chomping at the bit to come play with Tom Brady.

whoever bumped this thread is funny.

It makes everyone who criticized gaffney look like a buncha ****s.

Naturally, I predicted that Jabbar would be signed and play fantastic in 2 straight playoff games.

had to bump this
i know you might get scared for a sec
sorry lol

In another thread, I thought Gaffney would be our #2 for a long time to come. Looks like our #3 or #4 now but I still like him :)

In another thread, I thought Gaffney would be our #2 for a long time to come. Looks like our #3 or #4 now but I still like him :)
If Stallworth is not here next year I think you could see Gaffney as our #2 on the outside.

well, not too many thought we'd get moss, welker, AND stallworth
figured we'd get one MAYBE two guys like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing