PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jabar Gaffney Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Thank you Jabar, your best game of the season, and an essential part of the win tonight.

A really underappreciated guy all season. Hopefully this ends the “Let’s see some Chad Jackson!” nonsense at least for a few weeks, Jabar is a great 4th receiver and played like a 1st tonight.

*bows*

Good call on this thread. Marvelous first half and a game clinching 1st down. He played exactly like a Patriot tonight.

Yep, the '06 Gaffney showed up for sure.

Gaffney played well. Don't forget he was the Texans #1 or #2 receiver for a while. On this team he is the #4, but he definitely contributed tonight.

Great game for Gaffney. Stepping it up on numerous occasions.

Before the season, I thought Gaffney would be our #2 for awhile. With all our talent gelling so quick, it's been amazing to me the only WR with history with Brady isn't a bigger part of the offense. I hope we sign him for a long, long time.

I could dig up some humorous quotes from certain posters calling Gaffney the "flavor of the month" or our next Jermaine Wiggins, but that's unnecessary. :D

Gaffney is an excellent route runner and he's also very clutch. What more can you ask for?

FA_gaffney15.jpg

Thank you Philly for dropping him last season!

6 rec, 87 yds, TD.

yup. that'll do. :)

Welker and Gaffney accounted for 238 of Brady's 380 yards tonight. They almost were the offense. I was a little surprised to see Brady had that many yards. Jabar played well and Welker played very, very well.

You know I didn't even notice until just looking at the stats that Welker had 13 grabs.

Good lord.

Hear, hear! Jabar had a great night tonight.

What I think is most impressive, though, is the fact that Brady is able to locate what is probably his 4th or 5th target (after Watson or Faulk) in short order and get the ball to him.

I think this shows (if we didn't know before) that Brady has confidence in everybody on the field this year. A lot of QB's rely on their top 2 guys pretty much exclusively and aren't confident to go beyond that.

How on earth was this guy a "street free agent" when the Patriots found him last year? He made a lot of great plays in the playoffs, and even in the shadow of what Moss and Welker are doing he just keeps making great contributions.

Please just keep this receiving core in tact next year. Stallworth still rocks after the ball, Welker is Troy Brown jr. and Gaffney is a great player. Oh yeah... Randy Moss is Randy Moss most of the time too.

Great game Gaffney, those were some stellar catches.

jabar gaffney played really well... he made donte stallworth look "almost" (almost?) expandable next season..:)

Hear, hear! Jabar had a great night tonight.

What I think is most impressive, though, is the fact that Brady is able to locate what is probably his 4th or 5th target (after Watson or Faulk) in short order and get the ball to him.

I think this shows (if we didn't know before) that Brady has confidence in everybody on the field this year. A lot of QB's rely on their top 2 guys pretty much exclusively and aren't confident to go beyond that.

doesnt make this more impressive that the pats changed their targets with the coverage being played on randy and dante ? no espn guy mentions this.

The patriots should keep to drafting lineman - and picking up skill positions in FA/trades. Gaffney did well tonight.

Isn't Gaffney one of those bum wide-receivers that Brady has had to put up with over the past few years according to you guys?

Isn't Gaffney one of those bum wide-receivers that Brady has had to put up with over the past few years according to you guys?
He's not great as a starter but as a #4 WR he absolutely kicks ass. I think he's actually be fine as our second starter with Moss and Welker, just less YAC than Stallworth; but him and Caldwell as the starters was limiting.

Jabar is great.

I wish you guys could have seen him and rex grossman play together down in florida. That was an amazing tandem. Rex is a great long ball thrower, and Jabar really ate that stuff up. It was exciting.

I could dig up some humorous quotes from certain posters calling Gaffney the "flavor of the month" or our next Jermaine Wiggins, but that's unnecessary. :D

It's not my fault Caldwell and Gaffney went in separate directions in training camp, a good 4 months after those epic threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back