PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jabaal Sheard anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the value for both would be Mallet, and the Patriots second round pick.

I personally, wouldn't want that deal. I don't like Mallet. I think that's what the Browns would want if the Patriots were interested.

I would do that deal in second if I'm New England. You guys would have one of the most dominant defensive lines in all of football.

Rubin is a pro bowl caliber defensive tackle. Him next to Wilfork? Are you kidding me.

And Sheard is good, problem is the Browns never had that compliment pass rusher in the 4-3 to blend with him.

I'd jump all over it if I'm New England.

I don't understand why the Browns would consider neither Rubin nor Sheard a good fit for a 3-4 defense.

I wanted Bill to take Rubin in the 5th round of the 2008 draft instead of UDFA-talent Matty Slater;
doing so would've mitigated the desire to take Busto Brace the following year.
I also wanted either Sheard or Brooks Reed at 33 in the 2011 draft instead of Glas-IR Dowling.

Both players I thought at the time would've been great fits on our then 3-4 defense. Now Cleveland
doesn't think that they fit on a 3-4 defense?

Rubin is not a nose tackle. We got an absolute stud in Phil Taylor, and a lot of depth at his position.

IMO, Rubin is more likely to get dealt, than Sheard. I don't think Sheard is going any where.

Grossi speculates a lot, but he could be right about Rubin. I don't see him playing much now that we're going back to a 3-4. And he's too talented to not see the field.

I think the Pats would benefit more with him, than Sheard. Sheard is good, but Rubin is much better.

he has started all 16 games both of he's seasons in the NFL with a average of all most 8 sacks, yes I would trade mallett for him if the browns wanted to do that he's a 24 year old pass rusher vs a 25 year old QB that if all goes right will never play a meaningful down for the pats,

I know a lot of people will say mallet will be worth a 2th or more next year but if he has a bad preseason no one will want him or he may even get cut I would take a shot at the pass rusher, I don't think this trade will happen but I would like it if it did

Looks like Cleveland could be looking to unload Jabaal Sheard and Ahtyba Rubin, both are a poor fit for their new 3-4 scheme. I know Sheard was a draft binkie for many on this board.

Lombardi and Belichick are good friends and frequent trade partners. Lombardi loves Mallett and Belichick is looking for a pass rushing DE. I wonder if Mallett for Sheard could be in the cards.

Jabaal Sheard - Cleveland Browns - 2013 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Sheard for a 7th, absolutely. Anything higher we can't afford with our paucity of picks.

Ok after further reflection, it's unlikely they'd give him up for a late round pick.
3rd is probably the highest I'd be willing to go, but that would really hurt us in terks of draft picks, we'd only have 2 picks left in the top 100.

Oh look at Captain Hindsight --- "I don't want the Patriots draft a multiple time Pro-Bowler --- My judgement is always superior..."

I don't understand why the Browns would consider neither Rubin nor Sheard a good fit for a 3-4 defense.

I wanted Bill to take Rubin in the 5th round of the 2008 draft instead of UDFA-talent Matty Slater;
doing so would've mitigated the desire to take Busto Brace the following year.
I also wanted either Sheard or Brooks Reed at 33 in the 2011 draft instead of Glas-IR Dowling.

Both players I thought at the time would've been great fits on our then 3-4 defense. Now Cleveland
doesn't think that they fit on a 3-4 defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back