Welcome to PatsFans.com

J. Wright - OOOPS, not JEWS, Zionists.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Jun 12, 2009.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +611 / 7 / -7

The Daily Press (a Newport News paper) quotes Wright as saying he "should have said Zionist."

Here on our own forum, we've witnessed the "scratch the Zionist-basher, find a Jew-hater" phenomenon. They get flustered, forget the code word, and say what they really think.

I know the rabid right thinks that guilt by association is very, very important. Frankly, I go by what I see, how a person behaves, and I'm fine w/Obama. Knowing an anti-semite is not a disqualifier for me.

I mean, what if I ran for president and someone dragged up every opinion from people posting on Patsfans?

At any rate: I'm fascinated by the "oops I meant Zionists" angle of Wright's latest idiocy, since I see the same thing here.

Discuss.

PFnV

2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +175 / 5 / -1

#91 Jersey

Its getting pretty ugly out there PViV. In the last few days maybe a week i've noticed a lot of anti-semitism. The downturn in the world economy and loss of jobs has brought the hate out. These people have to have someone or something to blame their misfortune on. Unfortunately for some reason the Jews that are the target, just as they have for thousands of years. What i don't understand is the Lt. jumping in. And i'm not talking about wright, we have some here Mavoric for example can only see the Palistinian side. Of course i predict in short order that someone from the right is going to say no its not, thats who they are ....People that hate. I go by what i see, that is actions. And from what i've seen it would be out of charector for Obama to be anti-semetic.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  3. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yeah he only has a passing association with his church and the rev he choose to marry him and baptize his kids. Got it.

Yeah the lefties never did that...[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I don't only see the Palestinian side, I see both sides, which we pretty much don't get from exposure to US media. Jon Stewart, a Jewish American, even recently mocked the ridiculously Israeli-biased US media on The Daily Show during Israel's recent failed attacks.

Zionists also brand Jimmy Carter and the former Dean of Harvard Law School as anti-semites too. That word gets thrown around way too much nowadays, from CRAZY biased Zionists who brand any criticisms of AIPAC or Israel as meaning you hate Jews.

Go onto JPost sometime and read the Israeli hysteria over Obama. There are some crazies posting there who probably wouldn't hesitate to kill Obama or the next Rabin, over any sort of conciliation with the Palestinians.

Even among the non-extremists, you have these completely biased Zionists like PFnV who let their Zionism color pretty much any issue. The guy takes everything personally, and even defends Bush and fights 9/11 evidence because of his over-paranoid fears linking 9/11 with Israel.
    --------

Here is Israel's defense minister saying Netanyahu's policies basically mean apartheid. He'll probably be called a Jew-hater and be character assassinated by the Zionist machine in short order.

[“The current government was formed with the commitment to respect the deals reached by preceding governments,” Barak told public radio ahead of a speech by Netanyahu on Sunday to lay down his peace policies.

These include “the roadmap which clearly states that the conflict must be resolved on the principle of two states for two peoples,” said the head of center-left Labour party, the most moderate member of Netanyahu’s otherwise right-leaning Cabinet.

“If such a solution fails, there will be only one political entity from the Jordan Valley to the Mediterranean — the state of Israel. Under such a scenario, if the Palestinians have the right to vote, it will no longer be a Jewish state, but a bi-national state. And if they don’t have the right to vote, it will be an APARTHEID regime,” the former prime minister said.]

-- Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak, July 2009

5. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +611 / 7 / -7

I'll leave Mav aside for a moment, Reflex, and come back to him.

I agree w/you, regarding Obama. One does need to separate out issues, rather than just throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. I am worried like a lot of right wingers about spending. I also see no alternative, and note the conditions under which the spending is happening. Were we not awash in the recent auto-post frenzy we could discuss this stuff (and of course, just rip into each other etc.)

I also agree w/what you are seeing in re: the current lurch into antisemitism, especially among the fringes. We're used to it though, and the current conditions fall into the textbook pre-pogrom scenario. In the middle ages, they happened around Easter. Now it's economic downturns.

Mav's evidently convinced that I now "defend Bush and fight 9/11 evidence," and continues to use "Zionist" as if it's a dirty word. It is defined by the belief in the legitimacy of the State of Israel. And yes, despite his assertion that I have defended Bush (I am sure I have on one occasion or another, on the blind squirrel principal alone,) and evidence, quite frankly, stands up to criticism, if you have any.

I have, however, correctly identified ol' Mav as having made the same "slip-up" as Wright, screwing up his code words -- which is what's likely got him in a lather right now (when he's not trolling JPost.)

At any rate, this is a familiar position for Jews, that of being blamed for everything and its opposite. A right-wing fanatic thinks Jews and Blacks are conspiring to disenfranchise whites; a left-wing fanatic thinks -- and announces it on the very same day -- that Jews are keeping him from access to Barack Obama.

The terminological do-si-do to get the code-words straight is telling, whether done by a kid who wants to be liked in his scholastic radical circles, or a reverend still fighting the battles of the 60s.

We've got plenty of race-baiting of various other kinds on this forum, on a fairly regular basis, and of course I don't appreciate that either. It's just dumb. One of the aspects of this presidency, to me, has been that many of us are growing up and moving past that... but there are always those who cannot, whether because they're dinosaurs or just plain silly.

PFnV

6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Holy bullsh!t...not this again!

7. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +611 / 7 / -7

Go figger.

One star it if ya don't like it! :D

Just a simple observation:

- There is legitimate opposition to expansionists of any ilk.
    - It is legitimate to discuss, as an academic exercise, the necessity of Zionism.
    - To my mind, anyone with any knowledge of history has a difficult time opining against said necessity; however, I could take a similar stance from the POV that the United States should not exist (as have a few fringe righties on a consistent basis,)

- However, there is also a select contingent, regrettably on the fringe left, who use "Zionist" as a code word for "Jews." If it's not obvious enough from context it becomes glaringly obvious when they slip up, miss their cues, and drop their code words.

It's actually more funny than anything, but if these individuals are taken seriously, it's ugly.

PFnV

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +720 / 2 / -9

Barack Hussein Obama and his wife spent 20 YEARS listening to Jeremiah Wright spew his sh!t, Obama and his wife sat in that Racist Anti Semitic Congregation, that Racist Congregation "screamed and praised their God" whenever Uncle Jeremiah opened his filthy hateful mouth.

If Barack Hussein Obama is so wonderful and pure why didn't he and his wife stand up and walk out of that Racist Church 19 YEARS AGO.

Wonderful Beautiful Prince Obama has another side, that evil side will emerge his Agenda won't allow it to stay hidden.

REMEMBER BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA USED TO CALL THE RACIST WRIGHT "UNCLE JEREMIAH"

9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Nothing pisses off a Jew-hating Nazi more than getting laughed at, IMO. I did it once at the Rod n Gun Club. This dude dressed in a Harley costume comes in...never seen him before...and after a couple of Shirley Temples starts ranting about "Mexicans, niggers, Jews, and mongrels". I went over to the guy who brought him in and said (loud enough for everyone to hear) "Where'd you dig up this road kill?". The whole place laughed out loud, especially the Irish/black/Indian/Canadian guy behind the bar.

Well, sissy boy on steroids shrunk down like a prune and slipped outside, staring at me through the window. I went outside and aked him if he had a problem and he told me I was lucky he didn't have his pistol on him. I told him I had mine in my jeans between my legs and if he didn't get the fugg outta here, I was gonna use it on him (I was bluffing). I think the threat of getting the bum's rush either excited him or brought back bad memories of prison, so he got on his vibrator and took off. That was one of the most satisfying afternoons of my life without having sex (thank Santa I didn't have to go there!)

10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +720 / 2 / -9

When guy's like him come out of jail they still have all that Racism in them, America's Prisons are the most segregated, racists places on earth.

11. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +611 / 7 / -7

Yeah, "you're lucky I don't have my gun..." what's that even mean? Without your gun you're a big pu$$y?

Look I'm pretty much a big pu$$y either way, but at least I don't walk around picking fights I'm going to lose if they're "lucky I don't have my gun."

Key-rist.

12. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +102 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

I think you are being naive. Would you sit and listen to a Rabbi say racist things about blacks for 20 years?

[​IMG]

13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +429 / 12 / -26

From Stormfront.. looks like you copied right from them.. the rhetoric is remarkably similar...

Rev. Wright Says 'Them Jews' Won't Let Obama Talk to Him - Page 2 - Stormfront

14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +720 / 2 / -9

How do you explain Barack Hussein Obama sitting in a church, not for a couple of Sunday's but FOR 20 FRIGGIN YEARS and listening to that Racist Bastard preach his bigotry and hatred, Obama didn't only sit and listen to this scumbag, Obama let the rat Baptize his children, Obama called the racist "Uncle Jeremiah"
    That Is A Fact

Imagine what the Obama News Media would have done to GW Bush if Bush called David Duke "Uncle Dave".....:singing:

15. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +611 / 7 / -7

I judge by what I see, PFIEL, not through guilt by association. For me, Obama has passed the test for me, even though Wright doesn't. Frankly, I was married by a rabbi I haven't seen since, the first time around. Oh we had a nice ketubah, blah blah blah. But it didn't mean a darn thing about his political views. The second time I went with a justice of the peace. I believe my wedding ceremony was from a show called "Scarecrow and Mrs. King." I also do not think it means my politics are or are not like that Justice of the Peace's politics. Nor do I think that one sits in the pew, says "I hear and I obey," and robotically enacts the dictates of the local preacher.

I think it's much more accurate to look at a man's own words and actions.

One thing I can conclude is this: Obama is under fire from the extreme right because he is "pro-Israel" and in the hands of the Jews. He is under fire from the extreme left (Wright) for exactly the same reasons. Meanwhile guys not quite at the antisemite extremes of the Right, who just stop at "neo-con", say that Obama is not pro-Israel enough. Israelis themselves run the gamut in their opinions of our new president. The center and center-left say "Obama Supports Israel. Period." (Obama supports Israel. Period. - Haaretz - Israel News)

I am sure the right and far right say otherwise, based on Obama's opposition to settlements; frankly since childhood, I knew the settlements were established to be a thorn in the whole process of land-for-peace. As much as I will fight here for Israel's right to exist, I am and always have been against the settlements.

What we'll see next week will be very interesting. Netanyahu is beholden to the Israeli right; he must also, however, somehow conform himself to the world according to Obama, who continues to enjoy high popularity among both Arabs and Israelis. My understanding is he will say "Yes you are right, there must be a Palestinian state, but with no air force, army, or real sovereignty." And we'll be back to square 1... but I think we will make progress as the Israeli right has to answer to the country's mood.

Nu, you worry that Obama's anti-Semitic?

Then how do you explain Rahm Emmanuel? How do you explain the baseline insistence in his Cairo speech on the existence of Israel and its relationship to the US?

Someone else worries that he is a "pawn" of "Zionists" or "Jews"? Then how do you explain in his Cairo speech that he spoke specifically against said settlements?

Frankly the best friend to Israel and to Jews is not some lunatic off in la-la land who doesn't get the issues, and mindlessly empowers the Israeli right on the premise that peace would be okay in one way, but apocalypse starting next week would be okay too. The best friend to Israel and to Jews is a fair-minded and pragmatic guy who sees Jews as people, and Israel as a state: not a demon like the anti-semites say, not entitled (as antisemites portray us as envisioning ourselves and Israel,) but deserving of fair treatment as loyal Americans (Jews in this country) or as an ally (in the case of Israel).

PFnV

16. Michael

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

You're trying logic against the cultists? Good luck.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  17. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +611 / 7 / -7

Michael, I insist you issue yourself an infraction for the bizarre ad-hominem attack, and of course I know you won't.

That's okay. Your posts do not treat political issues as relating to complex and variegated interactions. In that quite simple, easy-to-understand but less-than-accurate worldview, I suppose the nonsense you spout above is not only right-wing, but is even "right".

Of course, that is no excuse for hypocritical abrogation of the standards of the forum for the sake of self-indulgence; but que sera sera.

A little hint, however; if you are capable of it, argue against my arguments, rather than insulting my person.

Then you would be within forum guidelines.

Thanks,

PFnV

18. Michael

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Attack? :rofl:

cult |kəlt|
    noun
    • a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing : a cult of personality surrounding the leaders.

Describes all the Obama apologists, such as yourself, perfectly. I've seen a lot worse in this forum and I've taken a lot worse. As I suggested before maybe you need to find a hobby.

19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +720 / 2 / -9

It isn't to hard to 'sum up obama' after you get past the "groupie adoration" Obama is a slick PHONY, he's a Chicago Politician, but of course his worshipers will never see it until it is to late, for them that is, the American people will only let him go so far than they will revolt, the gushing and fawning will end, the grand and glorious speeches will then be seen for what they really are 'lying bullsh!t' then another election will roll around and Prince Charming will join GW Bush.

YES WE CAN

20. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +611 / 7 / -7

As I've stated before, if you disagree with my arguments, and you are capable of it, address my arguments.

If your point is that, because you believe me to be a "cultist" -- which I, for one, am not -- you feel the argument is made by name-calling, you merely show your own arguments to be wanting.

Your posts fail. You may, of course, not be an idiot; you may, in fact, be very clever in your own way. Although your own arguments express admiration for all things right of center (though left, to your credit, of von Brunn); and though your posts may be characterized as robotic, reflexive, and mindless; does not in fact qualify me to call you a cultist. That is just name-calling. I am capable, as anyone who can read has seen here, of taking apart what we'll generously call your "arguments" on their merits, or lack thereof.

If your posts, however, are pathetic, easy, undocumented, and almost universally wrong, there would be no call for me to call you an idiot, moron, cultist, or other derogatory name. That would be an insult against your person, and so of course I would not.

PFnV

:D