PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Izzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seneschal2

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
At 33, undersized Izzo proving doubters wrong

"I study the game, but in the kicking game, you can't be overly cerebral — you end up with paralysis by overanalysis," he said. "It's still one-on-one, defeat your blocker and then make the tackle on an exceptional athlete. That's what makes the successful coverage player, whether you do it by anticipation because you've seen it and recognize it, or you just physically do it. I've depended on both."

Seneschal - Thanks for the article. However your quote doesn't do Izzo justice. In fact, I think a much BIGGER item to be taken from that article is this:

Eagle Tribune said:
Off the field, he's traveled to Kuwait and Iraq in support of the troops, made trips to Walter Reed Hospital to visit the wounded, spends time helping feed the poor and volunteers for the Special Olympics. His "Larry-oke" event in Boston has raised more than $400,000 for soldier's families in just two years.

Larry Izzo is DABOMB. And many thanks go out to him for his work in supporting our troops.

Larry Izzo has done much good work, unheralded, and unknown, to most all of us. So all the better.

Thanks for the insight.:D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye