PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Izzo signs with the...Jets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gunnails,

You got a very good but slowly fading ST warrior.

"Larry Okie" as he as affectionately known to fans here, was a ST only leader and ST captain and also a former ST pro bowler.

He was passed by Pierre Woods three years ago as the annual ST tackling champion. Last year BB brought in half a decade younger vet Sam Akins, the Bills renowned ST captain, to replace him, but Larry still held on to his job. Now he is yielding to the Pats youth movement, and lack of space for ST only players.

The Pats are just so totally deep; there is no longer room for this great, but ST only, warrior.

I think Jets fans will like him...a lot!:(;)

Roid head... NY is the perfect city for him to represent. :snob:

He must be a beast on STs, I find it strange that Izzo could hold a spot on the Pats roster for so long being that he was not versatile.

His main regret, besides leaving the Patriots, is that the Jets got rid of that section where women were berated into going topless or else. Izzo got there a year or two late.

I love it. Izzo leaves after giving everything to the Pats and the community, and some of you want to talk him down. All I can remember about him is the steroid thing also. :rolleyes: Who cares about saving the Snow Bowl game with a fumble recovery on a fumbled punt, a win that pretty much sparked the three Super Bowl wins for our franchise.

Who really cares. The guy is tied in with Barry Bonds.

As much as I like Izzo, I think its good for the team that all of Bellichick's security blankets are getting taken away.

He was taking a spot that should have had a developemental guy in it.

Thank you everyone for the info/replies.

:)

Re: Izzo

Does anyone have any memories of him making a play on D?

By all accounts a stand up guy. Does a bunch of charity events especially for military Veteran's. Very well liked in the locker room.

If you see him playing D your either up by 40 or the charter carrying your LB's went down.

A little long in the tooth and not as fast as he was but will still be up there in special teams tackles

Izzo is Dead To Me

Poor Izzo, going from the penthouse to the outhouse. Actually, I'm surprised he's still in the league. Seems like he was hanging on by his fingernails the last three or so years.

Roid head... NY is the perfect city for him to represent. :snob:

Correction: The Green Beans are from New Jersey, they have nothing to do with New York City.

Last edited:

well i guess since mangina is not there, its natural now he signs there. Like Kraft said hope he does good "but not against the NE PATS" good luck to him.

Good luck to Mr. Izzo. May he make the Pro Bowl on an 0-16 team.

Wow I would have expected this from the Ratgini era Jest or current Browns. Obviously we could have resigned him if was part of our future plans with that said however it's a shame to see to see go to a inner-division rival.

I think his play dropped off last year. but a great special team player, just can't seem to get in on D

Is this guy any good?

I heard the Jets want him.

Thoughts.

Jets get revenge for the Baker signing!
Izzo is a ST ace. Don't count him as one of your regular linebackers.

I think his play dropped off last year. but a great special team player, just can't seem to get in on D

Per Reiss here are the special team tackle leaders for '08

LB Larry Izzo -- 14
S Matthew Slater -- 13
S Brandon Meriweather -- 11
OLB Pierre Woods -- 11 (team-high 9 solo)
WR Sam Aiken -- 10
CB Mike Richardson -- 8
LB Gary Guyton -- 7
WR Kelley Washington -- 7
S/WR Ray Ventrone -- 6
OLB Vince Redd -- 6

Although not the gunner he once was he is still productive.

Jets confirm Izzo signing - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

The Jets have sent out a release confirming the signing of Patriots special teams captain/linebacker Larry Izzo.

"I am very excited about the opportunity to play for the Jets and Mr. [Woody] Johnson," Izzo said in the release. "I'm grateful for the chance to be reunited with [special teams] coach [Mike] Westhoff, who played a key role early in my career, and look forward to playing for Coach [Rex] Ryan as he brings his passionate, physical style of football to New York. Having spent my entire career in the AFC East, I'm very familiar with the Jets' incredibly loyal, knowledgeable and passionate fans and this is an amazing chance to work hard and make them proud."

Jets confirm Izzo signing - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

The Jets have sent out a release confirming the signing of Patriots special teams captain/linebacker Larry Izzo. "

Ohhhhhhhhhh, come on "JEST Fan." Larry is (was) a good one. THX larry for the ENDZONE INT vv. Buffallo in 2003.

What is the point as a "JEST fan" ? picking the best of the REST ?
The JEST r "trying" to copy the Patriot-Way w/out rings !!!!!!!

Question for U gunni, " Can a team win w/out a QB ........like the JEST?":singing:

When it's time to change, you got to rearrange...

Good luck, Izzo. Thanks for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back