PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I've never seen Brady so comfortable

Status
Not open for further replies.
took me ten pages to get to a football thread.

there are some headscratching posts in here.

the bomb was equal parts Randy and Tom....there was no "chuck" or desperate heave.

Tom threw it to the far pylon because THERE WERE NO JETS THERE. That's the only place he could've thrown the ball to allow Moss to gain separation from half the entourage of defenders around Moss before his break.

The adjustment/acceleration by Moss was PHENOMENAL....sickly smooth....

that's the part we've been missing!

But it was an awesomely precise bomb....dropped it right inside the pylon....you have to be blind not to see that.

chucking it up there in that situation gets Randy KILLED. Instead he tippy toed in untouched.

It's time for the weak arm myth to end....NOW! When you've had subpar speed/height at WR, a smart QB will err on the conservative side with deep patterns (i.e. throw long, not short)....and when has he EVER taken credit for his arm strength??....of course he's not going to pat himself on the back in a damn press conference...we've heard the same quotes over and over....I'm so sick of the false humility but that's been his M.O. FOREVER....the players love him for it and that's all that matters.

NO PRESSURE:
As some have noticed, NY didn't apply any pressure...it was 3 on 5 most of the game....it's good to see our O-line get credit in both pass pro and with the run, but this is the same O-line that got TORCHED by a far more aggressive Jets team last year....

....with all of that firepower they were simply too afraid to blitz (Vilma didn't have to admit it but he did)....maybe next time they'll be desperate enough to change it up. It was obvious they weren't going to go the pressure route from the very beginning....we didn't need to steal signs for that....and if that worked nearly as well as Mark Schlereth and his ESPN friends like to think then somebody please explain how we could've ever lost a freaking game in this league....let me guess, some teams disguise their signals better than others....let that be a lesson to our former DC.

It's also going to take more time to throw given the Jets were mainly in nickel coverage.

And as to the poster who thinks we need to "wait til next week" to determine if TFB knows how to handle pressure you must be joking....we're not talking about a rookie, the guy is somewhat proven in this regard....Greg Cosell (NFL Films) called him the "most mobile QB in the NFL"....but then again, he also studies film.

Look, it all comes down to Moss's hammy....if he stays healthy this team can't be stopped....signal library or no signal library.

Last edited:
Just two points

1) The jets blitzed a lot. It just didn't seem that way, since they were all picked up. It was almost as if we knew what they were going to do :) Seriously, the OL, the receivers and the RB's did a magnificent job in handling the blitz.

2) With regard to the bomb to Moss, I was simply repeating what Brady said in the interview after the game. The play did not happen as it was drawn up. Brady simply threw toward the corner with all the strength that he had. Brady joked that he didn't have any more in him. Moss judged where the ball was going to and outran three jets to get the ball. The was no precision in where the ball was going.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back