PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I've never seen anything like this Colt apologist approach from the media

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ive never seen anything like this Colt apologist approach from the media

The concepts of teamwork, efficiency, tireless preparation and self-improvement play well in Tokyo. America wants stars, big plays, shoot from the hip and natural ability.

Patriots...Japan's Team.

This post is HILARIOUS. And so true!
Why does America's Team have to be full of individual stars, loud, arrogant, childish, and selfish.

Last edited:
Mort just called Peyton "heroic"....Steve Young is laughing.

"it was raining, he had to deal with injuries."

No joke.

Honestly if you're putting boxes next to the reasons the Colts almost won the game, do you check off the one next to Manning's "heroic" performance, or Norv Turner's offense being unable to score?

The Manning apologists are being exposed right before our eyes.

If you can't criticize a guy after that game, then you never can.

Maybe because they are Super Bowl Champs with a Champions heart who doesn't go out and raid free agency to build a team. Where are Stallworth and Moss going to play next year?

Yeah! Goddamnit guys, free agency is bad! It's against the rules to manage the cap responsibly so that you can pursue players not under contract with another team! Don't you know it's bad to try to improve your team through trades and free agency?

Give me a fackin break, you worthless SOB. Just because Polian has absolutely whiffed when it's come to pursuing players outside of the draft does not mean it's bad.

And Stallworth is under contract next year, you schmuck.

Chris Mortensen said on Sports Center that "The feeling around the league is that Peyton's performance last night was heroic in almost bringing his team back in spite of his six interception."

If they wanted to say "The Indy defense was heroic in defeat willing the team to a win in spite of the offense and special teams."

I'd be on board with that but how they can call his performance heroic is beyond the normal Peyton ball-washing, I'd go as far as to call it heroic ball-washing.

Last edited:
Chris Mortensen said on Sports Center that "The feeling around the league is that Peyton's performance last night was heroic in almost bringing his team back in spite of his six interception."

If they wanted to say "The Indy defense was heroic in defeat willing the team to a win in spite of the offense and special teams."

I'd be on board with that but how they can call his performance heroic is beyond the normal Peyton ball-washing, I'd go as far as to call it heroic ball-washing.

Well, Mort might have said that, but Steve Young wasn't buying it.

Maybe because they are Super Bowl Champs with a Champions heart who doesn't go out and raid free agency to build a team. Where are Stallworth and Moss going to play next year?

Moss will be playing WR in New England. I'm not sure where Stallworth winds up, but wherever he is, he'll be wearing an F-ing Super Bowl ring.

I really don't understand it.
I have hardly ever in my life heard the majority of the media use injuries as an excuse for any team. Even moreso, as an excuse for a player.
Listneing yesterday and reading today, it seems a strong majority of the media is trying to paint this almost as a game that shouldn't count as a loss.
Manning throws 6 picks, and they are giving the Colts a pass due to injuries?
The Patriots of 03 and 04 were the 2 SB Champs in NFL history with the most games lost to injury by starters. There is absolutely no way anyone would have blamed injuries, and in fact, playing through them was barely addressed.

Yesterday Tom Jackson went as far as saying BEFORE the game that a Colt loss owuldn't be a big deal, because Tony Dungy has the character to get past that. It almost seems like the media is trying to RAISE their opinion of the Colts due to back to back losses. Not only are they making an excuse but they are trying to make it out that losing and blaming it on injuries makes them better than winning.
It seems that every comment within miles of the Colts is designed to inflate them. Peter King actually wrote that the Chargers playing with emotion like they did last night are almost impossible to beat. Are you kidding me? They would have lost to more than half of the teams in the NFL last night. They had absolutely no offense. The offense gave away 7 points. They scored twice because of poor Colts s/ts, Manning threw 6 Ints, and it took a missed 29 yard FG for them to win. Making that comment about SD, who played horrendously is clearly a way to make the Colts look better.

I just don't get it.
Why is so much of the media rooting for the Colts? It seems like they are playing damage control to make everyone think the Colts are better than they are. I never ever remember anything like this, and quite honestly I have no clue why the media has decided to make the Colts their cause.

Wahhhhh
Dudes are 9-0, Colts lose 2 in a row, and YOU are whining:rolleyes:

Wahhhhh

Pointing out flawed thinking is not whining. Calling a TO so that you can attempt to talk a ref out of a penalty... yeah, whining.

Why isn't this guy banned? He's sticking up for his team. This behavour is not allowed on Colts' message boards. Why should it be allowed here?

Wahhhhh

So, us being 9-0 doesn't give us the right to criticize and what not. The fact that we are 9-0 and still "whining", only shows that we can see what's going on. We have no excuses, just a clear vision of what's really happening. Why would we whine at 9-0?

How does that stock up to a 3x Champion with the heart of a 3x Champion.

You seriously have to be kidding to imply that signing a couple of free agents indicates something wrong with a team.
Up until this year, everyone called the Patriots philosophy of building from the draft, retaining their own players, and signing mid-level FAs cheap. Now, they are criticized for TRADING FOR Moss and Welker and singing ONE FA WR?

Wahhhhh

I'm not whining, I am asking a question.
Do you not find it odd that the media feels obligated to make excuses for the Colts?

I just read the 'heroic' line from Mort.
What is heroic? He didnt quit and go home?
Was it less heroic for Brooks bollinger to keep playing and getting beaten up against GB?
Its just stupid. Peyton Manning threw 6 Ints, and lost. He got his team ONE TD in the second half. The defense scored a TD to give him a chance.

How is it HEROIC to play a football game and lose. What did Manning do that any other QB wouldn't?
It implies that after throwing 6 Ints he would be expected to just quit and not keep playing the game.

it's funny you leave out AD. face it you need FA to keep up with the Colts. our players came from us drafting.

Why are you here? You post nonsense and add nothing to any discussion that's worth a damn. Your beloved Colts just signed a player off waivers, and Corey Simon wasn't a Colts draft pick. Also, I may be a little hazy on this one, but does Tampa Bay do the Colts drafting for them? If not, you can add McFarland to the "non-draft" group. Good lord, are you really this clueless or is it just a Pauly Shore act?

P.S. I even forgot to put Vinatieri up there, for a more poignant example.

Last edited:

This is far and away the dumbest thing I have ever read.
How is it even possible to raid free agency?

You do know how free agency works right? Players that are not under contract are free to choose which teams they would like to play for and then all parties agree on a contract of a certain length and time. And as long as they have the cap space they can sign however many players they want.

But that can't be - the Pats are mean and cheat and don't pay and the coach is a jerk so why would any player want to come and play for NE?

What you also don't get is that the Pats have one of the highest percentages of their own draft picks playing for them than any other team in teh league. Indy has been very good as well in this department. But they have no cap room for free agents and no free agents want to play for St Dungy and f*ck face Manning and they certainly don't wnat to live in donkeyapolis, which is why the Colts have no depth and are crumbling right before our very eyes.

Too funny that the Patriots are the team too cheap to sign free agents until they do now they're the Yankees even though the NFL has a salary cap that all teams must play under.

Too bad 75% of our starters were drafted and all the FAs were signed to under market value deals.

it's funny you leave out AD. face it you need FA to keep up with the Colts. our players came from us drafting.

Free Agency is a means of building a team. If you could afford them, you would be signing them.
You just signed Simeon Rice I guess. Last year you signed Booger McFarland. Unfortunatley this year you have a bunch of unwanted rookies because you couldn't afford FAs because your team was built ot overpay overrated guys like Freeney.

I cannot believe that you are trying to take a moral victory out of whether or not you sign free agents to pile on your morla victories on th efield the last 2 weeks.

How does that stock up to a 3x Champion with the heart of a 3x Champion.

You seriously have to be kidding to imply that signing a couple of free agents indicates something wrong with a team.
Up until this year, everyone called the Patriots philosophy of building from the draft, retaining their own players, and signing mid-level FAs cheap. Now, they are criticized for TRADING FOR Moss and Welker and singing ONE FA WR?

First, why should it matter how a team builds? There is a hard cap, so it's all about balance and value. A team that buys up expensive free agents would be limiting itself somewhere else. If the Indy FO would pass up a good value just because a player was a FA, it would be a dumb FO. (Didn't Indy sign Corey Simon and Booger MacFarland as FAs? And get Vinatieri, Klecko, and Dexter Reid as FAs from the Pats alone?)

Second, AT was the only FA signed this year who was in demand. I did not think the world was beating a door to Donte Stallworth. Wasn't he released by NO one year and then Philly the next? Moss was a trade and the national and local media had plenty of doubts about that move.

Yeah that LB corps is really home grown. Seau, Vrabel, Thomas, Colvin.

Oh, I love the drafting of Welker, (wait that wasn't NE)
What round did they get Moss in? (Oh sorry Minnesota drafted him)
Stallworth? (Ah you got the point)

I guess losing to Indy really p----d Kraft and Pioli off. By the way, now that you signed Moss, is Christian Peter far away?

What's your point? Our team that we've assembled beat your team this year.

Yeah that LB corps is really home grown. Seau, Vrabel, Thomas, Colvin.

Oh, I love the drafting of Welker, (wait that wasn't NE)
What round did they get Moss in? (Oh sorry Minnesota drafted him)
Stallworth? (Ah you got the point)

I guess losing to Indy really p----d Kraft and Pioli off. By the way, now that you signed Moss, is Christian Peter far away?

Look, troll, I didn't claim the Patriots players were all home grown. Another one of you Colts trolls did that and I was showing him a few examples of his being wrong. Now, back under the bridge.

I'm not whining, I am asking a question.
Do you not find it odd that the media feels obligated to make excuses for the Colts? Who feels obligated? If a few are, big deal, but "obligated"?

I just read the 'heroic' line from Mort.
What is heroic? He didnt quit and go home?What were they saying about Romo? His team actually won in SPITE of his picks at Buffalo, had the Colts won last night, it would have been in part because of Manning
Was it less heroic for Brooks bollinger to keep playing and getting beaten up against GB?
Its just stupid. Peyton Manning threw 6 Ints, and lost. He got his team ONE TD in the second half. Yeah, oddly enough, their first drive of the second half was ended on a pick :D. Moorehead quit on the play. Second drive started from the 10, 90 yarder. Third drive started at the one. Here, I was impressed that PM didn't really press, and he flip flopped the field. A three and out, or just 10-20 yards gained would have been trouble. I wasn't worried we didn't score here. Plenty of time, and Rivers was still in. Chargers started from their own 14, and lo and behold, Rivers gets picked, but it was a great play by our third stringer. It's not like Manning had the ball for 6-7 possessions in the second half. Had if 4 times, and as stated, the one that started from our one was very successful.The defense scored a TD to give him a chance.

How is it HEROIC to play a football game and lose. What did Manning do that any other QB wouldn't?
It implies that after throwing 6 Ints he would be expected to just quit and not keep playing the game.I think a lot of guys would just have mailed it in. Name a QB that has thrown FIVE picks (I won't even count the 6th, cause who ever throws six anyway??), was down 23-0, on the road, in another downpour, but came back to throw for 300+ yards, 2 TD's, and put the game in the hands of a surefire kicker? You just don't see that happen. It would not have been "heroic" had the Colts not been in a position to win.

As an aside, in hindsight, because the Colts were having success moving the football, a safety in the end zone(out the back) might have actually worked out better (I understand, never turn down the points, BUT...). There's our taylor made 2 pt. conversion, we are sitting on 17, PLUS, we get the ball back. Even a booming 55+ yarder probably gets us to the 35-40 yard line. Might have set up better, although not sure what more you can ask for than to set yourself up for a potential game winner. So, just let me recap. Yeah, he "only" scored 7 in the second half. Drive one ended in a pick, drive 2, TD, drive 3, flips the field, starting from his own 1, drive 4, just needed a chipshot. Had they been down 4, obviously, they would have played the end differently. So, easy to say "only one TD" when you look at it out of context.

I'll be the first to admit, he stunk it up, bad throws, poor decisions, pretty woeful. But he was able to set it aside, and give the team a chance to win.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back