PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ive heard it all now.. Brady overated??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just stupid. If a TD was what was needed to win these games, a TD would be thrown. When he's had to tie the game with a TD he does it. You don't think that against the Chargers they could have scored a TD to win it if that's what was needed? Instead, they ran the ball, killing the clock and took the figgie to win. It's not about Brady's stats, it's about the best situation to come out on top.

didn't you know, a field goal in 80 seconds isn't good enough. you need to get a touchdown for style points.

last I knew Brady was way behind Peyton in style points :(

didn't you know, a field goal in 80 seconds isn't good enough. you need to get a touchdown for style points.

last I knew Brady was way behind Peyton in style points :(

Yeah, I bet if the Pats scored a TD rather than a FG then the Bolts would have called BB classless for running up the score. :rolleyes:

You know what, after reading this thread, Madden was right. We should have taken a knee and gone to OT. That way Brady could have marched them down field for a td and he wouldn't be overrated any more!:bricks:

Skip can call Brady overrated all day long and I won't take offense - he's just an idiot is all and has idiotic opinions. But to say that he "doesn't work as hard" is blasphemy. Does he even know that Tom wins the offseason workout award EVERY YEAR since he's been in NE? Does he realize how much work is required to integrate 3-4 new receivers into an offense over the course of a season? I forgot that "working hard" involves studying a lot of film and throwing to guys you've thrown to for 5 years :rolleyes:

If Adam is to be the reason we won the SBs and Brady is overated then who the hell drove us down there for Adam to be able to kick the winning FGs? - Can those ass munchers answer that?

The topic Brady overated?? The one guy , who is from Detroit says , all of those Pats highlights all I see I Adam Vinateri , I dont see Tom Brady throwing the winnind TD

All Brady does is win.

According to that Detroit boob's logic, Marlon MaCree would have been wrong to merely bat down that 4th down pass, instead he's a "winner" for catching the ball and trying to make a highlight film play.

Someone should teach that guy about winning football. If he tunes in Sunday at 6:30pm EST, he may learn.

I never watch Cold Pizza. These guys can't honestly believe the nonsense they spout and if they do then they're morons not worth listening to.

Skip also claimed the Dolphins would de-throne the Patriots. Hes a genious I tell ya.

1st and 10 is about to talk about the same thing. There's a headline at the bottom of the screen, "Is Brady overrated?"

1st and 10 is about to talk about the same thing. There's a headline at the bottom of the screen, "Is Brady overrated?"

I think that is Cold Pizza? ESPN2? Maybe a reshowing of the same segment?

I think that is Cold Pizza? ESPN2? Maybe a reshowing of the same segment?

Yeah it's a 30 minute show on ESPN. They're discussing it right now.

Hey guys, you know why Brady is overrated right? It's because he only threw one TD during the 2001 playoffs. This guy sucks.

Now this Detroit guy is defending Grossman. He says Grossman's team is 13-3 so it's unfair that he gets criticism, and people are just nitpicking. You cannot make it up.

Last edited:
.......or listen to Skip Bayless in any capacity.

I have no idea how that guy obtained (and keeps) a job in sports journalism. He may, in fact, be the worst high-profile sports guy around today. That's saying a lot.

I can't wait til the Cold, Hard Football Facts gets a hold of this one.

That's just stupid. If a TD was what was needed to win these games, a TD would be thrown. When he's had to tie the game with a TD he does it. You don't think that against the Chargers they could have scored a TD to win it if that's what was needed? Instead, they ran the ball, killing the clock and took the figgie to win. It's not about Brady's stats, it's about the best situation to come out on top.

Hell, they were one off-balance receiver away from a game-winning TD in the Chargers game.

a gratuitous rant because I'm bored at work...

ah yes, cold pizza...after all, it's not gourmet, it's DiGiorno

yeah, he's "overrated" next to a guy who played with the 80's Niners!!!...I mean just look at all the help Tom gets compared to Montana...I mean would anyone really take Jerry Rice over Troy Brown or Branch or Reche?...or Roger Craig over K-Faulk/elderly Dillon/A-Smith?...or John Taylor over D-Giv...or Brent Jones over Daniel Graham?

I mean yeah, Joe had that all-pro line, but Tom has had a great group of blue-collar lunch-pail guys who are "well-coached" by the immortal Scar...I'll take the crappier line any day.

Ok, ok...enough sarcasm. Nobody disputes that Joe had a far superior offensive supporting, cast but Tom has consistently had the better defense. After all, who could honestly take Joe's defense (which allowed from 81-90 -- not counting the strike-shortened 82 season -- 260 pts/season) over Tom's (which has allowed from 01-07, 281 pts/season).

Yeah, Tom is a veritable flea compared to JM.

But he's not a stats guy...he's not a great passer...it's about intangibles for TB.

Next time you're asked what goes into a "passer rating," you can give one of two accurate answers:
1. YPA, TDs, INTs, or...
2. supporting cast, quality of opponent, playing conditions

both are inarguably accurate...but you never hear anyone mention the second part.

And now to the real crux of the crit..."too hollywood"...

Yeah, those Jim Brown, Lawrence Taylor and Paul Hornung guys might've been pretty good if they hadn't been major league playboys. I mean you can't enjoy yourself and ever hope to be a great player...you have to either marry (as though having kids and a wife is a real boon in the focus department) or practice abstinence by using a sock twice a day...that's the deal...no hot chicks under any circumstances.

why don't these journalist wannabes just admit they're bitter with envy? Do they really think it's not ridiculously obvious?

At what point can we all agree to stop pretending the guy's lucky instead of great?

Maybe when his playoff record reaches 22-4? 30-7?? Why isn't Adam's win/loss record in the postseason ever discussed?...answer: because nobody is dumb enough to ascribe a playoff record to a freakin kicker!

Has there ever been a guy who had it widely held against him that he consistently took grossly inadequate teams (fellow fans read: "overachievers") to multiple titles all while achieving major upsets by razor thin margins...I mean what's his excuse for 2002, 2005?...where are the rings from those seasons, hmmm?? I mean he had ADAM VINATIERI so what's his excuse for not winning five straight rings in the parity era??

Just once I'd like to hear a pundit fire back by asking why nobody had heard of the great Adam before Mo Lewis?...pure coincidence I'm sure. Better yet, let's poll kickers and QBs themselves as to who was luckier, Adam or Tom?

Would a single player pick Adam? Then why do miserable journalists constantly make this mistake?

Sports journalists grow tired of pretty boys...to be a truly great pundit with your own radio show you need to ignore the substance and follow the sea of ignorance and perception...He ought to just replace the name on his jersey with a sign saying "don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful."

By the way, has Adam ever given this many interviews? After his 5-kick game he was on every single network doing an interview -- at the same time...has a guy ever campaigned for the hall of fame more than Adam ...alright, I'll give you Michael Irvin.

the critics just add more fuel to the fire -- Tom's admitted to his dad that 06 was his best season ever.

his passion goes beyond a mere "hunger to win" to near sadistic bloodlust levels...at no time was that more evident than last Sunday. 99% of us would be totally fat and happy after all of his success and flattery...that he's still intensely driven is a testament to the level of obsession at work here.

heartless assassin with a very sensitive ego -- a combustible combination guaranteed to produce success on the field regardless of how popular he may be on the gossip pages...the two are just not connected as much as we'd all like to think.

he's not going gracefully off into the sunset...they keep waiting for the "decline"...he's too young for the onset of physical decline so we expect him to lose his edge...they're just sharpening his blade...shining it up for the next slaughter.

just ask the chargers how many different ways you have to kill him before he's actually dead...ask any team for that matter.

Most of America has finally figured it out (latest ESPN poll has him beating Peyton by a 7:3 margin)...could turn in a hurry of course...but overall he's finally getting the respect most of us never thought we'd see.

now, cold pizza...that's another matter.

That great TV Show Masterpiece in Cold Pizza just had that little 1st and 10 thing they do.. The topic Brady overated?? The one guy , who is from Detroit says , all of those Pats highlights all I see I Adam Vinateri , I dont see Tom Brady throwing the winnind TD, he has been fortunate because of the Tuck Rule, Adam, and the fumble int.. Then the puletz prize winner Skip Bayless, says Brady is overated in terms of being compared to Montana, but then says he has become too hollywood!!! And does not work as hard as he used to... I know Cold Pizza is a second rate show, but it just goes to show we should be like the Pats and ignore the media till after Sunday... When we look for 4 in 6

This is foolish. Don't see him throwing the winning TD? When you need a FG, he gets you in position to get the FG. If Peyton had thought to secure the FG position first and go for the TD second, Indy might have tied the game against Pittsburgh last year.

I seem to remember Q4 TD drives against Philly and Carolina in the SBs, and a 50 yard, no time out drive against the Rams. Deep balls over the middle against Pittsburgh. More Q4 TD drives against the Raiders and Chargers.

From some Other NFL team fans... FYI

That long pass down the sideline on the last drive could not be done by just anybody.Three picks would normally make a qb a bit shy about going downfield...but not Brady.
He's ice

Brady is clutch, accurate, a fantastic leader and a DAMN good QB. Period. End of discussion.You're all going about this the wrong way. Here's how I always put it to people that try to discredit Brady.
Swap him and Manning. Colts win the last 4 Super Bowls.

Tom Brady is definitely the best QB in the NFL right now.
He can turn water into wine when it comes to his supporting cast.
He is this generation's Joe Montana, except he is doing it without a Jerry Rice.

I used to be hater of Brady and the Patriots until yesterday.
That they got this far is sort of unreal given their talent level on paper.
Name a QB who's better than Brady. He doesnt have the best WR's,
and still gets the job done each year! Be serious man, Brady is the best.
If Brady is overrated, then Peyton is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overrated.
Peyton has/had a good receiving core, if Brady had those types of receivers

Brady is the best, he's been working with just a little more than average receivers,
and still carrying the Offense, better than teams loaded with good receivers.
Brady is he first QB to win a playoff game with throwing more then
50 times and a running game that had less then 30 yards.
Yes he is that good

, you could just draw the Pats up each year for an SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes