PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ive got to say I like Jon Gruden

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB15

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I like just about everything about this guy, especially his spark. The fact that he points out that fans pay good money to come out to games and cheer on their team and all they do is flop in return.

I just thought it was a very big thing to say and isnt said to often any more about fans after a team drops the ball.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/otherNFL/view.bg?articleid=157150

"To go out and get soundly defeated at home like we did is enough to make me sick. I’ve got a lot of respect for the fans who pay good money to come in here and watch the Buccaneers. To send them home like we did is something that makes me sick and humiliated."

Even when the Patriots beat the Raiders in the Snow Bowl, he gave the Patriots all the credit for the win and didn't blame the referees for the Tuck Rule. Gruden has always been a favorite of mine.

Gruden is my second favorite NFL coach (Charlie is ahead of him but he's in college football) . . . which is weird as Gruden is the exact opposite personality from Belichick.

I laughed when I saw the episode of the NFL Network's "In their own words" when they showed him pictures of how crazy he gets on the sidelines. He shook his head and said something to the effect of "What an ass...". Anyone who can laugh at himself is ok with me.

Maybe we can get him to be our offensive coordinator? or better yet maybe he can play WR.

Last edited:
I've never really liked him, thought he looked like CHUCKY ! But I was very impressed with his recent PC, thought that was honest and sincere.

BelichickFan said:
which is weird as Gruden is the exact opposite personality from Belichick.
haha thats funny I thought that as well. Its good though, I like and respect both coaches even though they are polar oppsite eachother.

If Belichick were to leave tomorow I Gruden would be my first choice as coach.... infact im making a thread about that right now.

cstjohn17 said:
I laughed when I saw the episode of the NFL Network's "In their own words" when they showed him pictures of how crazy he gets on the sidelines. He shook his head and said something to the effect of "What an ass...". Anyone who can laugh at himself is ok with me.

I saw that as well. hahaha I respect anyone who can laugh at them selves.

I wish more coaches would say things like that. They always say 'thanks to the fans' after championships but they never say it when they're having a losing season. Gruden's right, it sucks to pay and watch the home team get slaughtered (at least when you're poor like me!)

:rocker:

It makes me happy to see you guys agree

I saw him say that too, and I thought that was pretty classy of him. Tampa's one of my least favourite teams simply because I have two close friends who love them, but I gained a LOT of respect for Gruden yesterday.

That and we trounced them last year.

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/09/12/Bucs/Simms__struggles_disp.shtml

"You can roll your eyes and say, well, they're just talking, but the bottom line is they are batting down balls and he is 6-foot-4 and we have to eliminate that," Gruden said."

Not sure I liked how he threw his quarterback under the bus. Kind of Parcellian.

Hey, you're the one that picked him.

He's probably right but Simms has always underperformed.

Hey, I hear Major Applewhite's available.:D

I actually liked the Raiders (my local AFC team) under Gruden. He was the first (and last) coach to tell the meddlesome Al Davis to get out of his way so he can coach the team. Never rooted for them before Gruden and haven't since.

Regards,
Chris

I really like Gruden too. It is my understanding that he and Belichick are friends as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes