PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I've come around on Robert Woods.

Woods is the next Reggie Wayne. Hunter at best is comparable to an average version of Randy Moss. We can take a flyer on a guy similar to Justin Hunter in the 3rd round or later. Aaron Dobson seems to fit that bill.

Woods is the next Reggie Wayne. Hunter at best is comparable to an average version of Randy Moss. We can take a flyer on a guy similar to Justin Hunter in the 3rd round or later. Aaron Dobson seems to fit that bill.

And we know how much BB likes Reggie Wayne.

If Patterson's not available, it's Woods/Hunter/Wheaton for me, not necessarily in that order.

If Patterson's not available, it's Woods/Hunter/Wheaton for me, not necessarily in that order.

If Patterson is available, it's Allen(medicals cleared)/Woods(medicals cleared)/Wheaton for me. In that order realizing a trade back would give best value.

edit: oops. I should have added it doesn't hurt that Caserio has discussed the pro-style offenses of Cal and USC for giving their WRs an easier transition into the NFL.

Yes, I've also really started to like Woods this week. After Bedard tweeted that he is what we need, I looked closely at him and liked what I saw. Anyone have a link to the vid of him vs Sherman that was referenced on pg1?

edit: think i found it, watching now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGDr-e3E_iE

edit: yep, right one and it's further up on page 3, which i didn't read until just now.

Who had Kyle Long going before Shariff Floyd?

Damn, now I know why Sherman was picked so low in the draft.

He wasn't highly regarded--at all. Stanford used him as a WR and CB, and he wasn't good at either. He was like a Poor man's Devin Hester or a Rich man's Matt Slater in that he was an athlete without a position, but a potential Special Teams captain who could perhaps chip in as a depth safety. Good on him for improving so much after he got paid.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back