PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I've been telling the doubters of the secondary for a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The secondary only looks as bad as it does because the pass rush is non-existant. Granted, I still think O'Neal was and is terrible but look what an effective pass rush (with some help from the snow) did to a top-5 offense today. Aside from the long Fitzgerald bomb over Hobbs, the pass rush effectively shut down the Cardinals offense today. Mike Wright looks like a very good option to come in on passing downs as well. Good stuff from the entire D today. :D

Also, it's halftime out in Seattle and, as of right now, the Seahawks are beating the Jets 7-3. Hopefully they can knock the Jets off and then, GULP, we'll all have to be Jets fans for three hours next Sunday.

Also, it's halftime out in Seattle and, as of right now, the Seahawks are beating the Jets 7-3. Hopefully they can knock the Jets off and then, GULP, we'll all have to be Jets fans for three hours next Sunday.

Yeah, we didn't slip by a high powered offense, we killed the mofo's!!

I'm sticking to the idea that we've had an awesome year and a full off-season of healing will set up nicely for domination next year. Play-off's is bonus.

I really don't think the Jets can beat the fishies.

i am not going to get excited about the secondary because this was not a fair game to judge. Arizona played like they wanted to get back on the bus after warm-ups and head to the airport...they were very disinterested today.

I think the trio of Hobbs, Wheatley, and Wilhite (with a year or two out of Lewis Sanders) is a solid foundation for the future. Do I think we could use a FA addition? Yes. Do I think we absolutely need one? Absolutely not.

not to burst your bubble but the cardinals tried to run the ball before they gave up when down 21-0. they had a bad game plan and couldn't adjust to the snow.

the raiders are awful. didn't jamarcus have a pretty good day?

and then there was seneca.

I think the secondary has made strides and it's a whole chicken(pass rush) and egg(secondary thing).

the jury is still out

I really don't think the Jets can beat the fishies.

Wont the Jets roll over anyway to kill our playoff hopes?

I think the trio of Hobbs, Wheatley, and Wilhite (with a year or two out of Lewis Sanders) is a solid foundation for the future. Do I think we could use a FA addition? Yes. Do I think we absolutely need one? Absolutely not.
It's alright but I'd like Wheatly to have stayed healthy more. We need a league average CB FA signing or another round 1-3 pick for sure going into next year. Maybe both. Hobbs, Wilhite, Wheatley, FA, draft choice would be a decent group.

not to burst your bubble but the cardinals tried to run the ball before they gave up when down 21-0. they had a bad game plan and couldn't adjust to the snow.

the raiders are awful. didn't jamarcus have a pretty good day?

and then there was seneca.

I think the secondary has made strides and it's a whole chicken(pass rush) and egg(secondary thing).

the jury is still out

I wouldn't be too quick to make excuses for them. Matt Cassel, a guy who has never played in the snow before, had a damn good game. Don't take this thread as being overly complimentary of the secondary because it's not. However, it's a pat on the back of our pass rush today. They finally showed up. Neither Warner nor Leinart looked comfortable in the pocket. The pass rush is a presence we have been sorely missing since the beginning of the season. It was good to see it again today.

I wouldn't be too quick to make excuses for them. Matt Cassel, a guy who has never played in the snow before, had a damn good game. Don't take this thread as being overly complimentary of the secondary because it's not. However, it's a pat on the back of our pass rush today. They finally showed up. Neither Warner nor Leinart looked comfortable in the pocket. The pass rush is a presence we have been sorely missing since the beginning of the season. It was good to see it again today.

makes you wonder why the pass rush was so effective.

I also think the secondary has not had a chance to mesh together and I imagine they must have had to cut back the schemes a bit

guys you cant pass in the snow

matt cassels 345 yards in the air were all screen plays

guys you cant pass in the snow

matt cassels 345 yards in the air were all screen plays

And the Cards could not have done that all day too? I bet fitzigerld's TD was 60 YAC. If we can do it why can't another team?

Little off-topic, but A$ante Samuel just dropped a sure INT for the now very much in-trouble Eagles. Right in his hands. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes